PL L FA Premier League

Arsenal 2:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 10 March 2019

Dve

After listening to a few pundits on different channels, there seems to be consensus that:

- it was never a penalty
- United was the better team and deserved to win
- United will end top 4

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Yes. If there is one thing to put blame on Ole for, it's the fact that Matic started over Scott.
Can understand as McTominay put in a great shift in mid week, and is probably not used to such intense matches in a short period of time. We don't want anymore hamstring problems, but could be back for Saturday. Ole seems to like Matic, although at the moment McTominay offers better general defensive cover than Matic, but probably hasn't got his passing ability, yet.

dogwithabone

Would have taken beating them in FA Cup above beating them in PL. Defeats are part and parcel of football and let's face it the run had to come to an end at some point. Our challenge now should be to remain undefeated in rest of the PL campaign and then no one will even remember this loss.

Chairman Steve

Somewhat expected. Their motivation was to save face after being embarrassed by Rennes whilst we’d beaten one of the favourites for the Champions League in extraordinary circumstances. They didn’t really do much and on another day we’d have walked away with a draw at worst.

Flytan

Think we played okay. Rashford looks tired or something. he's not as clinical as he was a few months ago. We'll be fine but top 4 is looking tough (especially looking at who we have to play compared to the others).

extincti fugax hominum

I would still call this a version of a knuckleball, as it changes direction after the "breaking point". Only that this versions trajectory can be predicted.
I prefered Reus set piece technique during the last seasons that i played on a regular basis. Easier to control, can be used when shooting, crossing and taking corners. And most importantly: less likely to get ligament issues in the ankle. If i recall correctly, the WC ball used during the 2004 world cup was supereasy to perform knuckleballs with, and in general easier to do this on Adidasballs compared to Nike and other brands (due to better grip on the ball).
WC 2010 you mean? I remember that ball "jabulani" was heavily criticised by the managers and players (especially keepers like Buffon, Casillas etc.) before and through the tournament because of its lightweight nature. Or did you mean WC 2006 ball?

Cockney Phil

Arse’s cup final and Season - wrapped up in one game. I bet it doesn’t motivate them.

As for us, we lost a game: the pain, the horror, the embarressment, the shame, the world ending repercussions and the inevitable Scousism.:lol:

Ok then, time to kick on, bring on Wolves.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Only thing I'd question was the set up.

Seemed to be a 442 with Pogba wide left and Dalot wide right. Didn't really seem to work and tampered with a set up that worked consistently in the league of our midfield 3. Hope he reverts back to type for the next game.

ants7

Arsenal players and their official twitter account response to this result has been pretty laughable. Özil mentioning Emirates as a dancefloor and Emery at the wheels.

Let's see how our team bounces back. Had it up to here with vs arsenal fixture.

Zed 101

After the PSG defeat I thought we bounced back really well in some tough games and put in some of our best overall performances under Ole, I am hoping that the same happens this time around, a concerted push for the next 2-3 games could see us in 3rd spot Arse, Spurs and Chelski will drop points....

Anyone remember the old SAF days, if UTD got beat then the next opposition had to watch out, they were likely to get a drubbing, that has been missing but maybe, hopefully on its way back.

Frank Grimes

Only thing I'd question was the set up.

Seemed to be a 442 with Pogba wide left and Dalot wide right. Didn't really seem to work and tampered with a set up that worked consistently in the league of our midfield 3. Hope he reverts back to type for the next game.
It was a must not lose game more than a must win game and Arsenal were without Torreira. We really should have played 3 in midfield. The moment Pogba switched into the centre we dominated them.

It was a very bad game to lose and leaves us slight outsiders to finish top 4. I still have hope we can pull it off but every game is a final now.

TRUERED89

I guess these fecks got revenge for when we ended their unbeaten run at 49, when Rooney dived at OT for RVN redemption :lol:

Fosu-Mens

WC 2010 you mean? I remember that ball "jabulani" was heavily criticised by the managers and players (especially keepers like Buffon, Casillas etc.) before and through the tournament because of its lightweight nature. Or did you mean WC 2006 ball?
2006 WC ball, Adidas Teamgeist. My mistake.
Due to the high grip/friction and fewer seems you could easily shoot with little spin on the ball, and get funny results.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
It was a must not lose game more than a must win game and Arsenal were without Torreira. We really should have played 3 in midfield. The moment Pogba switched into the centre we dominated them.

It was a very bad game to lose and leaves us slight outsiders to finish top 4. I still have hope we can pull it off but every game is a final now.
Yeah it didn't make much sense to me. Dalot has looked good wide right, so just stick him up there with Pogba in his usual position as we've played before.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
The ref performance was nothing compared to the blatant cheating during the MU v Arsenal game that ended our 49 game unbeaten run. Rarely will you ever see such an awful performance from a ref.

FujiVice

The ref performance was nothing compared to the blatant cheating during the MU v Arsenal game that ended our 49 game unbeaten run. Rarely will you ever see such an awful performance from a ref.
Soft as shite southerners vs hard northerners. Nothing wrong with that ref.

Foxbatt

I think Ole is a bit naive in these kind of situations or got carried away. We should have been a bit more cautious and a point would have kept us above Arsenal but again he cannot be also responsible for the glaring misses too.
I think we still need a top class striker and also a top class CB. It would be a mistake to let players like De Lijt move to other clubs. We should buy a world class CB and a right sided player.

TRUERED89

We've played worse in games and won, much like the FA cup win at Arsenal. So I'm not too worried going forward, Ole cannot be blamed or called naïve for a De Gea mistake (debatable) and a very soft penalty. If Lukaku doesn't hit the bar and scores at 0-0, we go on to win that comfortably without doubt, and that's not even mentioning the other gilt edge chances we created. We made Arsenal look better than they actually are due to our poor finishing on the day! I still believe we'll finish above them.

Grande

If both teams keep playing like that, United will finish comfortably ahead of Arsenal. But I don’t think it will be that easy.

Finding tactical faults after a game were United play away to Arsenal, concedes alomost no chances and creates more than enough to bag a brace, is like analyzing our away game at PsG for lack of efficiency in front of goal. It’s always possible to find something to improve on, of course.

Intilo

That is because he was in charge. Based on Ole form. We will be right up there with city and Liverpool had he taken the wheel from the start of the season.
He was right. Ole form was boosted by players no longer down tooled but it's just temporary, he might fluke out UCL like Di Matteo did with Chelsea but we won't compete for EPL with this squad.

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 469 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% Arsenal 1:2 Man Utd
  • 17% Arsenal 1:3 Man Utd