PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:2 Arsenal

Post-match discussion

Wed, 05 December 2018

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Up there with the worst performances of the season. This Arsenal team is massively overrated.

Our decision making in attack is woeful.

Dalot, Bailly and Rojo can't defend. Bailly can't kick a ball properly half the time.

Sentient Meat

Jose warned us before the season that we needed defensive reinforcements... the team is fighting... I don't know how you can put all the blame on him.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Both Arsenal goals are hilarious. Comedy central.

Jev

Oh, and can we stop calling for Dalot to start now on the basis of nothing? He's clearly a work in (slow) progress. Darmian was very dependable, though.

ash_86

Atleast an entertaining game for major parts. Need to persist with Martial - Rashford up top . Impressed with Rashford today especially.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
That game can be summed up with the words 'stay of execution'. Scratchy, scrappy but ultimately effectively entertaining performance which keeps the shitshow rolling on to another week.

ants7

Absolutely nothing changed. I know De God had a blunder but also made some regular worldies. 2:2 thanks to him. Parked it for the last 20 minutes. I'm so fed up.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
We are an absolute fecking joke. Rojo and Bailly have the composure of a virgins in a brothel. Pogba and Lukaku were invisible when they came on. Lingard and Mourinho grinning like cnuts at the end. Do they not realise that we are mid table with a negative goal difference after nearly half a season and will soon be 18 points off City? It's criminal how far we have been allowed to fall. What's the fecking point in even calling for the manager's head? We are so useless that that singular change will make no difference.

Judas

Open to offers
I saw some saying Bailly was the MOTM in the matchday thread?! He's a walking disaster, I trust Jones over him. Our defenders have a lot of blood and thunder, but they're quite simply not very good.

King Eric 7

The team exceeded my expectations today, which are so low anyway. We played OK, better than in previous games, but that's not saying a lot. Two silly mistakes from us but overall we did alright defensively considering the fact that Rojo and Bailly are a bit rusty.

Chairman Steve

Same old shit but with more intensity I guess, which really doesn’t count for anything.

It still all looks like any Utd XI have never played with each other before. And that stat about Jose making 46 fecking changes to his starting XI so far this season is ridiculous.

The man is in his 3rd season and has no idea what his best XI is. It’s clearly not working here if he does not know that by now, and this is someone who loves to stick a set starting XI with 3-4 subs who he can bring on and/or rotate in accordance with the opponent, more than one game in the week or injuries.

RAVred

Pogba did nothing when he came on, if we get a decent offer for him honestly off load him (100 mill range)

saivet

Entertaining but a pretty frantic performance from us lacking quality. While we had intensity before the subs, we didn't create much in the game.

David Haberger

Old trafford was a warzone today. What a brutal battle might be one of my favourite games from the last few year. Players fighting like their live was on the line, trainers screaming like they where crazy, only thing missing was the winning goal.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
The fact that people are saying this was an improvement and a good performance is patronizing and shows how far standards have dropped. One goal from a set-piece and a feck-up from their goalkeeper, we didn’t really have any other opportunities apart from a couple of Rashford long-range strikes. It’s just so depressing watching this team, we’re beyond pathetic.

Josep Dowling

The was winnable but the stare of our defences.

No one marking Mustafi, De Gea with a shocker.

Rojo passes the ball straight to their attacker

Bailly miss kicks the ball, Micky scores an offside goal.

So many individual errors. Whether you like Mourinho or not what can we do with this many errors every week?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Just prolongs the inevitable. Lucky to get the draw.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Remember when everyone was whinging about out players coming up with daft celebrations? feck me I’d kill for that spirit now - even the goals.

Devil77

Attack went shit after the subs. Really don’t get why we think it’s wise tactics to stop playing football and start hoofing. Happens game after game and usually with the introduction of Lukaku or Fellaini! :mad:

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Well, it wasn't boring. It wasn't very good either. It was a right laugh because both teams are a bit shite. 4 totally stupid goals.

Played decent in the 1st half. Subs killed us. They were all over us from Lingard's goal. We took off both goalscorers, which seems crazy to me. It's as if Mourinho doesn't want players playing too well.

Rojo is hilarious. How did nobody get a red card?

Rob67

Really weird and entertaining game. Arsenal obviously better but DDG won a point, though he cost a goal. Energetic front three was good. Bailly was good. Fellaini and Rojo have no brain. And what is the crowd doing singing 'we want you to stay'? Treachery.
That was the Arsenal fans taking the piss.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Attack went shit after the subs. Really don’t get why we think it’s wise tactics to stop playing football and start hoofing. Happens game after game and usually with the introduction of Lukaku or Fellaini! :mad:
At 2-2, Jose still went for his Fellaini sub anyway. He loves him so much it's fecking crazy

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Fun game. They were definitely the better side by far but it was entertaining at least and we didnt lose.. so not all bad. De gea really saved us that second half, after being at fault for the 1st.

Rashford, martial, Herrera and lingard were very good. So much energy from them along with actual quality. The subs were useless, Dalot had a tough time out there and was visibly tired but hes young. Had a tough ask up against kolasinac, aubameyang and whoever else doubling up on his side, but still showed a good attitude imo.

Main take away for me is hopefully we try to keep going with a front 2 of Martial and Rashford. By far our best option attacking wise, using both through the middle together. Suits both of them far more than being on the wing or lone strikers.

Camilo

Very entertaining, but a shambles really. Hint of the night crew about Rojo, Bailly, Dalot, Herrera etc.. They're in the team, but they're not really in the team and as a result, have no fear of being dropped and do whatever they want.

There's a team waiting to be brought out from this lot, but Jose isn't the guy. He's never been the guy.

Reddy Rederson

Well it was entertaining and good to see some effort and energy. Far too many errors still though. But I wasn’t bored as feck like I have been. Good game for baily, seemed to lose his head towards the end with some shit clearenses. Rojo, not bad for a guy being out for so long. fecking awful feck up though. Herrera full of energy, determination and passion. Fantastic player, put in a good shift for us tonight.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Lukaku, Pogba and Sanchez are our players with the biggest wages and transfer fee not only at the club but in the world of football. Yet they did feck all. This is the Type of game that they should perform. It speaks of where we are as s club

RedDevil@84

If Martial is not fit by weekend, I will play Rashford and Greenwood and keep Lukaku on bench

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Entertaining enough but nothing there to suggest we're recovering. We're shambolic but at least we don't lie down and accept defeat.

Herrera was good, Matic was better than he 's been recently (i.e. not total shit), Rashford looked lively as did Lingard here and there.

Everyone else looked erratic and error-prone to be honest. Still, at least it wasn't boring.

CA1

We were terrible. Arsenal were only a bit better- feck knows why they're getting so giddy this season.

We can't do basics on passing a ball and doing it quickly.

slir32

Oh, and can we stop calling for Dalot to start now on the basis of nothing? He's clearly a work in (slow) progress. Darmian was very dependable, though.
Well if he gets a run of games he might give us something. What do you expect from him its his first PL game of the season.

Canagel

We didn’t create a single chance in the last 20 minutes while supposedly chasing the game. Our midfield play was so shocking with Fellaini there, we simply couldn’t build up with that oaf in there. As long as our manager uses outdated tactics and physical players over more technical ones, we’ll continue to not get anywhere.

Mourinho out.
Imagine if we could bring Fred on for those 25 minutes and build something on the ground. No he gets left at home whilst the likes of Fellaini and McTominay are preffered on the bench. Pathetic

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Pogba did nothing when he came on, if we get a decent offer for him honestly off load him (100 mill range)
What?? Nooo. You're crazy.

He just needs a whole team built around him, a specific formation, world class players next to him, an a manager who cuddles him instead of big bad Mourinho.

Chicharo

Missed a chance to close the gap on Chelsea and Arsenal.
Martial got injured, so he had to leave the game, but Lingard shouldn't have been subbed. Pogba and Lukaku produced nothing

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
HOOOOFFFF

The players put their efforts in, but when the whole setup is a joke...

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Lukaku, Pogba and Sanchez are our players with the biggest wages and transfer fee not only at the club but in the world of football. Yet they did feck all. This is the Type of game that they should perform. It speaks of where we are as s club
What did you want from Sanchez exactly ?

Joseunited

Utter rubbish, intensity for a time but never looked like we could win, Arsenal did though.
We looked worse when Pogba and Lukaku came on, we are in deep deep shite.Surely if we don't beat Fulham on Saturday he has to go?

MonkeysMagic

How many times did Lukaku touch the ball? Seriously, maybe three times.
Thats 3 more then I saw! The lack of cohesive structure to our attacking play is laughable at times. The defending...its a comedy horror show! Dont expect anything to change so rinse repeat and the sh*t show goes on.

afc_gentleman

Supports
Arsenal
gg lads. It was a tough game, a lot of back and forth, you played well in parts, Rashford is a gem for you guys I feel, DDG maybe was unlucky on the goal but saved a couple of great chances as well. You're tough to beat at home.

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 310 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 16% Man Utd 1:3 Arsenal
  • 13% Man Utd 1:2 Arsenal