PL D FA Premier League

Arsenal 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 30 January 2021

SplitzMagic

It's almost like we need a new signing to replace Fernandes in top 5 games.

He just doesn't deliver at all in them but it's also as if we only play well when he's in form.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Expected a draw at best. They are a bogey team like Wolves that somehow we just can't seem to beat.

Hoof the ball

It was always going to catch up with us. Always. People weren't entirely wrong when they said that we was in a false position. We're not without merit, of course. We still had to fight for those points we won at the end of the day, but in spite of those wins the rhetoric still was "we're winning despite not playing well", but eventually you have to start playing well otherwise the plucky wins dry up. And when it's all said and done, looking at how few goals our forwards have scored this season it was self-evident that once Bruno stopped bailing us out we'd labour to pick up points we otherwise might.

Gwhizz

Our position in the league table flatters to deceive. Our general poor play ia starting to correlate with the actual results. Extremely poor game to watch. We lack urgency and a desire to press teams up the pitch. I'm starting to lose patience with both Rashford who's suppose to be a superstar and AWB who's rubbish attacking threat is not being glossed over by his defence anymore because its equally starting to go backwards

Reactions: Cheimoon

wolvored

We need some forwards that can score. Rashford and Martial look incapable. Only Cavani seems to sense the goal and was unlucky. The long slow slide away from the top continues.

RyRoc

Arsenal were without 3 of their best players.... teams that win the title win that game without too much fuss

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
We were utter garbage today. We aren't challenging for any title or cup until we can figure out what to do when in possession. I love Ole, but his loyalty to Martial is ruining our attack
Martial didn't even start?

NK86

Rashford's decision making ends up breaking up a lot of our final third play. Still so horribly inconsistent.

No Spring Chicken

Poor performance overall. No real plan or shape to the team, no intensity, lots of aimless counter attacks and occasional spells of toothless possession. Our attackers are now in a proper slump and our form has disappeared at just the wrong time.

Hard to really pick any players who stood out, though at least Pogba and Fred were busy, and the CBs didn’t look too stressed at any point. We got a clean sheet I guess. Yay.

Not quite sure where we go from here. If we’d won against Sheffield then you’d consider this an irritating result but not too damaging. But that home result meant this was a must win to keep the gap between us and the teams below us. Now we’re right in a top four fight.

I like Ole as a manager, he’s done a lot for us, but you can see his weakness in a game like today. If your individuals don’t come up with a magical moment then you need to be able to rely on hard learned routines to work the ball into good places. When our lads don’t play well, we just look like we’ve no idea what we’re doing or where we’re going.

At least Arsenal seem to be a tougher nut to crack than they were a few weeks ago. Hopefully they take a few points off our rivals too. (Yeah, I’m that desperate).

vanrooney

î dont get the "snorefest" remarks. first half in total control against an arsenal that is clearly on the up again. second half a quite open game with good chances on both sides. all in all we were the better side with more clearcut chances and should have won. sadly thre title charge is over for now but to be honest we were always the asolute outside bet. hope we go on a run now again and lets see where we can get

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
It's really the Sheffield game that makes this result a poor one. In isolation, it's not a bad result. The quality of football was awful, but I think most would take the result had we beaten Sheffield.

Toad

Shaw played a solid game as usual. Man of the match for me is AWB just because of that block albeit Maguire making one as well although it’s expected. De gea was good.

Scott should have taken that shit in the Arsenal dressing room to put them off at half time. Only way we would have scored.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Ole is a terrible manager. You don’t win titles with terrible managers.

We look absolutely clueless.

If Rashford and Bruno are not on form we are fecked.

ash_86

Thought we played well. Controlled majority of the ball and arsenal were sitting deep trying to counter. Had the best two chances of the game and any other day might have nicked it. They could've also if the one that hit the bar went in but draw was a fair result I guess.

Valencia Shin Crosses

When the entire front 4 isn't doing anything in front of goal it's just not going to go well. Bruno has to get himself together too because this role of just drifting around and attempting crap crosses isn't helping things either. Definitely don't think Rashford on the right is the play either. It's obvious at this point he has 0 confidence shooting with his left, and he's too selfish to expect to just sit out on the wing and whip crosses in. Martial on the other hand seems completely devoid of confidence on the ball, I can't remember the last time I watched him take a man on. It's diabolical because without that ability he just becomes a statue on the wing

r0663664

Worships Man City
I am really disappointed with Rashford. I think he has tunnel vision sometimes. When to pass and when to shoot. I have seen Diallo play for the U-23. I think he has better decision making than Rashford. I think Diallo be slotted to right wing ASAP. Quality is undeniable, Rashford is still Rashford. He can be world class but can be very average most of the time. Ole no hesitation let the boy play.

G-MUFC

Awful. If we want to start being serious contenders for Premier Leagues and European Cups we need to start winning some of these games.
If we get anywhere near the title come the end of the season it will be a sad reflection on the rest of the league. Our players looked scared to go forward today. City must be laughing at that performance.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Quite disappointed with this game, probably more than the Sheffield game.

We've been absolutely flat again and the lack of urgency in the last few minutes just made me feel that we had nothing.

Same old problems last the last few seasons. Disappointing
No way. This was poor and disappointing in light of that defeat when we expected a reaction, but standing alone no way is it worse :lol:

We are officially in poor form now. We miss chance after chance and can't seem to up our intensity when required to snatch results.

OneUnited24

Maybe I saw a different game than everyone else, but I don't think we were playing poorly.

Me either. I thought we played well and made some good chances. Arsnl were happy to get us on the break but offered little else.

outside a few small sections we had control over that game

tomaldinho1

Maybe I saw a different game than everyone else, but I don't think we were playing poorly.

Was that corner we got actually a point blank miss from Cavani? (where he kicked the post?)

AndyMUFC

Well that happened.

0-0 kings in these games this season. Just don't show enough urgency.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
î dont get the "snorefest" remarks. first half in total control against an arsenal that is clearly on the up again. second half a quite open game with good chances on both sides. all in all we were the better side with more clearcut chances and should have won. sadly thre title charge is over for now but to be honest we were always the asolute outside bet. hope we go on a run now again and lets see where we can get
Good comment.

Roboc7

Performance was as expected, the wheels are coming off a bit now and this is always when Ole looks lost. You can tell he’s just waiting for something to happen and might be like this for a while.

abailey123

the players look shot, and just like last season, they've been played into the ground
disagree that they’ve been played into the ground, potentially only Fernandes and Maguire have played every game.
Oles been making 5/6 changes every game.
Martial and Rashford are out of form massively.

Rustyspider13

Disappointing. You can't win when you miss easy chances, simple as that. Rashford and Cavani were wasteful today. Frustrating thing is apart from Rashford on the left, I don't know what we can do. Only thing I can think of trying is Mason as ST.

In possession, we couldn't get out of our own half when Arsenal started pressing. Southampton will be doing that from minute one, hope we will be better prepared.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
At least we set a new club record: 18 away games in the Premier League without defeat.

Zoo

I think we’re flailing. Definitely weren’t pressing as much as you’d expect. Shame we can’t have a mid-season break to reset.

Ludens the Red

Okay result. Expected more enthusiasm and conviction in our play after Sheff Utd. Silly really, this team simply aren’t capable of playing with any sort of conviction.
The problem with the way we play and our general style of football is it’s very unpleasant to watch unless you’re winning and if you’re not it becomes very painful to watch.

UmbroDays

No way. This was poor and disappointing in light of that defeat when we expected a reaction, but standing alone no way is it worse :lol:

We are officially in poor form now. We miss chance after chance and can't seem to up our intensity when required to snatch results.
True.

Just general disappointment for the game overall.

always_hoping

The Arsenal bogey continues. What 6 matches without a win against them now?

It was a fair result tonight and would have been a decent result if they hadn't lost midweek to Sheffield United. A better result than Uniteds last two visits to the Emirates Stadium which was two 2-0 defeats.

The positives to take out of that match. 1. Kept a clean sheet 2. Didn't lose and 3. Kept the unbeaten away run going and basically that unbeaten run is why United top 4 this season.

Last edited:

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 252 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 27% Arsenal 1:2 Man Utd