PL L FA Premier League

Arsenal 3:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 03 September 2023

Siorac

fecking frustrating to lose like this. We've been much better than I expected and 1-1 would have been a fair result. And Garnacho was what, 2.5 millimeters offside?

Then again, we finished the game with a Maguire-Evans CB pairing. It's a miracle we didn't concede ten.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
We are further away from them than last season. We simply can't buy players like Rice who take a team up a level in a moment.

Superunknown

Tbh, we're so used to losing games now that we're becoming desensitised to it.

That CB pairing that finished off the game is disgraceful. We're going nowhere with that.

rpitchfo

Don’t have too many complaints. Think we were competitive and certainly better than we have been. Especially in the second half.

Only gripe is we ended up with maguire and evans at the back and looked weaker for it…

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Could you have asked for anything worse than that going into the international break?

A cowardly performance and another last minute loss to those rancid cnuts with us now already 2 results behind our rivals.

Cloud7

Football eh? We went from potentially winning to losing 3-1 in the space of a few minutes

We did better than I expected in the second half.
Rasmus looks like he's gonna be a handful.

But ultimately this is yet another away loss to a fellow top 9 team. At some point the away form has to play on the minds of the players on the field.

Flying_Heckfish

We actually played much better than I had anticipated, but at the end of the day it's another away loss. We had to find a way to at least draw that and take the point. Conceding straight after we scored, then after the offside too. Leaves a sour taste. If this was a one-off I'd be more inclined to accept it, but it has become a pattern.

IRELANDUNITED

We were robbed. I hope the media have a field day like they do when the occasional decision does go our way

Tony247

Deserved actually. You can't play like this and expect to win. There is a fundamental flaw in the midfield who can't win battle against a quality midfield.

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Didn’t deserve to lose that. From thinking we had won it with Garnacho’s tidy finish to that final result was a real kick in the teeth. TV going off now. Can’t be bothered listening to all the post match guff.

Lentwood

It will come together I'm sure but it's bloody frustrating at the moment.

People will talk about systems and tactics. They will talk about this player or that player having a good or bad game - but the fact is you can't concede goals like the first two and expect to win away games in the Premier League.

We basically give goals away out of nothing, nothing moments through lack of concentration

Betson

Our abysmal record continues , we can moan about luck all day long but only one team really believed they could win that game and that was them.

We can't win or even draw away from home against a top half team , a sure sign of a small time mentality among the players.

CM

Robbery that. I was actually pretty happy with the overall performance, we were really unlucky on the Garnacho call. Rice should never be allowed that much space in the penalty area for the winner but it helps when Gabriel is holding Evans back.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
What the feck are you on about. We had a disallowed goal to win and had plenty of chances.
So? We spent more time aimlessly passing in our own half, and our goal was against the run of play. Also, what do you mean plenty of chances? We didn't create enough.

Hammondo

Unlucky tbh, I thought Arsenal did not play well, and I thought we were the better team second half.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The goals we are giving away are alarming. We couldn't stay ahead for a minute. Then, for Rice's goal, Arsenal had a three man overload at the far post.

We have been easy to get at this season, even when we have got results. We need to tighten up, badly. Far too disorganised.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Why the feck was Evans brought in? I assume Maguire came on because Martinez got injured but did Lindelof get injured too?

Second goal was Evans deflection, Onana is blameless.

EtH fecked up big time in this game sticking to his conservetive principles and not starting Hojlund. Martial is beyond useless. We were a different team as soon as Hojlund came on. We would have won this game with him starting

Absolutely heartbreaking. This cnuts at Arsenal are stealing second game in overtime from us. So infuriating

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Tight margins in football. Can't keep making excuses for losing big away games. Wasn't a bad performance, game plan was fine and injuries pretty much 100% at fault here, but still. Annoying.

Optimistic for the season ahead, just wish one of these damn years we would be prepared from game 1 and not from September. Ah well. At least I feel confident in my thought that we are pretty much Arsenal's level this season.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
As soon as that offside goal happened you could feel it was going to end with Arsenal winning... We never seem to be able to take hold of the narrative in these big away games

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Unless ETH knows something about Hojlund that everyone else doesn't, be prepared for a long season without a proper striker.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Utterly deflating.
Everyone knew we'd lose it, but to lose it like that? Bloody hell.

From thinking we'd snuck it, to losing to what looks a comfortable score line now.

Not even a word from the commentators that Evans was american football style blocked off for their winner. Like properly impeded, twice.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
feck this club man and feck the owners and the people higher up.

RuudTom83

Very very tight game.

Bloody football...you love it and you hate it!

Garnacho was very very unlucky.

RedChisel

Very unlucky. Think we played pretty well at times. The range of emotions going from thinking we've won it to losing 3-1 is hard to process.

Arsenal are massively overrated and will get nowhere near the title.

Player Ratings

5.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 293 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 14% Arsenal 3:1 Man Utd
  • 12% Arsenal 1:2 Man Utd