PL L FA Premier League

Arsenal 3:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 03 September 2023

acnumber9

So? We spent more time aimlessly passing in our own half, and our goal was against the run of play. Also, what do you mean plenty of chances? We didn't create enough.
What did Arsenal create before we threw everybody forward?

SirScholes

I thought we played well until our goal. The Evans/Maguire pairing is fecking insane. Onana needs time. The VAR call was harsh. He'll (EtH) be gone around the new year and the glazers will release a statement that wrongs all rights.
Make sure you hide all the cutlery mate

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Played ok. Stupid to take both CBs off.

NK86

So many people in match day thread predicting a loss then delighted to be proved right. Sitting at home hoping Arsenal would score no doubt so they could jump on and say told you so. Pathetic.

We were much better today than we have been. Still quite a way to go. Hojlund will give us much more up too. Excited to see it. Could see glimpses today.

Sat off way too much towards the end but it’s not as shocking a performance as some people are trying to make out.
What were we better at compared to last season at Emirates? We were cowardly then and we were cowardly today. Just sat back and tried to absorb the pressure. Where's that pressing we were promised? Where's the ability to keep the ball and dominate possession? There's no signs of it either and that's the worst part after spending close to 400 mil in 2 summers.

Laurencio

Honestly, we did OK, but Arsenal just have better players than us. A bit of a bummer that we didn't manage to hold onto the point though.

saivet

I think we were a lot better than all of our away performances against top sides and despite the offside goal, we struggled to create much today.

We were hardly robbed in terms of the result but there were some positives.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I thought we did the best we could to be honest. Played better once we had an actual striker, created our own chances and Ganarcho's goal should've stood. We ended the game with Maguire and Evans in centre back. At a serious football club like Man City or Real Madrid, that would've been unacceptable and is a reflection of how badly this club is being run.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I like how we conceded an equalizer 35 seconds after taking the lead and left Rice free at the far post on a corner. Great stuff.

Cantona in disguise

Well that was painful to lose like that. Didn't deserve to lose. A draw was a fair result. That offside looked too close to me but that's how it goes.

Rasmus looks like he will be a handful when he settles in.

killerboi2

Could of drew or won on another day. Doesn't change the larger problem at hand - Ten Hag's style of football is awful. Looks like we will struggle for goals again.

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Thought we played really well tbh considering. Antony was very good. Rashford same. Eriksen solid. Dalot outstanding at dealing with Saka. We were calm and didn’t lose our heads.

Centimetres away from winning the game with that Garnacho decision and then it swings the other way like a pendulum. Third goal is moot as it’s a classic chasing the game breakaway. Deserved at least a draw imo.

They are proper passion merchants though aren’t they. Absolute bedlam for a home win 4 games into the season. I know it’s a bit celebration policey but I do find it OTT.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Unless ETH knows something about Hojlund that everyone else doesn't, be prepared for a long season without a proper striker.
He actually challenged Gabriel more in his first minute being on the pitch then Martial had all game.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
The goals we are giving away are alarming. We couldn't stay ahead for a minute. Then, for Rice's goal, Arsenal had a three man overload at the far post.

We have been easy to get at this season, even when we have got results. We need to tighten up, badly. Far too disorganised.
This is why Arteta gets his team's to fake injury after they score to break up the play.

IamBurnsey

Two away matches two defeats, class stuff and it felt even better with Evans plus maguire at the back, that made things even better...............

Infra-red

I think that was deserved. They are quite a bit better than us and should finish comfortably ahead of us this season. 6 points from 4 games is the same return as this stage last season, but it feels as though our rivals have taken a step forward this summer and we're now in for a big battle to finish top 5.

oreon

Was Lindelof hurt ? If not then this loss is on ETH

abailey123

Thought we controlled the tempo in the first half and grew into the game in the second. Millimetres literally stopped us going 2-1 up with 2 minutes to go and then they go 2-1 up with a deflection. 3rd goal you can accept as we’re going for it. Signs are there that this team is starting to come together though. Amrabat in for Eriksen and Hojlund from the start and we’ll be ok

SATA

We’ll beat them at Old Trafford. I love international breaks now whereas I hate it when we were under Fergie

fps

I’m here for the meltdown. Don’t disappoint.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
What were we better at compared to last season at Emirates? We were cowardly then and we were cowardly today. Just sat back and tried to absorb the pressure. Where's that pressing we were promised? Where's the ability to keep the ball and dominate possession? There's no signs of it either and that's the worst part after spending close to 400 mil in 2 summers.
We scored a goal in the 86th minute, you plank.

MinGin

Are our players made by glass? two startup CB injured at the same match...........we lost three startup at the back 4..
Can we feck Glazer once again..cannot get rid of Maguire and do not pump any fecking Manutd money to strengthen the CB like Kim.....

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
The worst thing is, I think this was our best chance against a very poor Arsenal. We should've won and I think we did, except for that awful offside.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
If Nacho had scored we’d all be saying it was a great game, so don’t want to see too many naysayers.

That being said, I think there was a foul on Evans for the second goal & shouldn’t have been given.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I thought we were absolutely fine and were basically 20cm away from getting a win. If Garnacho starts his run a fraction of a second earlier we’d have got a win at a difficult ground.

Lindelof sub was a bit weird though as he was playing very well and our defense was already in dire state.

eire-red

Arsenal give me the vibes of some cringe college football team. Some cringe mascots and a shite team song would top it all off. They'll win nothing again this year. Neither will we probably looking at City.

We were a few inches from a brilliant away result and played decent considering all of the injuries we have.

Coops73

Thought we played really well tbh considering. Antony was very good. Rashford same. Eriksen solid. Dalot outstanding at dealing with Saka. We were calm and didn’t lose our heads.

Centimetres away from winning the game with that Garnacho decision and then it swings the other way like a pendulum. Third goal is moot as it’s a classic chasing the game breakaway. Deserved at least a draw imo.

They are proper passion merchants though aren’t they. Absolute bedlam for a home win 4 games into the season. I know it’s a bit celebration policey but I do find it a bit OTT.
You’d think the cnuts had won a final. They’re idiots.

Heinzesight

Reckon a draw was fair but once we brought Evans on to complete our Leicester level centre back partnership it just brought a total panic.

Thought Arsenal were lucky to get a corner anyway for the winne

Arteta is one massive prick.

Neville is a joke now. Try hard cnut. Once a red.

windycityfan

No midfield, no control of the ball. We spend all match chasing the possession and defending, dead legs in the end. Our forwards can’t do anything without anyone feeding them the ball. It’s the ever present issue and wasn’t addressed in the window.

Also, this team is held together by band aids, and a bench that offers no help where it’s needed the most- midfield. Get used to it.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Hearing that Gary Neville's voice throughout the game, compensate for the loss. He's nourishing my mind and soul.

NZT-One

Considering the injuries and what they meant to the line up, I think, we made a decent job. Overall, the result doesn't reflect the match, even though I think, Arsenals win seems fair. They did more for the match, even if it certainly wasn't fantastic. Should have been a jammy 1:0, 3:1 just looks wrong.

I was expecting a bit of Ole ball today, again, with the injuries I am not too bothered by it today. Almost worked out. Liked Hojlund, thats all I'll take away from it. Hopefully nothing serious with Martinez.

Player Ratings

5.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 293 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 14% Arsenal 3:1 Man Utd
  • 12% Arsenal 1:2 Man Utd