PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 4:1 Bournemouth

Post-match discussion

Sun, 30 December 2018

Shiva87

Great match to watch,

making top 4 and doing PSG over two legs is a huge ask but there's a bit of hope now...
A lot of optimism for sure. Hope or not we'll get to know closer to that match. As of now, l'm wishing the board gets another decision right and gets Ole a top CB in January to give us a real chance against PSG. Neymar + Mbappe against this CB pairing could be a bit nerve wracking

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We look like we're about 2 or 3 players short of being a top side. Under Jose we often looked like we're needed a whole new team.
Exactly. This is why everyone writing this player and that player off, needed to understand football and stop it.
No-one improved under Jose, and this season everyone went downhill. Even De Gea was starting to make errors.
There's still a hope Sanchez might show his old form, but if not we can move on with the rest.

Canagel

We look like we're about 2 or 3 players short of being a top side. Under Jose we often looked like we're needed a whole new team.
The most encouraging thing of all. Someone said we might be like Liverpool pre VVD which I agree with. One more goal threat in attack and a commanding CB we could be going places.

ChaddyP

I always wondered why Pogba never played those Scholes'esque type of long balls to the RB, but aparently this has been the first time I've seen him do that in a while and I wonder if he has been coached by the present staff to do that
They were never high enough up to do it I recon

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I love the one touch and forward passing. This is truly different then under Mou. Ole even has Matic using one-touch at times.

Many of you were saying you want Pogba gone. Do you still feel this way?
Like every fan forum, we have our fair share of idiots.quite happy to bask in the reflected glory of our success but turn on players at the drop of a hat

ManchesterYoda

I've gone from being a ranting and raving lunatic watching us play to being a giddy lunatic watching us play. Lots of smiling, clapping and oohing and aahing :drool:
Pogba MotM, Rashford and Matic on the podium

Oluwaplumpie

Ole has already confirmed again today he is temporary. I dont understand why people dont understand that. Ed has obviously been up front with him.
I think he's trying not to get ahead of himself. He'll get this job if we continue with this improvement. Fingers crossed he manages a bug game well.

Minimalist

Another really enjoyable game. Can't fault Ole at all so far.

Pogba looks brilliant and so does Rashford, Herrera and Martial.

The experiment of Eric Bailly is over I think. 3rd season and he's too unreliable in multiple aspects (too rash, can't head a ball...) - best to get rid now.

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
To be honest, I think it's time Solskjaer went. Declining goal return since first match coupled with positive post-match interviews.

Ole out.
I forgot what enjoying football was like until the last 2 weeks

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
We did need a whole new team for Jose's style of play. It was so obvious that this team's strengths and Jose didn't match. The numerous comebacks this season show it. You start with Jose's style, concede goals and then play some catch up football. He should have been able to make these players go the other way. But I think Jose has become too stuck in his own 'philosophy' of play that he didnt see the strengths of his own squad.
Exactly. For a guy known to be a pragmatist, Jose didn't seem to have a clue about the talent in his own squad. Just berated them for what they weren't rather than acknowledging what they are. They're an extremely talented group of players.

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
Good game, this is my United.

I now look forward to games, and a bit sad when it ends. I even watch highlights after a game. :D.

wolvored

We need a RB and CD in January. Lindelof is improving and a vidic type of defender is what we need. Young was awful again at RB. The game was made on the front foot and we are scoring goals easily now, but the defence needs improving from Tuesday. Spurs might have a field day down our right side. We will have to score 3-4 I think to beat them, unless we improve the defence. Overall I am enjoying watching us play again now. Pogba MOTM again is playing like a WC player. Rashford was decent as well. Martial (the pass aside) and especially Lingard just didnt click today and maybe we could swap Lingard with Lukaku on the right.

crossy1686

career ending
Love the fact I can finally watch match of the day again. Even if all they do is give us shit for being so shit before, they'll come around eventually.

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
Enjoying football again and can't wait for a full pre season to get the players used to this new intensity. We do look tired in the last 10/15 minutes.

el3mel

Can't stop watching Rashford's dribble in the first goal. What a ridiculous run. :drool:

Sentient Meat

Who knew it would be as easy as playing a Zerg strategy with a Zerg team instead of trying to play like Terran with a Zerg team? #ThingsILearnedFromPlayingStarcraft

Anders Agnalt

I agree with Ole, Bailly knows what he did. He was too hot headed and it won't happen again. He needs to play matches in order to get fit!

The match today was old school United! I enjoyed every second of the game. I do feel we can take on Tottenham any day now :)

Top 4 and beating PSG, Ole's my favorite for the permanent manager job!!

stu_1992

Another great result, but importantly a great game. Not a bad performance out there today. Its great seeing early goals again and being able to kill games off early. Pogba was fantastic today it must be said. Rashford was not far behind either. Shame Martial couldn't get on the score sheet, but it was good to see Lukaku make an impact when he came on too. Though it remains to be seen how he fits into the style of play we currently have. Next target is to get that fecking clean sheet, though I'd settle for 1 conceded if we score 4!:p

Shiva87

For me, the touch he did to get rid of Aké is more brilliant than the other because it was so instinctive and in a split second
The whole thing was brilliant. Can't decide which one is better. The touch to take the ball down, the instinctive flick to take it past Ake (when it was live, I thought he got a lucky deflection!), and then the skill to beat the second defender. Thankfully he put a brilliant cross and Pogba was there to finish it. Would have been a waste if that had gone to nothing!

Definitely will stay in my long time memory of Rashford!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The whole thing was brilliant. Can't decide which one is better. The touch to take the ball down, the instinctive flick to take it past Ake (when it was live, I thought he got a lucky deflection!), and then the skill to beat the second defender. Thankfully he put a brilliant cross and Pogba was there to finish it. Would have been a waste if that had gone to nothing!

Definitely will stay in my long time memory of Rashford!
Same impression for me when I watched it live but the replay clearly showed he did purposely. That was sick

Shiva87

Same impression for me when I watched it live but the replay clearly showed he did purposely. That was sick
Shows what confidence can do! Under Jose, Rashford messes up the first touch and the ball ends up running out of play!

Long may the new Rashford continue...

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
We've no longer scored the least amount of goals in the top 6, and we've won 3 in a row for the first time this season. Pretty massive steps forward in just a week.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Shows what confidence can do! Under Jose, Rashford messes up the first touch and the ball ends up running out of play!

Long may the new Rashford continue...
I don't think Rashford has run the ball out of play once in the past 3 games :D It was a recurrent thing with him before

Ban

I think we're pass a new manager effect and can clearly see a shape of a team under Ole, lots of good things in just 3 games, 12 goals scored, offensively it looks great.
Defense needs sorting and a new wc CB with Lindelof would do wonders imo.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ole has already confirmed again today he is temporary. I dont understand why people dont understand that. Ed has obviously been up front with him.
Let's see how it pans out if we keep producing the goods over months..

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Bournemouth kind of gave up after first half but whatever.
Real test is just 2 games away, hope we build enough confidence till then.
That's what used to happen regularly against us, before they all started fancying their chances.

Man of the Match

Paul Pogba image Paul Pogba 88% of 791 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 549 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Bournemouth win
  • Draw