PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:0 Brentford

Post-match discussion

Mon, 02 May 2022

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Maguire,Shaw,Rashford,Lingard,Sancho and Pogba are holding us back. Get rid of the lot of them. Martial as well.

So much better without them and their lack of effort.
This. Although i'd take out sancho from that.

RoyH1

Best game I’ve seen them play in ages. Matic and Mata showing the way forward for the team. Alas when they’re already on the way out.

siw2007

Fun performance and well deserved win. Ronaldo was superb, as was Mata and Matic, Bruno played a good game too.
Shout out to Matic who has been a top professional at the club, will be welcome back at Old Trafford. Also to Mata who rolled back the clock today, he showed great intelligence, vision, technique and graft, I know he couldn’t play like that all season but we’ve been missing something like that all year.

copen1945

The "Glazers out" has already blew over. The Americans must be loving it. Another signing, Rice possibly, will finish the movement off. The Glazers have won.

Pickle85

The "Glazers out" has already blew over. The Americans must be loving it. Another signing, Rice possibly, will finish the movement off. The Glazers have won.
What gives you that idea? Was it the fact that there was a limited Glazers out protest at the game? If so I can assure you that the total lack of protest is a better sign of the Glazers winning.

Robertd0803

Get in there. Funny how much better we are with no pressure or expectations.

Oh and Viva Ronaldo. I dont want him to go.

Banana Republic

Post match interview .
When asked where do the team need strengthening in the rebuild, Ralf said apart from goalkeepers, some players will be leaving and will need replacing in every department in the team.

Tiber

These protests don't have quite the same impact as having games called off. Not that the Glazers give a shit either way

clarkydaz

suprisingly enjoyed watching a Manchester United team again. almost like the bad influences and distractions were nowhere to be seen, and the team were playing for each other

Todd

If Ronaldo played for City I legitimately think he'd scored 30 goals in the league, even at his age.

He is the epitome of a champion and his mentality is exactly what this club needs to retain as it looks to rebuild. I hope that ETH recognizes this and utilizes him in building a new philosophy and showing a new era of players what it's supposed to mean to wear the shirt.

Jibbs

What a performance by Mata. It pains me how we never utilized the true potential of this great player who was no less in talent than David Silva or DeBruyne. notice how all these great players like Mata, Matic, Ronaldo have still that determination in them, sharp contrast to how the prima-donnas of United sulk

SER19

Who missed any of Rashford, Martial, Lingard, Maguire or Shaw? Nobody? Ya i thought so. Should all be gone next summer. Don't think any player on pitch tonight could be accused of not caring or an attitude problem - the afformentioned group are largely rotten with possible exception of Shaw

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
suprisingly enjoyed watching a Manchester United team again. almost like the bad influences and distractions were nowhere to be seen, and the team were playing for each other
What are you on about? Master bullier, clique maker, and bad pizza orderer Ronaldo himself was playing!!

You could just sense the animosity in all those hugs...

Jibbs

How I wish to see that sulking gang gone who was fortunately absent today.

redmanx

If Ronaldo played for City I legitimately think he'd scored 30 goals in the league, even at his age.

He is the epitome of a champion and his mentality is exactly what this club needs to retain as it looks to rebuild. I hope that ETH recognizes this and utilizes him in building a new philosophy and showing a new era of players what it's supposed to mean to wear the shirt.
I cant believe theyre even contemplating selling him; granted, Ronaldo is not our future, but he can be a catalyst for the younger players, a bit like Canona was. Ronaldo is a winner and wants to play and win every match and thats the sort of mentality we're going to need.

James Peril

A nice game to watch, shows us that football is entertainment and not politics. We score and tens of thousands have a good time, a few suckers leave the stadium with their silly agendas and usless way of showing them. Very happy for Mata and Matic to have an enjoyable last evening, smiles all around and a positive vibe before ten Hag and tons of new players arrive next season.

With that being said, Brentford are obviously on the beach a long time ago and the result itself matters very little. Who cares, I go to bed happy and I was entertained, unlike many other nights this season.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
A nice game to watch, shows us that football is entertainment and not politics. We score and tens of thousands have a good time, a few suckers leave the stadium with their silly agendas and usless way of showing them. Very happy for Mata and Matic to have an enjoyable last evening, smiles all around and a positive vibe before ten Hag and tons of new players arrive next season.

With that being said, Brentford are obviously on the beach a long time ago and the result itself matters very little. Who cares, I go to bed happy and I was entertained, unlike many other nights this season.
Glad you posted on here, can't wait til you post something nondescript next season!!

stu_1992

Decent game to round out the home games this season at least. Felt a bit testimonial like out there at times but at least it was an enjoyable watch.

Ronaldo was very good it must be said, shame the first was offside but at least he made up for it with the penalty. For a second at the start I thought we were going to get a carbon copy of the previous game's goal from him too.

Fernandes being amongst the goals again was nice to see. If he ended the season strongly it might bring a much needed confidence boost ahead of next season. Varane finally getting a first goal too after such a stop/start season. Had an annoying one rules out earlier this year too.

Wanted to see a few youngsters but after seeing who played for the under 23s yesterday it didn't seem likely.

Devil may care

That was a good 90 minutes from the team, we were the better side throughout and got our rewards, they couldn't handle Ronaldo and we could have had more.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Oh, 6th, then. Again.

This 3-0 is expected. Too many points dropped against the likes of Brentford.

Can't wait for this season to end.

RopersReturn

Very good match, thank you to both sides. The red side were very good tonight but they had to be because the yellows weren't too shabby either. There seemed to be some kind of protest amongst red supporters but that shouldn't detract from the game on the field. The yellows had a thirty year old player who recently survived a serious medical episode. Nevertheless, it was good to see him running around like a fifteen year old again. The red team had an even older player who scored a goal. The game was played in a sporting manner and it finished with some emotional and nostalgic scenes at the end. I suspect this was due to certain players retiring. More of this kind of entertainment please.

Fitchett

A really good performance tonight from United. As many of us have suspected, its the English brigade, plus Pogba and Martial, who have been holding us back. Mata has been criminally under utilised by us, such a clever, skillful player. I'm sure that Rangnick will fully brief Ten Hag, so that valuable time isn't list in rebuilding the squad.

AndyMUFC

Where was that for the last 8 months? Played well and some entertaining football with Ronaldo, Bruno and Mata linking up well. Mata should've played more often without a shadow of a doubt.

lex talionis

Obviously a very good performance which was reflected in the final score. Questions can rightly be asked where was this kind of performance against sides sides like Watford and Norwich but here we are now, hanging into a EL spot.

We'll have a lot of time to discuss squad development strategy, but what's clear as day -- Ole, are you reading this? -- that we must bring in a proper CDM. Maybe we can sake by with the defenders we already have, but we cannot skate by without a player of the reading and passing ability of Matic. Scotty and Fred can fill out the squad, but without a proper CDM we'll continue to play Oleball, which amounted to little more than kick, run and pray.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
What was going on with saf and Allardyce, was fergie really giving him an autograph :lol:

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.

Agreed.

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 211 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brentford win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 25% Man Utd 2:1 Brentford