Sun, 05 November 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Bad game. It's a long season, we need a good response in the next game. Pogba can't come back soon enough. Mourinho needs to construct a cohesive attacking routine for our forwards, they look clueless out there and the problem is exacerbated when we need to chase a goal.

No panic yet, apart from the 8 goal gap we are still ahead of the rest.

LoneStar

Pathetic performance in the second half. We got completely outplayed by Chelsea. 8 points from City, and I just can't see them losing.

Our attack seems extremely disjointed. Like the players are playing together for the first time. Can't string two passes together. No quick 1-2s. It's all and well when we are playing against a team that is parking the bus, but we have no hopes of winning the title if we don't win against the top 6.

Heard the commentators say that the last time that Jose won against the top 6 away was in 2014. 10 games : 5 draw and 5 losses. That is shocking for a manager of his pedigree. He really needs to change his outlook, or else we could once again be fighting for top 4 come end of the season.

Revan

Assumptionman
Also people criticizing the players all the time and saying they aren't good enough or what not. Nah. Put Pep in charge and he'd have us playing excellent, attacking football. Though one thing is for sure, he wouldn't buy someone so inept on the ball like Lukaku for fecking 75mil :lol: He's a good goalscorer but absolutely useless at everything else.
I have the fear that Lukaku will turn out to be exactly what I thought he is going to be. A good (with patches of very good) striker, but who won't ever be close to the best strikers in the world. His lack of ability on the ball will make sure about that.

Telegram Sam

The lack of proper quality™ on the ball and creativity in the final third is hilarious in comparison to the other top teams, and for the money that's been spent.

Not too fussed about the result, as us losing at Stamford Bridge every season is expected and the safest bet in football. We should definitely be able to finish second, but the title is easily City's to lose.

Last edited:

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
The 'Mourinho masterclass' against the big sides of defending and trying to nick a goal and win 1-0 actually works what 25% of the time now? The rest are draws or defeats like today's.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Last 3 away games: 6 shots on target.

Picked up 7 points from 15 after Pogba's injury. Unsure if we are really average or it's the manager.

Pyro19

5th successive season without a proper title challenge, it seems. Almost unthinkable for one of the richest clubs in the world.
That's what happens when you appoint David fecking Moyes and LVG after SAF. We're better than previously but not league winning good.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
One of the worst performances I can remember. Didn't deserve anything from the game.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Ungood.

Starting Mkhi who offers nothing when not in possession, leaving us with a 2 man midfield against Chelsea's 3 of Bakayoko, Kante and Fabregas (which became 4 when Hazard drifted in) was a mirror image of exactly what happened at Anfield. How did we expect this game to go any differently when Chelsea have a better defence and better attacking players to boot? I just don't understand what the plan is in these big away games. Anfield was a bust and we've tried to do the exact same thing again.

Obviously Pogba is a huge miss, but it's like we are just playing nobody in his place and allowing Mkhi to be the worst player on the pitch every week.

Chelsea could have bent us over if they wanted to. Fortunately for us, Bakayoko is godawful on the ball and everything he touched turned to shit.

hubbuh

I like Rom, but he's incredibly untidy and alarmingly bad at coming away with the ball in 50-50s. Given his size you'd expect the opposite. Morata didn't look that good aside from the goal so people need to pipe down and stop using this game to push their pathetic little agenda.

Disheartening performance again. Mkhi has hit rockbottom.

fellaini's barber

Well thing is, most of the players we are going to complain about are players we already know are average/crap for a while. Young, Fellaini, Lingard, Mkhi, Herrera etc who should all have been shipped off. We just keep persisting with them because we are United, the most patient,humane, accomodating, kindest club in the world

Son Of Sam

Deserved loss.

Don't understand the reasoning for starting with a 2 man midfield with the form Herrera and Micki are at the moment.
Who else does Jose have? We are too thin in the central midfield. I don’t know how Pogba can accept all this while pinching £300k/week from the club for the past 8 weeks.

He should be ready to take injections and play. If only for this game - and then have a 2 week rest. Many will blame Jose for this but he threw everything at Chelsea - but the quality in attack isn’t good enough.

edgecutter

Why is Mickey still getting playing time? I think that's the only complaint I can make at Jose, the fact that we continue with a 2 man midfield has caused us a huge amount of problems today.

Morata's goal is all on our defence. Where the feck were Smalling and Jones? That aside, the problems we have is a lack of an out and out winger at the mo. We have no one to take on a defender and produce an adequate cross for Lukaku.

Reactions: Sultan

snk123

Can the moaners stop moaning that the title is over. It's the 5th of Nov - get a fecking grip.

DevilRed

A fully fit Pogba and Zlatan would have changed the outcome of that game drastically. Nothing was sticking in midfield or up top today.
Never does at the bridge. Havent seen us play well there in years, if ever. Probably the only memorable moment was the darren fletcher goal.

Tapori

The absolute state of our midfield and attack. We look lost. Which is damning on Mourinho.
I love Mikhi but he's been awful.
Fellaini terrible.
Matic takes years to pick a pass.

Hell, McTominay would have been better in that 3.

Never got to see Rashford, Martial and Lukaku click with that shower of a midfield.

That Chelsea goal was deserved but so Jammy.

Rashford and Lukaku's attitude was good.

Again, attitude fine but ability and tacttics were god awful
Mourinho has to earn his bread; cant complain it's all on him. He cannot bore his way to title he has to improve the attack.
-
Chelsea were just incredible and they just grew stronger and stronger. Kante, Fabregas, Morata and Hazard were all on it.

crossy1686

career ending
That's what happens when you appoint David fecking Moyes and LVG after SAF. We're better than previously but not league winning good.
You missed the part where they gutted the club of players with winning mentalities and brought in bang average players from obscure leagues to replace them.

desmondisback

We aren't very good when it comes to playing football.
You know that thing where you pass the ball and make a bit of movement to receive the ball before making another slick pass etc.

LOL....you mean dynamic , creative moves using skill and inventiveness and speed? That thing where players freely express themselves and show what they can do? Combined with desire and heart to win the ball back and play with intensity and belief?

......haven't you forgotten? Mourinho is ANTI football!! Hoof it to Fellaini and hope for the best.

Seij

Outplayed in every outfield position. The scoreline flatters our performance. Chelsea clearly made the better signing with Morata. You can try to argue that Lukaku simply didn't get enough service but his general play was abysmal today whereas Morata looked threatening every time he had the ball with his much superior close control, pace, passing. Lukaku couldn't even shield the ball properly today, which is supposed to be a strength of his.

Kante completely outplayed Matic. Hazard and Fabregas ran circles around Herrera and Mkhitaryan. Azpilicueta showed all of our defenders how to defend and attack. Valencia continues to show how limited he is in attacking. Rashford tried hard but he does not have the finesse to get past tight defense.

It's a sad picture when we are at a point that we are hoping for Marouane Fellaini to save us, who comes on and almost donates two free goals to Chelsea while getting himself a yellow. We couldn't keep the ball for more than 3 seconds at a time and our only tactic was to hoof it to their defenders.

Absolutely need new players in January.

Triple.Threat

Jose fault for me was not doing a firesale. It was very obvious we lacked quality all over. United has the money and I wouldn't have called him a cheque-book managet has he done so.

Velncia, Darmain, Lingard, Smalling and the newly exposed Herrera and Miki aren't your PL winning caliber.

Slimcharles69

Supports
MK Dons
Played like absolute cowards today. No one to blame but the manager. The way we set up just left no room for any real creativity which left lukaku with absolutely no support. Hopefully pogba coming back will give us an attacking threat through the middle but we were trash

Donald Dodd

let me make my first out of three posts today count.i do believe without a doubt city will drop points,we just have to win ours.Jose needs to get back to how ruthless he was in terms of altering tactics and even subbing off players first half immediately he noticed his team was taking a battering during the Chelsea first stint era.There is too much delay in altering our style.it almost feels like lets hang on,nick a goal and go ultra defensive when we are taking a battering.Also we as fans,especially those able to go see matches need to without booing,let Henrik know his recent performancea have been piss poor.he needs to feed balls into lukaku,rashford or martial.rashford should quit taking corners.awful.just awful today.Jose is still the man but he needs to let the devil lose.we need to chant ATTACK attack attack like we used to during SAF's era when we were absolutely ripping teams a new bum hole.

Reactions: Sultan

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Looking forward to Pulis interview

K_Ash

the days of winning a title with a Carrick-Cleverley midfield are done. Have a Fellaini out there, unless you can get KDB + Silva+Sane+Sterling+ Aguero/Jesus on your team.

johanovic

We are lacking in so many positions:
Left back: No width and attacking from that flank.
Wingers: We need proper wingers or at least one on the right side
Attacking midfielder: Mata,Miki,Lingard are nowhere near good enough and that´s just there for everyone to see. Sell the lot of them and buy one class attacking midfielder and give young Gomes a chance before he run´s off to Barca in a similar way as Pogba did. I´m sure the young man would give us more than Miki as he´s just been dreadful after starting the season well.

Lukaku is like a lumberjack at times, bringing on Fellaini for Man Utd just baffles me as this guy should never be a United player. Hoofing the ball when chasing the game is never going to work and what about starting to play some football. This is painful to watch and we can not continue playing this way and watch City play the game in attacking way and leaving everyone in the dust. The bar has been raised and we better get a grip soon. Martial should start every game and please stop this nonsene playing 5 at the back.

Hasawi Red

This is all on Mou, he cant coach a team to play attacking football. United have always been pragmatic in big games, but only when in a bad spell of form ans espacially if playing against a rival team in amazing form.

This United is not pragmatic, this United is cowardly. Its sad towatch really because the worst part is Jose.... it doesn’t really work !

Dominos

Our players cannot string 2 passes together, it's embarassing. Can't control a ball, can't keep it, can't find a team mate.

Every game I lose count of the amount of times we gift it away whilst in "easy possession".

Sing you a song

Disappointed but not surprised they are a far better team than us
Cesc and Hazard head and shoulders above anything we had god we miss pogba !

Even playing 3 at the back Valencia doesn't overlap , no threat at all from the wings and nothing creative from CM
Why on earth is rashford taking corners he hits first man 4 out of 5 times

Lukaku diabolical first touch the honeymoon is over for him .
Herrera and matic did well defensively but Nothing going forward and why on earth mikhi is playing week in week out is beyond me he was anonymous again today

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
It's not difficult for Jose to improve our attacking play - he has the means to get someone else to deal with that part of things. If SAF knew we had a weakness he would address it by getting different personnel on his back room team if that was what was needed. There's absolutely nothing wrong with not knowing how to do everything. You hire people to help you.

We can't keep saying there's no quality up top. I bet we buy Neymar etc and we still would have the same problems. It's a question of tweaking the coaching at this point imho.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Tactics did not hurt us today. It was quality. We clearly did not park the bus we just couldn't play consistent enough to control the game. This is our top 6 level.
The tactics were at fault..like they have been for like all the big games. No patterns of play, just hoof the ball. Didn't you see the hoof-the-ball-to-fellaini in the end? You call these tactics? Why can't we play for once like Manchester United? Always trying to contain the opponent more than trying to play our football(frankly speaking we don't have any style). He can shove this 3 at the back up wherever he likes, disgraceful tactics against the big clubs.

How do you justify playing Mkhi every game? Contributes feck all and then we have loaning out Pereira who can create something out from midfield.

Lukaku had zero service today, against Liverpool, against Benfica away and all of the recent away games.

The cowardly tactics comes from the manager.

Unmutual

Who else does Jose have? We are too thin in the central midfield. I don’t know how Pogba can accept all this while pinching £300k/week from the club for the past 8 weeks.

He should be ready to take injections and play. If only for this game - and then have a 2 week rest. Many will blame Jose for this but he threw everything at Chelsea - but the quality in attack isn’t good enough.
Be serious. Its a hamstring injury, its not a matter of pain. Push your hamstring when its not ready and it tears, and then you're out for months.

El Zoido

Can the moaners stop moaning that the title is over. It's the 5th of Nov - get a fecking grip.
We look a really poor side though. It’s not that we lost it’s that we look so bad. This isn’t the quality of a title winning team, we don’t even look close.

CristianH

Supports
Inter Milan
I understand the plan. But it can not be executed with Miky and his level, either with Valencia or Ashley. Or Lukaku without being able to win a duel. It's enough against small teams, but not good enough against the top.

United has a large team, but is missing some key players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player Ratings

5.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 493 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results