FA L FA Cup Quarter-final

Chelsea 1:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Mon, 13 March 2017

klayton88

What was the point in Felli? Understandable if we brought him on to pump balls up to but did he really offer us more than what Micki could have stayed on and given us?

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Chelsea's post match music is spot on, to be fair.

The red card stopped this being a competition. They were already well rested and had almost the full complement of the squad to choose from, unlike us. One man advantage just made the loss inevitable.

mu4c_20le

Chelsea were the only side playing football anyway (even before the red) and deserved to win.

Dire stuff from us in general but at least we kept the score line down.

Pogba needs a slap. Felt sorry for Rashford - worked his socks off.
You just got home and started watching from HT didn't you.

Flying_Heckfish

Good effort.. Red card killed it any chance we had. Dumb from Herrera, Oliver was after him for sure.

Gread performance from Valencia. Young, De Gea were pretty good too . Pogba was absolute toilet though.

I'd like to see this formation again whilst Zlatan is out. Great pressing and passing, exciting potential I think.

Charlie Foley

Valencia, De Gea, Rojo all very good.

Rashford played well too, he probably should have scored but created the chance himself and ran his socks of all day.

Young had some good moments and some absolutely shocking moments. Smalling, Jones, Fellaini didn't impress me.

Darmian was bad, Pogba seriously poor, just looked so lethargic once again.

Herrera shouldn't have been sent off, rating a foul based on who's being fouled isn't in the rules, is it?

Dante

Average bang
We pushed them all the way, with a slew of injuries, away from home and after suffering a harsh red card.

I'm not too upset by that. Particularly when you consider that we need a fecking rest and the FA Cup has to be the lowest priority at the moment.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Fouled them until the inevitable. Then gave up. Dire.

Players were good. Tactics were awful.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Happens. soft second yellow and it changed the game. I think we played well considering, for 60 mins, against the league leaders in imperious form. Back to the league!

Fingeredmouse

Team spririt was great against terrible odds. Pogba needs to get focused on the basics and stop fecking about on the ball...he needs to learn from this.

Minimalist

You just got home and started watching from HT didn't you.
Nah I watched the whole thing smart arse. I know the commentators kept banging on about a good start from us but personally all I saw was a few attacks that went fecking nowhere.

siw2007

We might have lost, but we gave it our all and fought so hard. To play with 10 men against the best team in the country for so long is very difficult, but it was a great defensive effort.

Besides, the FA cup is so last year. More important games to play

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Oliver is a cnut.

Pogba needs dropped.

A valiant performance from our defenders tonight.

Devil may care

The ref ruined the game but I was a bit disappointed with Jose having no answers and we just saw the game fade out with no real effort to even try and get back into it, Rashford almost nicked something but it was due to a mistake from Luiz, we didn't attempt to create anything.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
If we're honest not a terrible thing in the context of our season. We're the holders, finally won it again last year and don't really need any more matches.

Still, one does wonder what happens to refs in our matches at the bridge. It's almost unavoidable that 'tight' decisions get given to Chelsea. It's been happening for the best part of a decade.

Manny

Grammar Police
Threw it away.

Shite formation, 3 CBs, 3 FBs, Mikhi taken off early, no more subs until 80 minutes...

Shite. Feck the bravery bollocks

podurban2

Team spririt was great against terrible odds. Pogba needs to get focused on the basics and stop fecking about on the ball...he needs to learn from this.
I hate that we keep repeating this after every single game. Why doesn't Jose address this?

Mister_Stubbs

11 vs 11 we were right in that game, sending off killed us and the game. Chelsea aren't as great as these motd pundit make us, very average. Football is a physical game and the referee has taken that right out of the game thanks to the consistent falling over from Costa and Hazard.

Pleased with the efforts of the lads, would have liked to have seen a bit more urgency in the end but hay ho.

We move on, Chelsea can have their moment this season.. next season they won't be able to keep this level of effort up with added games.

Totally against the odds out there. They had the form, home advantage and were much fresher.

That red card effectively killed us but the heart and bravery shown by the rest of our players was impressive. Can't fault any of them for their efforts.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Chelsea always piss me off.
Ref pissed me off.
Rashford's finish pissed me off.
Pogba's jogging pissed me off.

Poor game after the sending off, but it started promising. Just happy that we didn't collapse and lose by several goals.

worcesterred

Certainly isn't much you can do when the referee decides to be the centre of attention. In any event, the big one for us is Thursday night.

The Hungry Surgeon

Odds were stacked against us anyway and I expected a defeat but it was truly all over when we went down to 10 men. Glad we kept the score down at least, and it's 1-2 less tough fixtures to worry about now. We'll beat them at OT in the league.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
End result wasn't a surprise, but we at least made a decent account of ourselves this time.

My fear is what effect all that effort will have on us on Thursday night - that's the game that really matters to our season.

Plan for the next time we play Chelsea: Fellaini or Jones to take out Kante in the first minute, and we can try to beat them 10 v. 11, as opposed to 10 v. 15 when Kante plays.

Mister_Stubbs

I also don't get this Kante praise tonight... he scored one goal and that was it.. please someone explain to me what I'm not seeing.

Jacko21

I think we did the best we could in the circumstances. We didn't let our heads drop and only conceded the one.

Chelsea were wasteful. Fellaini didn't add anything. Pogba was a bystander.

Special mention to the away fans, who were great. As per.

Mourinho will be proud of his players tonight. He was being pragmatic. There was little reason to chase the game and risk a hammering. We have more pressing matters, namely the Europa League.

Would've made for a good spectacle, 11 v 11.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Even game up to the sending off, ref set out to make a name for himself (again) - Chelsea like diving .

Spending all the time defending and hoping for a late break would have meant extra-time which we didn't need.
Would have liked to have won beforehand but the ref ensured we wouldn't so not too upset we lost

Let's win the EL and get top 4

mu4c_20le

Nah I watched the whole thing smart arse. I know the commentators kept banging on about a good start from us but personally all I saw was a few attacks that went fecking nowhere.
Not trying to be smart mate, we dominated the game and looked like the home team in the first half. Jones made Kante look like a child in the first part of the game. We looked to continue the tempo in the second half but a series of bad fouls, on top of the repeated antics from Hazard and Costa, did us in.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Rojo was absolutely magnificent tonight. Tony V a close second - the guy just never stops. Young also excellent.

Stuck between making excuses for Pogba and just calling it what it is. Last week he couldn't play on a cabbage patch, before that he couldn't play in a 2, or in an advanced position, or without Carrick. Now he can't play when we're a man down. When exactly can we expect him to show up?

Still, pretty proud of them out there, no shame at all in losing to Chelsea with 10 men. Fancy us against them at OT in the league. Should be tasty.

kps88

To be honest, even before the sending off I was wondering how we were going to score a goal. We have zero goal threat without Zlatan.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Can't blame him if DDG wants to leave these shower of shites, this summer.

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 431 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 17% Chelsea 2:0 Man Utd
  • 16% Chelsea 1:2 Man Utd