CL L Champions League Group A

Bayern Munich 4:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 20 September 2023

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
They're better than us in every position, entertaining and infuriating game though

HotOne

At least it wasn't a bettering. Scoreline flatters us to a degree. Could have been a lot worse. Rashford the worst player on the pitch as per usual but he'll continue to start every game and never get subbed off.

King Eric 7

So much fecking disruption to our start this season. Can't wait to see a more settled team with players back. We played OK overall but the same problems persist.

Lyng

Our midfield is a huge worry. Must say having our captain be this careless and gift the ball away like that which resulted in their final goal is not good. I think he needs a rest.

eire-red

Hypothetically, if you didn't watch the game you may think we were unlucky and could have scraped something.

Watching the game makes you hate this team for being so pathetic. Impossible to sum up.

Jagga7

We played a lot better than I expected but we have midfielders who run like their in cement and a keeper who struggles to make saves.

Siorac

It's sort of humiliating how easily they turned it on again each time we scored and immediately put the game beyond us twice. They barely had to get out of second gear.

Oh well, this is where we're at now, nothing surprising. If anything, scoring three is a pleasant surprise.

Swedish_Plumber

I’m not sure if 4-3 flattered us or if it was about right. Don’t think we played at all up until the first goal. Should’ve had a penalty and conceded a non-penalty too.

The team can look dangerous whenever it can be arsed to actually play football. But that middle of the park is atrocious defensively.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Bruno is a liability.

We need Varane back badly.

Hopefull with Mount & Amrabat back Saturday we will go on a run.
Looking forward to seeing Amrabat. I honestly think he could make a huge difference in the way we play and stop us leaking goals.

Someone

Something
Glad we didn't crumble, but man we need to stop making stupid mistakes. But I'm confident we're going to tear them a new one at OT.

always_hoping

Played worse against Wolves and won without conceding a goal. Very debatable Penalty call basically secured the win for Bayern in a match they were gifted the other goals

Until such time this United team make themselves harder to score against they can forget about it.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
"If you score more than other team, you usually win"

The scoreline flatters us, Bayern probably would've scored more if they needed. Don't see Bayern winning the CL this year though but you don't need to be special to beat us. I'm getting worried about Onana

Postoves: didn't waste many chances and as far as I'm concerned Højlund has 2 in 2

Woodenlung

Very frustrating. I saw a lot of good in that performance, especially in the first half. We exploited Bayern's weaknesses down their right hand side and created opportunities which we couldn't convert.

A stonewall penalty denied, Bayern awarded a soft one, and a keeper clanger. Can't account for any of that.

slored1

We were truly shite in the second half. Need a midfielder or two desperately to come back, McTominay and Eriksen are done here. Rashford and Bruno were dreadful, not sure they have had a single good big away game under EtH for us yet.

R'hllor

Just enjoy the ride, where are in CL to hold a pocket of top dogs.

Womp

idiot
Every match seems to follow the same formula, we start very well, play some good stuff, we can't score, they score and we lose momentum, crawling to the finish line

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Hard watch. I don’t even know if the score flattered us or not

IRELANDUNITED

Wasn’t that bad at all. A ridiculous penalty and a goalkeeping error the difference. Don’t forget we were away to probably the best side in Europe and we half less than half a team. Things will only get better.

bstb3

De gea in goal and we win this.
Like we did in Sevilla?

Not the worst performance, and yet we ship 4. So slack defensively, we simply can't outscore this defensive weakness. Has to get tighter, hopefully Amrabat will help because it's really worrying the rate they are going in. Don't take it away from Bayern though, the Penalty, Gnabry goal and Tell finish were very good.

AnotherLondonManc

Onana doesn’t have a clanger and we don’t get given a dodgy pen and we win that game.

Something to build upon I guess, at least we're scoring.....
Not sure about that. Bayern definitely had the majority of the game. Obviously, it would've all played out differently if not for the Onana mistake, but on the balance of that game, we'd lose more than we'd win.

Not a trainwreck at least. Expected far worse than 4-3 away to Bayern

leontas

The only positives were Martial looked good when coming on and Garnacho was lively.

Onana should’ve saved the first goal.
Eriksen and Bruno both losing possession too easily in midfield and causing a goal each.
Rashford just looks off it.

The only light at the end of the tunnel is we have a lot of players to come back from injury. But our midfield is way too open and we seem to lose every 50/50 battle.

fergosaurus

Goes to show how shit we've been this season that I feel more optimistic after watching that.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
We scored three times away in Munich tonight and still lost. Says a lot.

As long as we continue to concede idiotic goals, this season is going to hell in a handbasket.

Cpt Negative

Don’t get carried away with a few goals.

Bayern toyed with us and got sloppy. Another huge game where we’ve basically not turned up l

talking robot

Sick of watching the likes of Rashford and McTominay trotting around ball watching instead of working to try to recover the ball. It's disgusting.

Player Ratings

4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 235 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Bayern Munich win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 18% Bayern Munich 3:0 Man Utd
  • 10% Bayern Munich 3:1 Man Utd