PL D FA Premier League

Chelsea 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 07 February 2016

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Enjoyable game, I can't fault our performance too much but team needs to hold on to win in such situations. Could have given our confidence massive boost.​

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
We went to absolutely shit after about 70 minutes. Couldn't keep the ball for toffee, and LVG's substitution (seriously he is feckin' awful at substitutions) did not help.

NK86

When we needed possession after we scored we decided to give the ball back to then at every opportunity. It's so frustrating watching this team.
I just pointed that out. We cannot keep possession when the opposition wants the ball. We only keep it as a result of the opposition allowing us to in order to pick us off on the counter.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
It was mostly a very good performance. Sad we didn't see it out

Don't see much wrong with lvg today at all

But I see the vultures are out I force again

Reynoldo

Can't really blame Memphis. They guy has barely set foot on a pitch in recent matches.
You can totally blame him, the Chelsea players looked deflated on that attack and 2 nil or at least a chance from united would have been enough in my opinion. You could see Chelsea got their tails up with that feck up by Depay.

NK86

Enjoyable game, I can't fault our performance too much but team needs to hold on to win in such situations. Could have given our confidence massive boost.​
How can you not fault our performance when for the last 25 mins we had about 10% possession?!

tom33

Thought we probably deserved to win, but silly play from Memphis and then a terrible mistake by Blind. Frustrating as far as chasing 4th is concerned, but at least more promising than we've looked for the majority of the season.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Was it him who gave that shocking pass to concede possession which lead to their goal?

Was watching on a crappy stream but whoever that was needs a backhand to the face.
Yes. That fecking lazy, brainless, useless pass.

Ainu

Pathetic performance after our goal, not helped by another set of atrocious subs by Van Gaal. Memphis' lazy pass when any sort of half competent pass would give us a great opportunity to kill the game was the sort of shit that makes my blood boil.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
We started off really well and put the pressure on Chelsea, the we sat back after the goal and let them hit us. The subs seemed to kill us off yet again. Herrera wanting to know from the official how long he had on the pitch said it all for me. 2 minutes? What's the point...

Last edited:

Siorac

I know this is unfair but feck Depay. He had one simple pass to make, to play Schneiderlin in. The goal wasn't his fault, of course. But I still can't help but blame him for it because really, we should have made it 2-0 there. Schneiderlin was in astronomical amounts of space.

Tosicsleftpeg

For 71 mins played brilliantly and I think to a man they all played well out there. After that Hazard and co took hold and we couldn't get out.

Awful to concede late but today we played well. The only shit thing was Depay conning on and wasting a good break which led to the goal.

sdb4884

Shit subs from LVG, I thought Lingard was doing a great job defensively in the last 20 mins, Fellaini too should have been kept on to help with the aerial threat. Cost us the game. To think that City now are in 4th and the closest to us in the league probably means that we are at extremely long odds now of making the 4. Spurs and Leicester have played well enough all season and don't look like dipping.

Flying_Heckfish

Disappointing to throw it away like that, but great game! Really enjoyed watching us have a go at them, especially in the early period. We just needed to be a little more clinical.

sallycinnamin

How many needless free kicks did we concede, knew their goal was coming yet Costa barely had a kick all game, just sickened the three points were there for the taking all that being said only for Big Dave's Saves again...

eggwithsideburns

We should have gone for the second goal but instead sat back. If your going to try and counter its important that the first pass out of defence is a good one but we lumped it forward or gave it away.

Nik70

Great overall performance but we sat far too deep after taking the lead. Good performance from young Borthwick-Jackson but he fell asleep and played Costa onside for their goal.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That stupid ball was costly. The square pass was pefect for the one on one. Who did he think he was passing to Ronaldo.
it looked a ridiculously easy ball on tv, inside, and he had tonnes of space. To try a much riskier harder ball beggars belief.
Anyone else would have held it, and played keep ball. F'ck me, we're all about the keep ball, so of all the times not to be,,,

fuming.

NK86

Feels like a loss. Gutted. Memphis should really take a long hard look at himself.
How he managed to screw up a simple 5 yard pass with Morgan in acres I don't know. I still have time for him as he is very young but that should be his bread and butter.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
What's the point of investing so much in creating a team that keeps possession if they're then useless at doing this when under pressure. Surely that's the ideal time to keep possession rather than when the game still needs to be won. But no, once again we've shown that we crumble under pressure.

And Memphis??? Dear lord.

Flying_Heckfish

Pathetic performance after our goal, not helped by another set of atrocious subs by Van Gaal. Memphis' lazy pass when any sort of half competent pass would give us a great opportunity to kill the game was the sort of shit that makes my blood boil.
Yep that was brutal.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
How can you not fault our performance when for the last 25 mins we had about 10% possession?!
..because no matter how bad their season have been, we were up against a good bunch of players at their home. I did say we need to hold on better which means we need to play better but if I compare most of the matches since new year with those in December, I see improvement.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Gutted. We did well up to the time we scored, then we went to shit. All topped off by Memphis' stupidity and CBJ falling asleep at the end.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Only defence after we scored. Way too early for that. Common theme under LvG.

Decent performance though.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
De Gea is going to win the MOTM vote by a canter yet everyone is going to target Memphis for the one feck up that led to a goal.

:lol:
Yep It was terrible from Memphis but we were already after allowing the momentum to switch to Chelsea by then. I think they would've scored some other way if it wasn't for that tbh.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We deserved that. We were absolutely horrendous from the minute we scored. Gave away free kick after free kick and didn't even bother trying to get out of our half. Absolutely brainless. Top 4 is gone now, we won't make up 6 points from any of the teams above us.

Golden Nugget

Frustrated as hell. A draw away at Chelsea at the moment isn't horrible - but drawing in such a way is horrible.

Fellaini should have stayed on with their arial bombardment - but we somehow got away with that.

Memphis - I didn't notice him at all and when he does he fecks up a simple pass and did not make an effort to screen back from it.

De gea was brilliant once again

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
6 minutes injury time.
During those 6 minutes Chelsea scores, United make a sub, still he blows his whistle at 96:000000000000000000000000.

I like that our players have started shooting from outside the box, we didn't the first 18 months under LvG.

fallengt

Depay sub was so pointless . We couldn't keep the ball, let's bring in another attacking minded player.

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 536 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 20% Chelsea 1:2 Man Utd
  • 16% Chelsea 1:1 Man Utd