PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:2 Burnley

Post-match discussion

Tue, 26 December 2017

Water Melon

The ridiculous part is that you don't care how other teams are doing. So, in a normal year, we're well in the hunt for the title with this many points. This is a freak year due to city output. It's all well and good to claim we should be winning things, but to claim it doesn't matter how other teams are doing is just absurd.
My final post in this dialogue to avoid going in circles and save the time for both of us: Jose has already been through this. He managed to finish with 96 points and was still second behind Barca. So, the reality is that Pep's teams are ruthless in their leagues, unforgiving. Jose's mission is to challenge Pep ang Man City. Taking into account that Pep will continue to spend big and has already managed to replace his ageing players with young promising talent who suit his tactics to a T, we need to start catching them up now, because when they win the league under Pep with such ease their confidence will grow, whereas there will be zero complacency due to the fact that City's squad is big and competition is fierce. They know how they want to play, they have vision, they are not super reliant on a single player. Their vision and tactics are starting to show. And finally, I do not think that Mou will stay put if he does not win EPL or CL after his third season, whereas Pep has all the backing of the board and players at his club and am sure will not leave City without winning the CL.

Coops73

It’s difficult to comment on a game where you’ve only seen the extended highlights but to me it seemed we were all over them but Burnley are a good side and their free kicks we’re well taken.

Lukakus woeful form is starting to become a worrie for me, yes you could argue that he’s not getting the service but he offered nothing against Burnley, I could say the same for Rashford, some of his decision making has been awful but he’s young and he’ll learn, should of had a penalty imo.

Shaw looked bright and full of energy, which is good to see, Young played well and poor Zlatan looked like the game was passing him by a bit, seemed to take an age on the Ball and subsequently had it nicked off his feet on more than 1 occasion I desperately hope he doesn’t fade out of the game and gets some of that spark and fitness back, it just may be too late for him to find it here.

Overall a bit shit but we plugged away and thanks to Dobby who’s enthusiasm and constant movement changed the game, got us a point. I personally never thought this was going to be an easy game, Burnley’s form against the top teams has been good but we’re still 2nd and if we can have a good January transfer window who knows how the 2nd half of the season could go, especially in the CL.

I’m not thrilled but this is much improved on last season and shit loads better than the Moyes/LVG debacles....(he said trying desperately to be positive)

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
We all know Lukaku's first touch is not something that he can brag about. Yet again and again Pogba would pass along the ground to him at a very fast pace which actually requires some technique to bring it under control.
Lukaku is never going to do well with his back to goal and a ball played into feet, it is absolutely not playing to his strengths at all.
What Lukaku needs is to be on the shoulder of the last defender, with the ball played ahead of him to latch onto, this is where his strength and pace will give the defender nightmares.

He is just not being provided with this type of service.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
to be fair, we dominated again but this time without creating too many chances. Lingard did miss another sitter surely before his first goal. If we'd taken, say 75 per cent of the really easy chances we've missed in recent months, I wonder how close we'd be. I agree with those saying that Ibra has lost his magic touch. Maybe that's not surprising. What we have not learned is that Lukaku should not be allowed in our penalty area. He was at fault again for their opener; completely missed a header again

Acole9

Outstanding
Frustrating, I know Burnley have had a good season but we should be winning those type of games really.

Man of the Match

Jesse Lingard image Jesse Lingard 87% of 600 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 384 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Burnley win
  • Draw