PL D FA Premier League

Burnley 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 30 August 2014

Slevs

likes to play with penises
De Gea- The only reason we've come away with a point.

Baclkett- Too Many hoofballs.

Jones- Better performance than before.

Evans- Stupid this week.

Valencia/Young- Just feck off please.

Mata- Lost.

Di Maria- Shinning light

Fletcher- I love you, please retire. You're done.

Rooney- Off form and not captain material. Only shines when we're winning/a good team.

RvP- Off form, please let him rest for a month and play Welbeck. He was dogshite today.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
We look pretty good for 37 points this season. Doable. Shame we dropped that 1 point against Swansea.

Should have had one penalty. Arguably two.

I don't like 3-5-2. The lack of overlap on the wings, and that always having an extra man in defence rather than in the attack just doesn't seem positive enough. We always looked short of options.

Phil Jones is a machine. Nothing but praise for him so far. 3 games in, our best player in all 3. If we play Phil Jones in the middle of the back 3, with Phil Jones on the left and Phil Jones on the right, our defence would be the best around.

dsch

Awful. Panic whenever Burnley pressed in the first half, and no idea what to do with the ball when they started sitting back. Rooney and Evans plumbing new depths.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Does anyone seriously think we are getting top 4? Not a chance. We are wank.

redmeister

Burnley forums must be in meltdown mode. They've got to pick up 3 points at home against fellow relegation strugglers.

NK86

Valencia was probably our best player - God knows how many times he helped our defense in the first half. As for his crosses - yes they hit opponents - but that has to happen when they have 7 players in the box and we have 1. Rooney and Rvp our 2 worst players

And Blackett actually looks the best of our defenders
Valencia hit his nearest man. It hardly reaches the box when he hits the cross. So that excuse is meaningless.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Once again and right from the word go too the defence looked all over the place you'd think they'd be starting to get their house in order now new system or no new system. Toothless enough in the final third again too. Apart from Di Maria who looked like our only player who attacked with a bit of conviction with his through balls, crosses and runs etc there's damn all to be positive about there today. Still not clicking...

NessunDorma

Still don't look like a coherent team. Van Gaal has as good as said that it'll take time to forge these players into one.

But you have to think that with the talent available, especially going forward, it'll click eventually.

Kayo

Outside Lou Macari's with a can of strongbow.
We are now 100% the most boring team to watch in the league, we have maybe created 6 chances in games against Swansea, Sunderland, MK Dons and Burnley.

If we carry on playing like that we may aswell sign Peter Crouch.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Let me get this straight... We desperately need a goal, and we have young and valencia on the pitch and our first sub is anderson?

And Januzaj only comes on at the death because Mata gets hurt.

What the feck is this shit?

walkinhop

Mata - terrible cameo
Rooney and Van Persie prove yet again that they can't play together
Evans in a second in a row shocker
Valencia is still a 1 way street easily predictable

Di Maria was fantastic
Blacket the best defender we have atm
Jones did well

The rest dont deserve a mention

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
De Gea- The only reason we've come away with a point.

Baclkett- Too Many hoofballs.

Jones- Better performance than before.

Evans- Stupid this week.

Valencia/Young- Just feck off please.

Mata- Lost.

Di Maria- Shinning light

Fletcher- I love you, please retire. You're done.

Rooney- Off form and not captain material. Only shines when we're winning/a good team.

RvP- Off form, please let him rest for a month and play Welbeck. He was dogshite today.
What did DDG do to save us?

I thought there was also a severe lack of communication between him and the defenders at times

hobbers

Evans - Awful, liability
Blackett - Woeful long balls all game
Fletcher - Finished.
Valencia - Catastrophically bad
Mata - Terrible

Rooney and RVP not in the game at all.

Di Maria was great. Young and Jones did fine.

El Zoido

We're so easy to stop. Young and Valencia are garbage and are extremely predictable players, all a team needs to do is pack the middle and let Valencia drill crosses in to your shins for 90 minutes and they'll be safe. This is the exact same crap as under Moyes. We're completely unable to create chances through the middle of the park so we end up resorting to terrible wing play. If we had Bale on one side and Robben on the other it might work.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
He's started every game, been made vice captain and is the main reason for our awful, slow, static football. Extremely concerned about what LVG sees in Fletcher. There's no chance we will sell him, I mean nobody would pay his wage let alone pay a fee. I just hope he does the decent thing and retires.

Slevs

likes to play with penises

I thought there was also a severe lack of communication between him and the defenders at times
The first minute when Evans had his brainfart and he came out and saved a sure goal?

Heinzesight

When was the last time we had a club captain with no first touch?

Rooney is a mid-table club player. Not good enough and he should be shipped out with the deadwood. Still capable of moments of brilliance, but he is so average. Drop him and we would look better.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
This 352 is nuts. Valencia and Young crossing to no-one in particular while 60m quids worth of world class winger sits on the bench. Also, why we still have no central midfield is beyond me. How can we spend nearly 200m and still only have a recuperating Fletcher as a one man midfield? It comes down to the same thing time and time again. Baffling.

SER19

Make peace with it lads. We are truly fecked. Poor players in key positions, injury prone for 4 years, unfit compared to other teams, no ambition, no leaders. Predictable and on the fastest decline football has ever seen. We had a midfield today at one point of Valencia Anderson fletcher young. 200 m spent and that is still on the pitch. Beyond repair

Kostur

海尔的老板

First 15 minutes about 3-4 times, first thing that comes to my mind was Evans' new trademark pass to the opposition's striker. Then Jones decided to go full retard and do couple of idiotic challenges and get outplayed like a kid.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I expected us to lose so I'm a bit surprised.

Otherwise it's business as usual. We have no team.

Getsme

The angriest I've felt after a PL game in a long time. Keeping Fletcher on the pitch, picking Valencia, sticking to the 352 formation when it's clearly not working with these players.
I thought we were predictable under Moyes but I'd say we are even more so now. The players are letting themselves down, Rooney, RVP, Mata, Fletcher, Valencia, Evans all well below par today.
On paper we have good players, on the field we have no team.

Krits

I'm fuming right now, so I'll try and assess this the best I can

Defence: They just don't know how to play. Blackett is decent with his composure on the ball, but my god Evans. What the flying feck. I used to think of him as our best defender
Midfield: Nothing new I can say about this
Mata: So disappointed in him. I don't know whats gone wrong
Rooney: He doesn't deserve that wage and he definitely isn't going to be a long term captain if he doesn't sort his shit out.
RVP: What the feck happened to him?

Mata, Rooney, RVP. When you read those names. It seems like a dream come true. But none of those players carry the weight of their names anymore. I wish Danny would have come on earlier.

With Mata seemingly injured. We might be able to go 4-3-3 without worrying about playing our 3 stars.

Mister_Stubbs

2 points from 9 against teams that'll be bottom half the table.. god help us when we come against a team with a bit of class. We looked void of any ideas again today, the worrying thing is we haven't looked like winning any of the first 3 games.

LARulz

Pathetic. No movement, ever. Van Gaal said they'd play long balls yet we did that from the first minute to the last.

Evans just looks like he's got no confidence. Fletcher is not the player he once was and just acts busy now without doing anything of note.

Our front 3 is just unbelievable. Incredible talented but seem clueless. As for the people providing them the balls in Young and Valencia..... the less said the better.

3-5-2 has to be stopped now.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Make peace with it lads. We are truly fecked. Poor players in key positions, injury prone for 4 years, unfit compared to other teams, no ambition, no leaders. Predictable and on the fastest decline football has ever seen. We had a midfield today at one point of Valencia Anderson fletcher young. 200 m spent and that is still on the pitch. Beyond repair
Either that's a Wum or you write for the daily mail.

NinjaFletch

I actually thought today was a huge step forward.

Di Maria looks utterly brilliant, and the defence is still shambolic at times, but I thought there was clear signs that players were starting to understand their roles better and we actually created chances.

In a years time when the confidence is back we'll play exactly the same in those games and nick them 1 or 2 nil.

We're getting there slowly, but we're getting there.

Be patient, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Yeah, well, I guess we suck. We suck big time. I'm off getting drunk and high now, it's a nice sunny weekend up here and I'll just pretend this hasn't happened, no worries. No worries at all.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Don't think we were THAT bad. We were just very average. Better than last week and kept a clean sheet.

We've got vast injury problems and it shows. Time will make it better.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
We also had a team full of men then who didn't shirk responsibility and who actually looked interested.
These players have been shirking responsibility for years. Even when they were winning, they wanted it easy. And boy did they shirk last year....they shirked like a boss last year.

Man of the Match

Angel Di Maria image Angel Di Maria 69% of 739 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 473 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Burnley win
  • Draw