PL D FA Premier League

Arsenal 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 30 January 2021

Wayne's World

You can see now why we always lose in semis. Have a losers mentality in the manager that's rubbing off on the players.

That was a disgrace, I thought halfway through that Arsenal were fighting for the title not us

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
That's one of our worst performances of the season. I'm beginning to think Rashford is a little too comfortable with his place and status in the team. He was horrific. Fred gave the ball so many times but I didn't once see him get a bollocking. He's been doing this all season. I remember Darren Fletcher getting an earful once by Keane when he made a pass to Keane which was off the pace and left Keane vulnerable to a press. And that pass, unlike Fred's passes today, was on target.

Just feels like this team is too nice. Bruno is the only one who'll get angry at his own team mates but he himself is too busy whining at the ref and his team mates to tell people off.

This man below wasn't afraid to tell his players off.

SirtheIcarium

Don't think we'll get top 4. Switching Rashford to the right, when he was brilliant in the first half of the season on the left, has killed our season. He clearly looks uncomfortable on the right. Worse thing is, it was done to accommodate Martial, who is in atrocious form and doesn't seem to care. I'm still Ole in, but some of his tactical decisions are costing us big games.

sparx99

Rashford's decision making ends up breaking up a lot of our final third play. Still so horribly inconsistent.
It really does. Between the front four there can barely be an assist all season. They’re all so selfish it seems like.

rooney2009

It’s the hope that kills you
Anything can change in a week the games keep coming thick and fast and we look a bit tired and leggy
We just need to find a way of winning again
We have also just come through 2 very tiring games against Liverpool
We will come again,just let’s win on Tuesday(no silly excuses)
It’s going to be between us,Liverpool and city

Becks-7-

Supports
United & Eintracht Frankfurt
Not making a 3rd sub when playing that kind of stuff is not really ambitious.

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
How Fernandes wasn’t taken off in the second half i will never know.

Infra-red

City three points clear with a game in hand. Leicester will overtake us if they beat Leeds tomorrow - Liverpool will move within one point if they beat West Ham.

I'd take top 4, if it was offered now.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
It was a better performance I thought than against SU.

Both teams sort of playing the same way.

I somehow dont think either team will win anything this year.

Zen86

Pretty rubbish game. We’ve been treading on thin ice for weeks, and becoming progressively worse during that time. Our attack is just so flat, we’re not really creating very much at the moment. I think we’re tired.

sparx99

None of our front four/five are taking a half chance at the moment and it’s making games really hard work.

Park's Petrified Pooch

I know it’s a much mocked and unpopular opinion on here, but games like this are where the ‘we have no pattern of play’ accusations are really evident. It’s very easy to look fluid in an open game. It’s really easy to point to running into oceans of space and scoring goals on the break as a style. But when there is no space, there is a mechanical aspect of our play that is missing.

We don’t move the ball quickly enough, and it’s because we don’t know what pattern to make to move the opposition around. There’s no reflexive movement, we look like strangers waiting for someone to move so we can make a pass. The only thing slower than our passing is our decision making, and the coaching staff need to work on it.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Martial didn't even start?
Martial came on in the first half for injured McSauce. We didn't decide to keep shape by bringing on Matic or DVDB or go to traditional with Greenwood on right. Decided to bring on Martial and what did he do for us? We played worse! I was his biggest fan last year but he is all over the place, bang out of form and it will cost Ole his job in the end

devil in me

The in game management from OGs is a joke. Even Mctominay stayed on for 25 mins when he couldn't run.

OrcaFat

Disappointing but not as bad as all that.

Had a few chances to score but came close to conceding a few times. Draw seems fair and I would have taken that really as I couldn’t stand the thought of losing to these dicks again.

croadyman

Feels like a narrow defeat and sad to say but we are just too terrified of defeats in these big six games, expect to see exactly the same against Chelsea, Spurs & City too.

AaronRedDevil

Feels like the exact same 11 is being played every week and the players are just running out of ideas. Don’t know why Rashord didn’t just smash that good chance he had. Also why the feck doesn’t Ole play VDB, this seems like a game who could have had a chance to create something. Getting sick of seeing the same shite with Rashord and Martial. One keeps making bad decisions and the other can’t fecking stop sulking. The positioning was awfull from our attackers, barely in a goal scoring place. Only Cavani actually looked like a threat. We were lucky and unlucky to draw.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Were pretty good in places against a much improved Arsenal side that on this form don't look like a mid-table team. Honestly think there's so many encouraging signs from some recent performances it's not an appropriate time to stick the proverbial boot in. This team is solidifying and forming nicely and it might (or might never tbf) be a few months yet before it goes to the kind of level that City are capable of reaching.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
We have ran out of gas. Attitude is shocking for all the "we want to win" talk before Liverpool game. We are playing at walking pace. Effectively 6 points off the top and will be 3 rd by weekend. Liverpool will probably knock us out of top 4 by next week.

Horrible response after midweek shocker.

RedStarUnited

Its a mentality thing. If we were 1-0 down going into the last 10 minutes, I bet the players would try harder. So the players just dont seem to want it enough.

DickDastardly

Surely they have to train something at Carrington?!

I mean, come on, our plays looks the same.

Surely you have to think of something else?
You have VDB, think maybe we can use him sometimes?
I don't know, maybe do a case scenarios...one where we're a goal down, two goals down, a player down.

It all looks reaaally chaotic.
I read the article where we're suppose to flourish from all that chaos, but please, just do some tactical training?

Juuust a bit?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
No point playing Cavani if you're not going to give him any service.

Much better first half without Martial on the pitch. Long past time that Greenwood was getting his minutes.
Mad that you’d focus on Martial today when Rashford was absolutely awful as he has been for weeks.

Good performance against an in form Arsenal, who had 5-1-0, and 14-2 in goal difference from their last 6 PL games. Missed some big chances, and should've won the game.

SuperiorXI

Feels like a narrow defeat and sad to say but we are just too terrified of defeats in these big six games, expect to see exactly the same against Chelsea, Spurs & City too.
No secret that we're too much poo bags against the so called big teams, last season these were the games we got the points and then dropped v.s. the shite.

Bottle gone.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think we're closer to arsenal than to city except for incidental spikes in form/games won by individual brilliance.

Should have won probably but it was pretty even.
The results and points over the last year say otherwise. Two poor results doesn’t chance that!

MrBest

Fact is, Ole can ony set up to counter against the top teams of which they now know how to stop it by not allowing us space. Ole only has one way of playing, he does not know how to change things and inject urgency into the team. I npw have my tinted glasses off and remember why o was Ole out for so long. Ole can make us a top 4 contender which is great, but he does not have the ability to make us title challengers. I expect us to drop a lot of points in the next 10 games unless brave decisions are made. He must play Bailey, he allows us to do more at the attack side and takes the defensive burden off the midfielders. I want to see pogba in the 10 role and shift bruno to the right. He needs to entirely drop Martial, even if he comes off the bench, he does nothing. This obsession with the double pivot has to stop. It's so weird and we still have huge gaps between midfield and defence. I think its also time for Amad Diallo to be on the bench. Ole clearly does not trust anyone from the bench to change the game.

A reallu bad performance and result, Leicester will knock us to third with a win, City are 3 points ahead and could be 6.

city-puma

Don't think we'll get top 4. Switching Rashford to the right, when he was brilliant in the first half of the season on the left, has killed our season. He clearly looks uncomfortable on the right. Worse thing is, it was done to accommodate Martial, who is in atrocious form and doesn't seem to care. I'm still Ole in, but some of his tactical decisions are costing us big games.
When we lost McT, Ole was not bold enough to take off pogba, that’s the reason we lost the midfield completely in the second half. We just can’t match their work rate with Fred doing two-man job.

Acole9

Outstanding
It was far from a boring 0-0, disappointing as I think we could've and should've been braver going forward. I think the momentum we had is starting to disappear.

UmbroDays

Indeed, taken together they are both rotten performances and a sign something isn't quite right with our blend up top.
Yeah, I agree. I still don't think Cavani is a lone striker.

I'd love to see the diamond again:

Rashford Cavani Greenwood
Bruno
Pogba Fred
Shaw Maguire Bailly/Lindelof AWB
De Gea
Just feels at the moment Rashford and whoever plays on the left aren't affecting the game up top too often

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 252 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 27% Arsenal 1:2 Man Utd
  • 13% Arsenal 1:3 Man Utd