PL L FA Premier League

Bournemouth 1:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 02 November 2019

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
About 3-4 of the squad are worth keeping at most. ( Outside of the kids).

The squad is full of midtable players.

nickyboy1981

Awful result, I knew that would be a tough game but still massively disappointed. Bournemouth are a good side but we deserved a draw despite a poor performance, unlucky with Greenwood hitting the post, not the best end to a good week but still more positive than I was a few weeks ago.

Lemansky

The most disappointing performance for me this year. One thing is 100% certain. Ole needs to ship the mediocre players out of the club or he will loose his job. Pereira, Mata, Lingard, Young etc is constantly playing horrible football. You can’t trust players like these ones and expect to be successful. Don’t get me started on our set pieces. My daughters team, that is 6 year old girls has more quality on corners. So frustrating. But will have to accept that we support a mid table team atm.

steffyr2

Why are we in the 90th minute with McTominay pushing forward, and nobody is supporting? We need a goal, the players should be steaming forward yet they’re milling around the halfway line. This is not Ole’s fault!! My god are the players idiots? How good of a manger do we need to make players understand to attack when we’re losing with 5 minutes to go? Are they idiots?!?
That's Ole's fault. Who else?

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
--------------?---------------

----------------?-------------

?--------?------Pogba-------?

?--------?--------?----------AWB

-------------DDG----------------

8 positions that I genuinely believe are in need of a first XI player. How much have we spent since we last won the league again?
Martial, Maguire, Shaw, Rashford, James are decent bench options I guess.

Toni's Left Foot

Brandon Williams did more in 10 minutes than Young did in 80 minutes.

Pereira is just a nothing player.

Ole needs to get ruthless and fast.

SweetRightFoot

Not given a stonewall pen.

Don't blame AWB for the goal, was great skill and too easy to give a pen away there.

Young at LB and the chance comes from his side.

4-2-3-1 looking toothless yet again!

but

Loved Williams little cameo, very aggressive lad and I like that a lot

and we had a fair few shots, just weren't in the right places.

Back to 5-2-3 with very high wingbacks stretching the opposition and creating space for our fast and dangerous forwards please.

PaulScholes99

Fred and James were good, Martial and Rashford were poor overall but had some good moments. Wan-Bissaka with his worst game for us so far, offered nothing going forward and was at fault for the goal.

Don't think that team is too bad. Biggest problem by far is our creativity. Pereira was shocking. Lingard didn't change anything. We miss Pogba on the 10 badly but it isn't even certain if he'll play there when fit. I like Maguire, but 80 million for a creative player and keeping Smalling would have been better.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I just knew once we went behind that that was it. If it were City or Liverpool you could bet on them coming back to win.

Valuedrug

Played okay in the beginning, seemed to carry on the positivity from the last couple of games.

Then things don’t go their way, and it’s back to the despairing and despondent team we know so well. Such fragility.

We need a witch doctor of a manager to get anywhere real with this squad.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Started quite brightly for about 25 minutes then ran out of ideas. Pereira was poor. James lively to start with.
Defending for the goal was terrible. Lindelof seems so weak and unaware of what's going on around him.

McTominay was good to start with and then just faded. Rashford was hardly in the game.
Never really looked liked scoring in the last hour.

nameischarles

As soon as they got their goal, I knew that we would never get back into the game. Slow ball movement and even if we have the ball we just don’t know what to do with it.

Not disappointed really it’s becoming too normal now.

Njord

This is what happens when our setup is highly dependent on the no. 10, and we have the worst no. 10 options in the league.

Walters_19_MuFc

Started the first 15 minutes well. Got into good areas but couldn't find a goal.

After that, it became quite scrappy. Neither team looked like scoring.

The goal on the stroke of half time killed us.

The fact that both teams dont score enough meant that the team who scored the first would most likely go onto win the game.

Pushed them back late on, with our best chance coming from Greenwood, but again, another game where we've not created enough.

Edy2

Can't see how ole is let continue here really. Sad though that may be. The season is fast going down the toilet.

Dansk

How the hell did this club end up in a situation where it can't present a single good outfield player because the one good outfield player in the squad is injured and can't wait to leave? How did it get to this point? It's a fecking mystery to me. Are they rolling dice to determine who to sign?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
--------------?---------------

----------------?-------------

?--------?------Pogba-------?

?--------?--------?----------AWB

-------------DDG----------------

8 positions that I genuinely believe are in need of a first XI player. How much have we spent since we last won the league again?
Martial, Maguire, Shaw, Rashford, James are decent bench options I guess.
pogba isn't the answer either... the tosser doesn't want to be at the club so he can feck off too

HowieC

We seem to only be able to play counter attacking football. Our players are technically poor and unable to pass and move into dangerous positions. I can't remember an instance in recent memory where we have passed around a low block and scored a goal.

Rashford is effective when there is lots of space, but in tighter situations his not-great touch results in the ball bouncing off him when attempting intricate passing moves.

If martial possessed more aerial threat we would be better able to utilise crosses too.

James is just a good player.

MrBest

Just abour beat partizan, beat a really really bad Norwich and beat a reseve chelsea squad with two set pieces. Today we were awful, I am not surprised.

Barnslig

Go Ole and go now. Horrendous
Honestly getting on my tits this, who would you rather have right now that would make these players play amazing? Poch? No manager in world football is gonna come in revolutionize this team into playing great football. The players are trash, no effort, no urgency, no will.

Esquire

Everyone is slating McT and Fred, Young etc. But for me, Martial is not the answer. He is just not the type who can play the defensive pressing game and chase for everything. Callum Wilson out played Martial today. Hands down.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
and the point is Bournemouth didn't even play well or raise their game

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Started off well, lost momentum, game turned into a grind, then when we fell behind we didnt get anything going. Improved when Pereira came off, but the golden chance was Greenwoods and he hit the post.

Unfortunately, if Pogba is out, we lack the creativity and we arent more than a mid table team. We have a good defence but lapses in concentration happen. Our front 3 is good when all fit and on it, but the midfield just doesnt have the creativity, and our fullbacks don't have the creativity to make up for that like Robertson and TAA do for Liverpool. Need Pogba back and to stay fit, but in general our best chance to get CL football will be through the Europa league as we wont be consistent enough in the league.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
It makes you realise how bad Ole is when a draw, win, win was being praised as genius, and then you hear the club hasn’t won back to back league games since March.

AndyMUFC

Bloody frustrating again. Another huff and puff game. Just don't have the quality to break teams down.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I can pretty much quote ole before we hear him.. and predict some players' social media shite

Judas

Open to offers
Everyone is slating McT and Fred, Young etc. But for me, Martial is not the answer. He is just not the type who can play the defensive pressing game and chase for everything. Callum Wilson out played Martial today. Hands down.
Yep, it was a bit of a typical Martial display. His goals really gloss over the fact he's not involved nearly enough and is often nothing more than a passenger.

Player Ratings

4.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 353 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Bournemouth win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 27% Bournemouth 1:2 Man Utd
  • 24% Bournemouth 0:2 Man Utd