PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:1 Arsenal

Post-match discussion

Sun, 04 September 2022

diarm

Fouls awarded against United in the first half, none of which were deemed soft enough for Sky to mention once, in game or at half time or in post match analysis:

Foul awarded against Arsenal in the first half which was deemed so soft, that it dominated half time analysis and a further half an hour of moaning after the game:

NewUser777

I feel like I must have been watching a different incident when I hear people arguing that it wasn’t a foul….Odegaard clearly and visibly puts his HANDS on Eriksen and PUSHES him. Not a shoulder, no contact made with the ball…he just shoved him with his hands. That is a direct free kick. There is not even an arguement.

As for Odegaard waffling after the match that it was soft….you reap what you sow. Newcastle acted the bollox which resulted in Liverpool being given an extra 10 minutes to equalise. Jesus acts as though he has been smashed with a baseball bat when we are about to launch and attack off a high press…the ref called it back for a head injury that never was. It’s fuking swings and roundabouts….embarrassing as fuk. But that’s the way football is these days.
I think there was a soft foul. When he didn’t give it, it was not clear and obvious error. But it evens out, I agree. But think we got a bit of luck there.

A ruthless manager with a plan; are we coming back? We are so much better without the likes of Maguire, Shaw and Fred, and full credit to Ten Hag for seeing such imposters for the shite they are and dropping them. We looked like a team with a plan today, which is so encouraging. It's early days, but Erik has identified the losers and their weaknesses; we've been screaming for months about the need to drop the likes of Maguire. We have some room for hope again. It will take several transfer windows to remedy, but there is light at the end of the tunnel at last!

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football
Fouls awarded against United in the first half, none of which were deemed soft enough for Sky to mention once, in game or at half time or in post match analysis:

Foul awarded against Arsenal in the first half which was deemed so soft, that it dominated half time analysis and a further half an hour of moaning after the game:

100% this. I honestly don't get it though. Odegaard shoved him down and even appears to catch Eriksen's right leg and you still have Arsenal fans calling that foul a joke and pundits calling it soft. At this rate you'll have one of our players getting stabbed in a game and pundits questioning if the knife was actually sharp enough.

MF1138

I personally feel the premier league should award Arsenal the three points for playing well for 15 minutes when they were one nil down. :wenger:

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I agree it’s tough on Rashford not being MOTM. But it’s also a measure of seeing the game more strategically. Eriksen was vital, as was Bruno, in dicing the Arsenal defence like a fruit. Rashford was fantastic; in general play, in pressing, and of course in taking his opportunity to assist and to score. After all his troubles, this is great to see.

GL21

Anyone see Ronaldo clearly screaming FRRREEEEDDDDD at his almost through ball?

York

He made the second goal. His assist was outrageous
That's my point. I quoted someone who corrected someone else about Dalot's involvement in the third goal when it was actually Bruno who played Eriksen through.

RedorDead21

I agree it’s tough on Rashford not being MOTM. But it’s also a measure of seeing the game more strategically. Eriksen was vital, as was Bruno, in dicing the Arsenal defence like a fruit. Rashford was fantastic; in general play, in pressing, and of course in taking his opportunity to assist and to score. After all his troubles, this is great to see.
Rashford was pretty poor for large periods effort wise closing them down and not keeping possession of the ball when played up to him. He was getting a ton of abuse for this in the match day thread. He scored the goals that mattered in the end.

TheGame

A ruthless manager with a plan; are we coming back? We are so much better without the likes of Maguire, Shaw and Fred, and full credit to Ten Hag for seeing such imposters for the shite they are and dropping them. We looked like a team with a plan today, which is so encouraging. It's early days, but Erik has identified the losers and their weaknesses; we've been screaming for months about the need to drop the likes of Maguire. We have some room for hope again. It will take several transfer windows to remedy, but there is light at the end of the tunnel at last!
We’ve won 4 in a row but you want to come on here and call some of our players shite. Players who are members of the squad and will be playing games this season. What a sad person you must be. Bet you were one of the people wanting Rashford to be sold as well.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Did you all watch Arteta's post-match? Such a cnut. Basically said that they were better than us but just couldn't use their zillion chances, while we only had 3 chances (A BIG LIE) and we scored all of them.

We had fair amount of chances we missed (Bruno, Ronaldo etc.), and it was a fantastic game of two very strong teams where sometimes they dominated, sometimes we did. But we did beat them 3-1 so WTF. They were NOT better than us. They have been building that team longer and are more settled team, but we had more motivation and fire (largely thanks to Martinez, Malacia, Antony and EtH firing everybody up. Also Maguire, Shaw, and Ronaldo not starting seems to help) so we won.

It was a very cheap shot. Never liked Arteta as a footballer but now I like him even less. Pep's understudy is just nowhere as good as EtH if he wants to know what happened. And also, they had a run with easy teams, they are gonna get their asses whooped couple more times in the coming weeks.

cyberman

Is there a way of watching Sky Sport's post match analysis with Keane without actually having Sky Sports? I want to soak all of this up but I'm too poor to pay for Murdoch's services.
It’ll all be on YouTube now

redmanx

The way we are playing as a team does away with a need for a "man of the match" because every United player was exactly that. I havent seen United players so together and supportive of each other on the pitch in years; they are a TEAM again and if this continues we will only keep on improving.

Dan_F

I’ve not seen any of the post match stuff until now. But Odegaard crying about a soft foul, you have to laugh. Arsenal being the softest team in the Premier League over the last 15 years or so.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Did you all watch Arteta's post-match? Such a cnut. Basically said that they were better than us but just couldn't use their zillion chances, while we only had 3 chances (A BIG LIE) and we scored all of them.

We had fair amount of chances we missed (Bruno, Ronaldo etc.), and it was a fantastic game of two very strong teams where sometimes they dominated, sometimes we did. But we did beat them 3-1 so WTF. They were NOT better than us. They have been building that team longer and are more settled team, but we had more motivation and fire (largely thanks to Martinez, Malacia, Antony and EtH firing everybody up. Also Maguire, Shaw, and Ronaldo not starting seems to help) so we won.

It was a very cheap shot. Never liked Arteta as a footballer but now I like him even less. Pep's understudy is just nowhere as good as EtH if he wants to know what happened. And also, they had a run with easy teams, they are gonna get their asses whooped couple more times in the coming weeks.
Once a bitter, always a bitter.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Arsenal were the better side, we took our chances well - they did not.
They didn't have that many clear cut chances.

Three shots on target, De Gea didn't have that much to do.

crossy1686

career ending
Is there a way of watching Sky Sport's post match analysis with Keane without actually having Sky Sports? I want to soak all of this up but I'm too poor to pay for Murdoch's services.
Sky sports put it all on twitter and Instagram right after he’s said it. Just give them a follow on those platforms

Woodzy

Arsenal we’re fantastic for large periods but they lacked that fighting spirit that seems to be what we are building at the club atm.

captaincantona

Mental to say when he got 2 goals and an assist but I thought Rashford was poor in general. Went missing for large large parts and Bruno was running beyond him on a number of occasions when he seemingly didn’t feel the need to press. 7/10 for the output id say.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
That's how the match felt after the first ten or so minutes. Good signs to be able to come away with that win a sound win.
Understat even has it as 2.03 - 1.42 for United. Which kind of feels correct, all three of our goals came from golden chances

Tincanalley

Shitting on him for what? For the win? For the smart and timely substitutions?

Some people are never happy, are they?
I watched game on TV. Didn’t bother with match day thread. Great to see the real MU fans happy. Get in!

Tincanalley

…We are so much better without the likes of Maguire, Shaw and Fred … Erik has identified the losers and their weaknesses; … we've been screaming for months
I’ve identified a few losers myself. In the meantime delighted with the United squad, as Ten Hag seems to be.

There is no ‘we’

RedorDead21

Arsenal were the better side, we took our chances well - they did not.
Better side at what? They lost comfortably as the score line shows..the game is to score goals not exert as much energy as you can and still not score goals. Or to pass more than the opposition and not create the same amount of goal chances…it’s absurd. It’s wenger football. A solid back line and goals ala Mou at Chelsea…SAF here (largely playing counter attack) is the best way to win surely.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
They didn't have that many clear cut chances.

Three shots on target, De Gea didn't have that much to do.
Exactly!

United: 10 shots, Arsenal 16 shots
BUT
United: 6 shots on target, Arsenal: only 3.

Arteta is full of shit. They had half the chances we did. They dominated in some parts of the game, we dominated in others. It was a very dynamic game, but the score sheet is 3-1 and it was very well deserved by our boys. Arteta can go f... himself.

York

Exactly. “Shame Bruno” my ass. Man I am so bored with some of the negative trolls infesting this forum.
You missed the sarcasm as well. Bruno (my favorite player) was involved in all 3 goals. My point, again, is that people's preceptions are skewed because they can't follow the game. Someone asked if it was Dalot that played Eriksen through. Point being, they miss the value that Bruno provides because they don't know who's who.

Gasolin

10 shots vs 16 sure but 6 on target vs 3 and 3 goals vs 1, I think it's clear who dominated the real game.

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 528 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 33% Man Utd 2:1 Arsenal
  • 14% Man Utd 2:0 Arsenal