PL D FA Premier League

Chelsea 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 07 February 2016

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thrown away... feck knows why we went so defensive so early. You can't try and hang on for 20+ minutes and do absolutely nothing at the other end. That's us in 5th though. No chance for top 4 now IMO, was a must win.

kps88

Absolutely terrible from the moment we went ahead. Dropped too deep and looked too scared to push back up again.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Not a bad result in isolation.

But we have to win these games because LVG and the team was cowardly V Southampton,Norwich,Newcastle etc.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Felt that the right substitutions to make were Schneiderlin for Mata with Fellaini pushing up a bit and offering an outlet, the Memphis substitution was weird but what do I know. Fair result in the end but can't help butfeel we threw it away a bit. Oh and DDG is the best player in the league.

lysglimt

Scout
Brilliant for 70 minutes - looked tired and afraid the last 25. But in fairness - it was a good match and we are starting to restore some pride at least.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Never get what we deserve against these cnuts.

Also, ref blew every little thing for them after we scored, hate Oliver.
On balance Chelsea deserved a win more than we did. How many clear cut chances did we create?

Gutted because moments we looked very good and heading for a win, but last 20 mins we weren't in the game.

Someone

Something
We deserved a win but the way we react to being on top is shocking.

The subs were awful, memphis is lazy and stupid.

Silverman

Can't really blame Memphis. They guy has barely set foot on a pitch in recent matches.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Good game. Probably a fair result. Both keepers outstanding. Great finish by Lingaard.

I think our new tactic is definitely to go for the early goal which I like. Doesn't always work out but better than keep ball in our own half. Blind is very good going forward.

WyoManU

Not sure why everyone is so surprised. We claim to be a possession side, but once we take the lead we have very little of it. Invited the pressure, showed no composure and an absolute lack of quality. We were extremely lucky not to lose. If DDG goes to Madrid next season we will lose a lot more points. LVG has had more than enough time to fix the club but by all accounts he has done quite poorly at it. I've been saying all along that top 4 is beyond us and I still feel we are more lucky to end about 7th. Sad times for United but we have no one to blame but ourselves for being a pretty poorly run club.

mancan92

Terrible game management. Why when the team is clearly in control with chelsea not particularly causing us any trouble do we decide to sit back on our goalline for 15 minutes? We just invited them on. Terrible subs as well.

Ryan7

Frustrating to lose the lead late on. Fifth looks our most likely position.

mu4c_20le

Don't want to be too harsh on the team after that, but giving the ball away cheaply was unacceptable. There was a point at around the 85th minute mark where we handed possession away 3 times in under a minute. They got to attack us 3 times. That is not acceptable in a one goal situation.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Season over. Top four now starting to look a million miles off, never mind the title. Arguably deserved after our December form.

Ordinarily wouldn't be bothered by drawing at Chelsea, but our December made this a must win. Once again suffering for mistakes made against teams like Norwich and Bournemouth.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Fuming with Depay
unbelievably brainless sh!t.

either make the super easy pass inside to Schneidy or hold it.
Don't play an awful ball that they instantly get possession back from.

Why the heck bring him into a backs against the walls job anyway

Mainoldo

Score reflected the game. We gave them too much possession after the goal. Don't think top four is over. They will cause a few more top teams more problems.

Jacob

Why did we score and then just sit so deep and invite pressure, we just completely stopped playing.

They score and we settle for a point with 5mins on the clock, we are 7 points behind 4th and you think a point is good enough - fecking joke.

Depay giving it away when we had that 3 on 2 and then they go down the other end and score - typical.
It is not by choice, it's basic human psychology.

peridigm

Started the match playing as good as you can expect from this lot and ended playing outright rubbish. LVG can be credited with making poor subs and ultimately costing us.

The White Pele

Far from the worst result we've had this season but so frustrating watching this team throw results away at a crunch time of the season.

Devil may care

The most angry I've been all season, that cnut Costa boils my piss. We should have won, the problem for me was that we didn't do nearly enough on the counter once we got ahead, disappointing.

NK86

We can keep possession when the opposition wants us to. It is not actually our ability. When we need to keep possession, we keep lumping it forward. Really cannot see what VG has brought to this club.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
6 points off the top 4 now. I think with the teams above us, that might well be it. Hard to see us having the form to catch them.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Fuming with Depay
Was it him who gave that shocking pass to concede possession which lead to their goal?

Was watching on a crappy stream but whoever that was needs a backhand to the face.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
This is so disheartening and sums up why LVG is the wrong man.

All throughout his reign, his substitutions more often than not end up harming the team. Depay coming on in that situation was mind-boggling, as was us dropping deep and inviting an extremely poor Chelsea side on.

Terrible.

Also, this was one of the first times I've seen Martial never attempt to go on the outside in a game. Made him slightly predictable.

dileno

Depay should hold the ball there. Go for the corner flag.

Ref should not blow the game off at exactly 96 mins. We had a counter and there were at least 1,5 mins of celebrations to be added to extra time.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Played well and should have pushed for a second instead we sat deeper and deeper and made awful substitutions.

I was furious when Depay made that unbelievably inept pass but bloody livid when it resulted in a goal for them. We need to get shut of him.

Top 4 is gone can we have a new manager now.

Mainoldo

unbelievably brainless sh!t.

either make the super easy pass inside to Schneidy or hold it.
Don't play an awful ball that they instantly get possession back from.

Why the heck bring him into a backs against the walls job anyway
That stupid ball was costly. The square pass was pefect for the one on one. Who did he think he was passing to Ronaldo.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
I actually told my mates that Scheiderlin and Memphis were going to lose a lot of possession stupidly when they came in.

paulscholes18

Fell asleep at the back, also anything other then that form Depay could have been a win

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Shit result. So gutted with that. Why can't we just hold on and tough it out?!

Only way to Champions League is winning the Europa. Just can't see how we'll dig ourselves out of this. We should never have been in this position in the first place. Fecking crap

pacifictheme

Also i see there are some proper specials in here today. Mata our lowest rated player at 6.2?! Definitely one of our brighter players, thought he was great as our number 10...

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Feels like Newcastle, that's 4 points dropped because of stupidity and poor subs. I don't think you take Lingard off for Memphis unless you need a goal or he's injured.

Schneiderlin for Fellaini on paper makes sense, but Fellaini was having a good second half.

Now the finger will obviously get pointed at Memphis again, but if you give the ball away 10 yards away from the corner flag at the opposite side of the pitch, you should be able to defend it. CBJ wasn't in line and I'm not sure you push out like that in the 90 minute when you're under pressure as Blind did. Comedy of errors from front to back.

Enough positives again generally, but a very sour conclusion.

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 536 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 20% Chelsea 1:2 Man Utd
  • 16% Chelsea 1:1 Man Utd