PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 4:1 Bournemouth

Post-match discussion

Sun, 30 December 2018

hobbers

Excellent in almost every way apart from Bailly.

Hope that's the last we see of him this season. Smalling, Jones and Lindelof will have to do until the summer.

Lj82

Mature performance by Pogba. I think today is probably the first time I see him controlling the tempo for the team. Pushing the team forward when needed, slowing the play to conserve energy after the red card. This despite him chasing a personal hat trick.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Pogba world class. Best midfield in the world right now. I dare anyone name one better midfielder than Pogba who also has numbers to back them.

Smores

It says everything that these results are making me look forward to how we fare against Spurs rather than putting the fear of god in me

RedDevil@84

Hope we can train hard on defending crosses and set pieces over the new year and before the Spurs game.
Pogba putting good performances match after match is bringing me tears of joy. Next 6 games (except Spurs) are all winnable. We should win them all.

redom

It's refreshing to see us getting these types of results against the teams you would've expected us to beat. I am a little concerned about coming up against a good team because sometimes our press is a bit haphazard and once they beat that they're usually through on our defence which is less than convincing at the moment. For now I'm just going to enjoy us actually taking risks and trusting that we have enough to deal with the team in front of us.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Ole has already confirmed again today he is temporary. I dont understand why people dont understand that. Ed has obviously been up front with him.
He also said that if offered the job he will come to a deal with Ed.

Let's face it, he gets the club, if things continue like this I think we have our manager for the next 20 years.

OT is buzzing again.

MetoTTT

Thank you to bring back the joy watching our team again!...really! Top 4 or not! C'mon lads!

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Excellent first half and managed second half.
Two blips, the goal conceded just before half time and Bailly's needless sending off.

The 3 goals in the first half were all top quality.
Pogba another excellent match and Rashford very good.

The positivity is so refreshing. Feels like the previous incumbent stole the first part of this season by having no clue how to utilise our players.

Siorac

Feels good to be enjoying football again
Yes, this is the best thing right now. The absolute best we can hope for in the league is 4th - but at least let's enjoy ourselves.

simplyared

How we managed that without conceding more than 1 goal is a miracle. We need two CB's and a RB. Shaw is decent but nothing more. Rest of the team = top drawer!

Last edited:

skeelz

Safe to say we're back again. I've kept watching our last few matches over and over again. On a good day, think we can beat any team except City, Liverpool and Spurs. They are going to exploit our defence.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
Pogba was immense, Rashford certainly isn’t gash. Matic looks like a new player, the movement of the front 4 is incredible. Bailly is too erratic, I have faith that Lindelof is going to be very good.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Nice routine dominant win. Never felt like we needed to get into another gear and were in control. Thought it was a good performance from everyone, but Bailly's red was so pointless and idiotic. Annoying. Also we suck at defending set pieces.

Nice to see Lukaku come on and get a goal himself, thatll do him a world of good. He'll have a big part to play I'm sure. He wont be an automatic starter like he was under Mourinho, but we'll see a good amount of rotation between the 5/6 attackers we have.

Siorac

It says everything that these results are making me look forward to how we fare against Spurs rather than putting the fear of god in me
They just lost to Wolves at home, we shouldn't be scared of them.

wrinklydong

After getting rid of Jose, you can't bring anyone else in except SAF to have this kind of impact. This looks different than the false dawns we had. Solskjaer's legit. OGS in!

Cockney Phil

The attack is spot on. Rashford was leading from the outset.

The midfield ran out of energy especially after Ander came off.

The defence is a dog’s dinner. Bailly is an idiot but they all ball watch in the box. We need a defender who can work with Matic and Ander.

Irwin99

Pogba was godlike. Rashford, Matic, Herrera, all excellent too. Nice to see Rom scoring again.

Defence still scares me a bit for when we come against top teams but it's just so nice to see attacking football again. Everyone seems so much happier.

MonkeysMagic

We severely lack a commanding centre half, both Lindelof and Smalling are decent options alongside a really strong defender. The others (Jones, Rojo and Bailly) can make way for 1 decent defender and we should promote from within to make the numbers.

Going forward...irresistible!

MrBest

Pogba was rubbish, couldn't even score 3 goals. United were rubbish, only got 1 goal in second half. :wenger:

pablo__p

Be funny if it's Eddie Howe who takes over.

Another very positive display, Pogba has been absolutely immense since Mou is gone, Matic and Herrera improved a lot too.

If Ole can get Alexis to play like his old-self at Arsenal it's gonna be hell of a front four.

On a slightly less positive note, defense hasn't been oozing confidence really. Bournemouth didn't really put too much effort today yet still Lidelof and Bailly seemed a bit lost sometimes. Bailly has been known to be a walking red card so we didn't learn anything new today except that he shouldn't be anywhere near starting XI/big games.

How we seemed to have turned the corner is absolutely amazing to me. Heck, even DDG's kicking improved.

Cheers, Ole!

Man of the Match

Paul Pogba image Paul Pogba 88% of 791 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 549 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Bournemouth win