CL L Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg

Barcelona 3:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Tue, 16 April 2019

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
We need a sugar daddy. So that we can get rid of players who are not good enough. Some of these players are an embarrassment to the culture of the club. It's like they've seen a football for the first time.

Trizy

I'm so thankful I turned the game off at half time to watch Juventus vs Ajax, cracking game!

Just to mention with the above, this is the first time I've turned an United game off since LVG's final season.

feck Ashley Young.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Imagine how PSG must feel knowing that they shat the bed against us.

L1nk

Quite frankly embarassing and a testament to where we are as a club right now that we are still playing these average players.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Two goals could have been prevented.

De Gea at the top level is suspect.

hobbers

Across the tie we were totally out classed on ability. And totally out matched in big-game mentality, focus and attitude.

When Phil Jones is your best performer against Barca, you know your squad is fecked. When Ashley Young is your leader on the pitch and your most experienced player, you know your squad is absolutely fecked.

Then you have Lingard who runs twice as much as everyone else but does nothing useful with or without the ball, Championship player stealing a living walking out at Camp Nou, what an absolute state the squad is in. Martial is the disappearing man. As for Rashford, well, it's in his name. Not a CL quarter finalist by a mile yet.

Pogba once again reminds everyone that he is a luxury player who hasn't got a hope in hell of ever being able to run the midfield in a big game such as these.

Morpheus 7

That looked how Arsenal usually get dumped out of the champions league, pathetic.
There is clearly a mentality issue but you have got to wonder about that backline tonight, that really isn't Champions league standard.
Shame how the season is panning out, really is.

Toddler

Something that we all should have been expecting. Frustrating. While we have players like Young and Lingard in our starting Xi we cannot hope to be the best. Next year then! Oh wait...

john moran

Ashley Young (c) is a stain on our football club.
When you start a match with jones , smalling young and lingard you are not competing in champions league you are competing for 6th place in the premier league at best. Thank you Mr Glazier Sir

quackattack

The Messi goals were unlucky, but whatever. We would have been better off playing with 10 and no Young from start. Pogba, pretty much invisible, and when involved caused frustration and was completely out of form. And the attackers was just sad to watch. I guess this proves how utterly outclassed United was and the complete lack of quality and dedication.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
‘That night in Barcelona’ but with opposite meaning.

Kapardin

Honestly, which of these players are even worth keeping that we worry would leave if we don't get CL? Pogba on his good days maybe but they can all leave as far as I'm concerned.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
3 - 1 a fairer reflection. We tried to have a go. Great atmosphere- great Barca team. We are nowhere near their level; tbf neither were we within an asses roar in the SAF era.

Don’t see much sign, board level down, that MUFC will be CL competitive anytime soon.

Pjisared

Has Ole been watching the same games as me. Lingard and Young shouldn’t be any were near the first team.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
This Manchester United team is utter dross and have put in yet another humiliating performance. The players deserved to be booed for performing like shit while being paid insane wages. They are not even worth half what they earn today.
Were the fans still singing that stupid song?

It’s getting boring. Just like the ‘Something Good,’ one for Jose. As soon it started we became shit:lol:

Andersons Dietician

Wasn’t really expecting anything. Actually thought it’d be a Barca 3-1 win but heck we look like we need a completely new midfield. Ship Lingard and Young somewhere, anywhere.
You also wouldn’t think that what 3 years ago we beat a very young Ajax team in a final and now that team without spending probably a quarter of what we have is a million times better than us.

siw2007

Footballing lesson really. We made a good start but Messi was unbelievable and they showed their extra class where we perhaps fluffed our lines.

I quite liked the fact that we tried to play at their place but the signs are clear that if we are to compete with them then we a lot of investment is needed.

The short term goal is clear anyway. We could benefit from not being in UCL while Arsenal and Chelsea play for EL. Or I hope anyway.

bdspeedy

Ajax give a lesson on poise. Too bad this team will be cannibalized. I'd say we could have used Daley Blind this year.

Irrational.

Fully deserved win for Barca. They were more clinical and deserved to go through.

Our defence is a shambles.

I never want to see Young in a red shirt again, but Ole seems to be obsessed with him sabotaging our team.

DDG can either sign a new contract or can feck off too. We need commitment and his performances are not good enough.

5 losses in 7 games for Ole. Not looking good for him at all.

Another false dawn.

Reddy Rederson

Player are shit, and ole picked the wrong players to start with. How lingard got a start based him doing feck all at the weekend is fecking mystifying. Martial, another invisible ballwatcher jogging around. Young, a captain of what? Being shit? Makes sense. DDG mistake I can forgive, shit like that happens to the best from time to time.

Ole got the job too soon. Clearly it was just a honeymoon period. If lingard gets 90 and 80 minutes back to back while doing feck all, its clear that once again these players have settled into not making any effort. They all need moved on.

John Johnson

Nothing really surprising in the two games at all. Went pretty much as everyone expected

Bole Top

if you ever wanted to know how does it feel when you support Fulham or Bolton, well, there you are. that's how it feels supporting and watching those clubs when they play City, United, Chelsea etc.

Bobski

We peaked after a minute. Honestly don't think Barca even played that well over the 2 legs but dispatched us with ease. 3 bad goals, poor quality when the chances were there. Didn't defend that badly, not as if De Gea was having to make save after save, 3 goals from outside the box, Young, Fred and Smalling not aggressive enough against Coutinho for their 3rd but so poor going forward.

Martial has to have a good look at himself and what he wants to be in this game. Float by on talent or fulfill that talent and raise the intensity of his game. Rashford as well.

Inception

How was lingard on the pitch for like 75mins?

I hate this favouritism by ole. If you're crap, you're crap.

.Phil1968

I know I had a dodgy jerky stream but honestly didn't realise lingard was playing till I saw him coming out for the second half. Got to take your chances in that sort of game and we had a few half chances in that first 10 minutes. Got to be more clinical and must keep the ball better. Very depressing game.

The Firestarter

What to say. We have a poor team which has shoot itself in the foot after what we disapeared. Maybe we can change the manager and see if that could work?
Why do you keep trolling mate, really baffles me.

fallengt

I'm so thankful I turned the game off at half time to watch Juventus vs Ajax, cracking game!

Just to mention with the above, this is the first time I've turned an United game off since LVG's final season.

feck Ashley Young.
Blind had a solid game as LB as well. Haha, imagine giving Young extension over Blind, that'd be incredibly stupid. Oh wait that was us.

Gordon S

I had no illusions we would win there but it is depressing to see Barcelona play testimonial style football and us still not being close to make it interesting even. Good thing about it is my expectations for next season is getting lower with every game.

Pennywise

Is there one player in the squad we'd care about in the squad if they were sold? Not for me

Gopher Brown

We buy players like Pogba for games like this. He just goes missing so easily, he’s stealing a place in the team on reputation.

He can do it against fecking Huddersfield and Brighton but not when it matters.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Same old shit from the same useless tossers. Lingard rashford and martial were shit. Pogba was anonymous, young is a fecking embarrassment, and de gea needs to get his mind off his millions and onto his football, based in recent performances he's already overpaid, feck giving him more.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
All you have to do is look at the squad and ask yourself which of the top teams in Europe would want any of them. The answer is very few.

Reddy Rederson

We need a sugar daddy. So that we can get rid of players who are not good enough. Some of these players are an embarrassment to the culture of the club. It's like they've seen a football for the first time.
We've already got money. We need to get rid of woodward so that we can start hiring based for footballing reasons and not marketing reasons.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Abysmal. Our true level was ruthlessly exposed. Hopefully this will lead to the squad being culled over the summer. Its shocking that, in the absence of one or two, we end up with a failed winger and a centre half in the full back positions. We're renewing Rojo and holding on to Darmian, letting these players nobody wants eat up the wage bill, while failing to replace key players.

We have spent so much money. Where the hell has it gone? There's nobody in this side that's remotely on the level of Rafael, Evra, Vidic or Ferdinand. About the only player you can say we have replaced from the 2012-13 squad is Cleverley. Cos there ain't no midfielders in this team better than Carrick. No wingers better than Nani. No forwards better than Van Persie. Its awful.

Whole club has hollowed out from within. We are today where Liverpool were in the mid 90s. Maybe worse because at least the Liverpool of Owen and Fowler competed for stuff. Tragicomedy. We're now Banter United FC.

Player Ratings

3.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 355.64285714286 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Barcelona win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% Barcelona 1:2 Man Utd
  • 15% Barcelona 3:0 Man Utd