PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:3 Bournemouth

Post-match discussion

Sat, 09 December 2023

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I dont blame ETH whatsover.

I have said since Jose was sacked, we wont win a fecking thing with a core squad of:

Dalot
Shaw
Mctominay
Rashford
Martial
Bruno - Can throw in there now aswell.

All crap players, individual errors.

We actually played good controlled football for long periods but stupid mistakes, lazy passes and bad final balls again cost us.

It will always be the above players getting managers sacked here. Until that core group are moved on Manchester United wont win shit.
It is incredibly insane for me to see people so blind that they can't see the exact same tactical patterns being taken advantage of on a weekly basis.

To say you don't blame ten hag.... Man, we lost 3-0 to Bournemouth at Old Trafford. And it wasn't a lack of effort. They weren't walking around out there. It was just, yet again, ridiculous tactics that don't work. Every competent team takes advantage of then. We make it so hard for ourselves to build up. We have garbage patterns in attack, and defensively we are beyond shocking. And that is entirely down to suicidal tactics, week in, week out, leaving players in impossible situations.

Stop ignoring issues that are repeated every single week. It is the managers job to set the instructions, implement systems, and pick the team, make changes when needed. He has straight up failed, miserably.

Superunknown

It's an unjustifiable result and there are no silver linings. Just all-round unacceptable. Enough is enough.

Dex_Utd

There is no excuse starting with Martial. In PL, once you are a goal down it can easily go downhill against any team as we have seen multiple times. How Martial is still here, let alone starting important games, is a wonder in itself.

IrishMcD

These players need chasing out of the club. Ignore the manager, hes going anyway. But these cowardly rats of players need to go. We can not and should not tolerate players without passion and/or skill set needed like McT, Dalot, Sancho, Martial, Rashford, Lindelof, Onana, etc

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
I think I'm finally accepting that we are pants at football. Every glimmer of hope is now a false dawn and is followed by an abject performance. While not to blame entirely, EtH will take the hit for this and I suspect he will get his P45 for Christmas. Going to the Bayern game on Tuesday and although they got humped today, I can't summon up any hope of a win, never mind a miracle and get through to the next round.

Wazzaduke33

Forget “we are only 3 points behind City” blah blah blah. This is the worst we’ve been since SAF left. ETH has to go, tonight . . .

RedIan

Bournemouth played us superbly. Gave us no space, pressed hard and hit our soft centre on the break With clinical finishing
we never looked like scoring.
and just like that we are back in crisis..

Yanited__

I have maintained it's gonna be an up/down season, so I was kind of prepared for a bad season. I did not expect this however, so I am speechless but laughing.

Ok we lose the game, but to lose like that? 3-0. At home? Not a single goal to score?

Bournemouth just sat back and we couldn't break them down. About 12-14 teams, home and away, play like that against us. So you would think United would be preparing for it with patterns of play against low blocks. Nope. I haven't seen anything!

joedirt87

I dont blame ETH whatsover.

I have said since Jose was sacked, we wont win a fecking thing with a core squad of:

Dalot
Shaw
Mctominay
Rashford
Martial
Bruno - Can throw in there now aswell.

All crap players, individual errors.

We actually played good controlled football for long periods but stupid mistakes, lazy passes and bad final balls again cost us.

It will always be the above players getting managers sacked here. Until that core group are moved on Manchester United wont win shit.
you don’t blame him at all? You know he can drop these players, it’s not like he’s being forced to play them. does he have the most most amazing options at his disposal no, but when these players continue to fail him it’s his fault when he keeps picking them. Two games ago Martial gave one of the worst displays we’ve seen from him in a United shirt, gets another start.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I wonder if it ever feels weird that an amazing result for your club and one of the best in years is seen as pretty much “haha you lost to a shit club” and mocked as a result by everyone else.

Zed 101

Commentators going on like there was some seed change, but it was exactly the same against Chelsea, plenty of effort and bluster but absolutely zero gilt edged chances, we created nothing and kept trying the same things time and time again, fair play to Bournemouth the defended well and hit us like mugs, hard to say anyone played poorly, but it was just inept... and that for me comes from the manager.... there has to be some switch around, tweak or tactic to try when like today we were just running into a wall, yet we just get the same old, same old, regardless of opposition or situation, play it to Garnacho or Antony, then fanny about a bit pass it back into midfield across to the other wing or back to Onana and then repeat

Not that it would make any difference but Rashford was grabbed and hauled to the ground inside the penalty area, I just don't understand the rules anymore, seems half the time it is find to wrestle a player onto the ground and at other times you cannot give them the lightest touch

redshaw

Well deserved win by Bournemouth, precise and strong, made us look like an under 21 side out there.

redom

First 20-30 minutes and it looked like there was some residual confidence and belief from the Chelsea game but unfortunately this team is very fragile in that regard so when we didn't capitalise and instead shot ourselves in the foot by giving away a sloppy goal the gradual erosion began. The tempo slowed after that and it allowed Bournemouth to sit off and easily defend our feeble attacks and then pick us off on the counter.

After half time we should have come out and put them under pressure from the off but instead the tempo stayed low and the game just drifted until they grab their second and then it was game over, we never looked like scoring and they're obviously riding a high so it was all but certain from that point. The only way we win this game is if we make the most of the early game momentum and actually create something but we really were very very bad in the final third today, nothing we did was correct in terms of decision making or execution where as they looked dangerous just about every time they got in and around our box, the difference was stark.

Red00012

He should be sacked for not putting Varane LCB if fecking Virgil van Dick can play there so can Varane .

siw2007

Disastrous result and terrible performance. Bournemouth thoroughly deserved to win 3-0 and it could have been more. Our play was insipid, slow and lacked any kind of invention, even to the point that we didn’t even look like scoring and that is criminal as we are at home and against a team we need to beat.

Xaviboy

We are dogshit. End of. Chelsea game was paper over cracks, same with other games we have played when we won.

We play a well coached team we are getting beaten every game.

Nail on the head for ten Hag if we get beaten by cricket score vs Liverpool.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Had enough now.

I genuinely would sack him tomorrow and put Keane in charge until June - he won't win feck all but hopefully he would identify the 80% of the playing staff that need to be jettisoned.

How could this idea be worse? Get rid and build again. We might lose a few hundred million doing it but it's not like we don't do that every year.

Keane is the surgeon we need.

ManUtd1999

Another day in the history of Eric Tan Hag’s Manchester United.

16 games in the EPL season; our goal difference is -3!

Jack-C20

Never thought I’d leave a game early but felt there was absolutely zero reason to stay. Can’t be bothered to talk about all the negatives but props to Maguire for getting the crowd going a few times. Everyone else can feck off.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
I blame only myself for getting new hopes after Wednesday's game. We belong to the middle of the table, dead on 10th place is just ok for our absolute absence of consistency, and every team just know that they can come to old trafford and shit all over us an walk away laughing with 3 points

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
How are Garnacho and Hojlund rated higher than Antony in the match day ratings? :lol:

Onana is shit at keeping. He was very good with the ball at his feet but his job is to keep the fecking ball out of the net. The only thing he's actually good at on that front is one on ones, shot stopping is poor and aerially he's mediocre.

Martial poor, Shaw poor, Garnacho poor, McTominay and Bruno pretty poor, Reguilon pretty poor. Largely pleased with Antony and Maguire and one or two players played ok but the vast majority of that team was really poor.

Canuckred64

Absolutely disgusting. One of the worst performances I have seen in 60 years. We looked slow and tired, and showed no desire or commitment to win today.

Ekeke

Plenty of the ball, couldnt break down Bournemouth and link our midfield to attack in dangerous positions and test the keeper. Too many shots blocked. McTom had 7 shots with 1 on target and nobody managed more than 1 on target. Poor

Defensively Shaw normally does well at CB but today was one of his worst games in the position. Maguire one of our only good players but then he made a mistake for the 3rd goal spoiling his performance. Reguilon good attitude and workrate down the left but poor final balls and crosses.

quadrant

Undermined again by a total lack of potency up front. For the first hour we had some good spells and if we score during that time the game unfolds differently. But we didn't ever look like doing so and it meant the game was over when they got the second, and both teams knew it. Feeble ending but we knew our fate by that point.

From Opta, we had 70% possession from which we generated xG of 1.2, which we turned into xGOT of 0.2 and got 0 goals. Says it all. Toothless.

I don't know where we go from here. Martial can do one as far as I'm concerned, but it's not like Rashford or Hojland are prolific. We just have to move on.

Ollie Derbyshire

That was very depressing it’s a good job I enjoy the NFL a lot more now a days.

Dalot, Shaw, McTominay, Bruno, Antony, Martial - all less than 3/10
Onana, Amrabat, Reguilon - 4/10
Garnacho, Maguire - 5/10

ETH - 1/10 for the team selection, not changing things quick enough and lack of any playing style

Special mentions for;
Bruno - a shocking captains performance constantly giving the ball away and talking himself into the book to miss the Liverpool game
Shaw - looked confused all game and totally out of place as a CB
Antony - all huff and no puff, just too slow and weak
Dalot - the usual brain dead footballer
Martial - Useless

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I thought the first half was actually one of our better performances of the season despite losing 1-0, which is more an indication of how bad we've been most of this season than anything else. Then we came out in the second half and were utterly shit.

OrcaFat

The players are shit. Most of them. We shouldn’t be surprised though.

Spurs were more than happy to let us have Reguilon - sometimes he looks okay but really he is a player who isn’t good enough for the Spurs squad.

I don’t know why I picked him out. They are all shit.

Player Ratings

3.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 214 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Bournemouth win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% Man Utd 2:0 Bournemouth
  • 19% Man Utd 2:1 Bournemouth