FA L FA Cup Quarter-final

Chelsea 1:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Mon, 13 March 2017

Moonred

Oliver is a cnut but it was only one team playing after the first 10-15. Definite gulf in class between the two teams. Had zero expectations and it turned out exactly that.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Soft yellow and the game is over pretty much. No harm. Concentrate on Europe now.

Irrational.

This fixture was always going to be tough as soon as the draw was made considering Chelsea are somewhat of a bogey team for us. The sending off essentially sealed it for them, we were at least competitive until then. Herrera shouldn't have given Oliver the chance to make that decision. We all know he's a an utter jizz-stain of a human being who craves attention.

In the end, I'm glad it didn't go to extra-time. We need to go all out for the Europa.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Pretty much the least depressing way to go out. 0-1 with ten men away to Chelsea. No point in dwelling on it. Move on in the other two competitions with optimism.

Two incredibly tough games at Wembley ahead for the four teams still in it to lift the trophy.

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
Very good defensive performance, Chelsea's best chance was early on in the first half. I still can't quite understand how we lost to a Kanté goal from outside the box. Unfortunately, we never really got any fluid passing going in the first half and that problem significantly worsened in the second half. Mind you, it would be very hard to say that we were comprehensively outplayed; I didn't really feel that Chelsea created that many good chances (Not that we did either TBF).

attack attack

Another muppet
Pogba is like a big peacock. Strutting and jogging around, all for show and no substance.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
We approached the game perfectly. The tactics were spot on. Away to easily the best team in England and we more than matched them.

Went downhill when we got an unjust red card and even after that it was a valiant effort, there was very little we could do.

Janson

So does our unbeaten run still stand or does Jose aknowledge this loss? I'm still gonna claim we're unbeaten if someone asks me that's for sure.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
To be honest, even before the sending off I was wondering how we were going to score a goal. We have zero goal threat without Zlatan.
No. We should allow our young strikers to flourish next season. No need to get any new strikers.

white text.

Wayne's World

Can't be too hard on the players except Pogba and Smalling....they gave everything and If you asked me before the start of the match If I'd rather win tonight or Thursday then I'd have said Thursday

Skills

Snitch
Hope the fa cup melts and none of these feckers can win it this year. What a dreadful set of possible outcomes

UnitedForever147

How bloody inevitable this was!! When the draw was made we were out. Cant expect to win a game when only 4 players show up. De Gea. Young, Rojo and Rashord. The rest were piss and Pogba has to go. So that leaves us knackered for Thursday night. Great stuff

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
To be honest, we showed some resilience here. Down to 10 with Chelsea battering us, not bad. Shame about the red card as it was shaping up to be a good game.

Ref is definitely a twat, but Ander needs to have more discipline and use his intelligence. Seems to be too emotional at times. Passion is ok, but you must control yourself. Controlled aggression is what he must learn.

Anyway, hope for another good defensive performance on Thursday and Ibra will be up top to hopefully do the business.

Ralaks

Just a shame that a potential great match is ruined by a poor refereering. He seems so eager to punish us when he can.

squidoo

God i miss SAF. He would never have gone down without a fight like we did tonight.

Strachans Cigar

Pogba needs a rest I think.

Rojo went toe to toe with Costa taking no shit. Dave also very good tonight.

Good effort, no shame in losing 1-0 with 10 men at Stamford Bridge.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Lost to a far better team. We had no plan how to attack them even with 11 men.

ashgabat

Come look at our Swedish girls instead!
Supports
Malmö FF
Kanté is some player. Costa is a cnut. Pogba needs to be benched for a while. Decent enough game under the circumstances. feck.

Shimo

Most annoying thing is we are going to pay for it on Thursday now and we freaking lose Herrera for 2 games after for the second time this season getting screwed by an appalling ref. Oliver can do one for being conned easily. Absolutely starting to hate Conte too - the screaming for cards from the side there.

Thought we played well and had really good game plan - hopefully can use the feeling of injustice to fuel us for the upcoming games.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
God i miss SAF. He would never have gone down without a fight like we did tonight.

What are you talking about? What did you expect us to do?

Going for it would have likely left us battered by the end, which in turn would have made the players heads drop even more.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Good performance by the team, We could have easily have won that and we showed that we can be a match to Chelsea.

Starting to think Kante is going to win player of the season , certainly among the top 5 and looks a bargain when compared to Pogba who yet again offered very little.

Pogba is starting to really bother me now, not because of his price tag, that is unfair on him but because he has done very little to even warrant a 30 million price tag.

Oliver the cnut yet again ruined the game for us.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
I disagree with the stick for the Rashford chance, great movement to get the chance, went for a shot between the legs which is always a bit hit or miss. Would have been heralded as a phenomenon if he had got it between the legs, instead he gets shouted at, small margins.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Didnt do anything other than not concede more goals. Although we were ok and it was an interesting game before the red, I expect we would've been on the backfoot just the same anyway in the 2nd half. Our teamsheet suddenly looks very weak without Zlatan

redsunited

Gutted. Referee made it a damp squib. Not too bad as semi final and final would be top teams this season. Lets put all eggs in Europa league now.

Eire Red United

Said at beginning of game that I wanted us out, so wont change my mind. Debatable red card, but I still think Chelsea would have won - they have too much quality and we did not have enough thrills up front.

Young, Rojo, Jones, Valencia did really well, Rashford did all he could. Pogba was appalling and his effort levels sometimes a disgrace. I'm starting to dislike him.
Without the red its a different game. With Mhiki still on the field we threaten them alot more.

shaky

Away from home against the league leaders, who've had a week off and got a cheap red card in their favour. Not really fussed about losing, was still a decent performance. We've already won a cup this season anyway. Bigger fish to fry now.

Gopher Brown

Very frustrating, just too many limited players in our team, but we already knew that. No real fight, we just accepted a 1-0 loss wasn't too bad after Herrera went.

We defended really well though, but nothing going forward.

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Fouled them until the inevitable. Then gave up. Dire.

Players were good. Tactics were awful.
Ridiculous comment. In the circumstances, the tactics were absolutely spot on and the players worked their ass off despite the twat in black

Dinghy

Absolute madness taking off our best player and one out of few in this side who could have caused them some trouble on the counter, and replace him with fecking Fellaini.

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 431 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 17% Chelsea 2:0 Man Utd
  • 16% Chelsea 1:2 Man Utd