PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Aston Villa

Post-match discussion

Fri, 01 January 2021

Jeffthered

We are a team that is so reliant upon the individual... v fragile. It was a good game of football, I expected an even contest.
What we have is some cracking attacking/ creative talent. Pogba, Rashford, Cavani, Greenwood and Fernandes are better than the vast majority of Premiership attacking units. They give us the edge, as they are simply better than who we are frequently up against. Look at the earlier game, Everton and West Ham.. no real attacking edge at all. Villa are a good team, but again, Watkins? El Ghazi? They aren't going to cause many problems to anybody really, the odd goal here and there.

I still think we lack in terms of defensive/general midfielders. Bailly makes a huge difference when he plays well. He's v v fast, v strong, and naturally decent on the ball. Maguire surely must prefer playing alongside him.

Jack Grealish and Paul Pogba were the best footballers on the pitch. Easily.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Bailly and Pogba are joint MotM for me. Tough tough game

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Good game. Nice to feel like the league matters for something other than just avoiding complete failure.

Looking forward to City on Wednesday.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Great 3 pts, happy with a win but i am sorry, dont care what anyone says, performance wasnt that great nor it wasnt great when it comes to Ole.

Thats just not good enough from manager PoV. From start of 2nd half you could see it was coming miles away, he didnt react to it, Fred and McT were awful through whole game and whats worse they were bigger danger to their own team than some AV players.

Not first time when it comes to subs and Ole, he just doesnt react, no subs nothing, he just lets the game passes and then they score, which wasnt surprising, luckely we get a pen, score from that and suddenly he can sub McT right after that ( oO ), Fred should be hooked off right after that as well.
He literally made a sub which changed the flow of the game when be brought Matic on, you absolute weapon.

sport2793

Pheww a proper nail biter! Immense 3 pts, even though we didn't play all that well, but that's what big clubs do, win even when not playing well.

Fck that shiny cnut Grealish, if you look at him the wrong way, he goes down. Also double fck that abhorrent mega cnut Oliver!
I would be careful criticizing Grealish as I feel you may have to buy his jersey in the near future.

JustinC00

ok now rest Bruno, Rashford, Bailly, Maguire and AWB the next 2 matches (mickey mouse cup and FA Cup 3rd round)

paulscholes18

Big 3 points, was worried when Bailly went in first thought was he was going to get a red. Replays showed that a yellow was correct

FatherWolff

Thought we played very good in the first half. A bit more shaky in second. But a good game of football!

Stevondo8

To badly misquote pirates of the Caribbean, we best start believing in title challenges lads, we’re in one!

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Tough tough match although we should have been ahead by more come the last ten minutes.

They had a good 15 minute spell after half time, but we hit back after.

I would ring in the changes for City.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Baily pogba and martial were great. Maguire shaw and ddg also solid. Great win and the spirit in the team looks good. Let's keep winning then it'll be all to play for at anfield.GGMU

OLLY ORANGE

Fair play a decent game and hats off to villa for a decent effort from a strong side.
Rest up boys.

Blake's 7

Note to Ole - never put AWB up for a post match interview again.......EVER!

Robert

That was a thrilling game, took me back to the Macheda Villa game all those years ago, whilst obviously different stage of the season it felt like we was really grinding for those 3 points.

MonkeysMagic

Great win but watching Utd should come with a health warning! Edge of the seat stuff most games and I would be very confident of us lifting some silverware at the end of the season IF we could be more clinical in front of goal and defend better.

R'hllor

Insulting another member
What’s the point of crapping on the club after a truly great result? No, it wasn’t a perfect performance but the positives way outweighs the negatives, no?
Crapping on the club? Are you mental you lunatic? Just saying what actually happened on the pitch, if you cant take the reality scroll down.

thepolice123

Crucial win today. Very wasteful but we managed to see out the game. Thank feck for that Bailly block towards the end!

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Dont let Grealish get on the Villa bus
This. The guy is amazing.

Great win a great a really good side who played out of their skin. Villa are so impressive and this win should be really celebrated.

Seriously though. Get Grealish.

Nick7

We played a very good team, who have beaten most of our rivals.

We deserved to win a very good game, between two form teams.
Yeah, sure and they tore through us easily and could have scored a hat full of goals.

R'hllor

He literally made a sub which changed the flow of the game when be brought Matic on, you absolute weapon.
Yea after we got lucky penalty and scored from it, you clown. Them scoring, everybody could see miles away and he didnt nothing about it, Fred and McT kept giving it away, their passes were intrecepted, learn to read what was written.

Go check 2nd half replay before you flap your gums.

simplyared

Great 3 pts against a team with quality throughout. Grealish frightened me to death everytime he was on the ball. Fred makes me nervous. Not convincing but a win just the same.

Man of the Match

Eric Bailly image Eric Bailly 52% of 428 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 395 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Aston Villa win
  • Draw