PL L FA Premier League

Brighton & Hove Albion 4:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 07 May 2022

Thiagoal

Looking forward to hearing Ralf’s post match comments! I have a feeling a few players may be thrown under the bus!

He should join them!

always_hoping

Embarrassing result in a embarrassing season. Worse part is Brighton like United had nothing to play for and in the past I've seen them play better against United and lose.

If only one could offload the majority of this United squad this summer in reality a lot of them will still be around next season stealing a living at Old Trafford

Deanor44

These players don't give a single toss about the fans that made that journey today. They knew they have no more home games and the hostility against them from fans would be minimal so they did what they have done since early season.... downed tools. If any fan or any of us know of any fan who is going to go to Watford, they should not go out of spite.....I don't give a toss about these cnuts and I only have utter disgust for how they have performed these season and while I will try to give ETH every chance, if it is with these group of players I will be extremely sceptical of anything changing. These guys don't give a single toss about playing for the jersey or fans.....

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I'm hoping this is our version of this game. Nobody can be left in any doubt that anything short of a root-and-branch clearout and rebuild is good enough now.
Exactly. Just realisation that the entire structure has subsidence, termites, asbestos etc and needs demolition

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
We’ve been humiliated so many times this season it all just feels numb now.

Red Daz

I wouldn’t care if I never saw any of these players put on the shirt again , utterly useless

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We say this every season with the usual suspects still trotting around the pitch at snail’s pace knowing there’s a fat undeserved pay check waiting for them by the end of the week
Yup. Same thing at the end of every season.

CloneMC16

Good luck to ETH. I think he might destroy his career coming here.

mjstokes85

Post match bingo incoming: "we need to do better" "we weren't good enough" " we need to regroup" "we need work hard on the training ground" "we go again" ad infinitum.

NHLYR 1878

Don’t know what’s left to say that’s not already been said this season.

I can’t get my head around the lack of effort. They’ve worked all their lives to get to the top of their sport and are now seemingly happy to put in performances like that, why would you do that? They’re wasting their prime footballing years, surely they want trophies.
It is beyond peculiar and other than a team blatantly sabotaging a game such, I can't think of a bunch of players that have been so apathetic.

Short of kicking the ball in to our own goal I can't think of anything else they can do to actively destroy the club.

Flexdegea

We say this every season with the usual suspects still trotting around the pitch at snail’s pace knowing there’s a fat undeserved pay check waiting for them by the end of the week

That is true but lot of them are going no matter what happens out of contract and I'd say wee be selling some.

choccy77

I got more points today than United.

thanks mods.... get a sense of humour.

choccy77

Manchester United interim boss Ralf Rangnick speaking to Sky Sports: "It was a terrible performance. From the first until the last minute it was not enough; we can only apologise for this performance and a humiliating defeat."
Doesn't count if he doesn't tweet it and post on Instagram

Moriarty

1973/74 Played 42. Conceded 48 goals. We lost by three goals twice, 0-3 to Arsenal and 0-3 to QPR.
2021/22 Played 37. Conceded 58 goals. Losing 0-4 at Brighton, 1-4 at Watford, 0-5 and 0-4 to Liverpool, 2-4 at Leicester, and 1-4 at City.

What an abysmal record.

Irwin99

You can just rip through this team's centre and its full backs with ridiculous ease. Happened so many times this season. Our full backs are the worst i've ever seen at the club.

Roy Keane deservedly gets a bit of stick for using the term 'character' so often but these players just have no strength to them at all, it'd be completely accurate to say this team has no character. It's such a passive team it's incredible. DDG, Lindelof, Dalot, Telles, McTominay, Mata, Elanga, all nice blokes by the looks/sounds of things but just no physicality there at all.

RedDevil@84

I went for a movie. I texted couple of my United mates and they were all outside as well.

peridigm

It's becoming harder to look forward to next season

ETH really needs to be something special
He has a lot of mentality issues to address with the players that don’t leave. Several years of poor management needs undoing and it won’t happen overnight.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
When I started watching my recording I was hoping for a couple of new young faces in the lineup. Alas, RR has no imagination and probably named the oldest team ever for a PL match.

Luke1995

Really lucky that Dalot was there to block their fifth goal... four is bad, but five would have been a new low.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
RR demoted one of our youngsters for being too aggressive.

What I would have loved for Hannibal to convey his emotions on the pitch today. I tried hard to buy tickets for this but thank god both the brighton fans are loyal and our fans are committed as ever.

Woodzy

In a season of embarrassing defeats this should be the worst of the lot yet I’m completely desensitised to it at this point.

Player Ratings

2.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 216 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brighton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 26% Brighton 1:2 Man Utd
  • 16% Brighton 1:1 Man Utd