PL D FA Premier League

Chelsea 2:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 20 October 2018

99withaflake

Mourinho has never lasted more than 3 seasons at any club let alone won any trophies after that time.
I don't see that as a criticism of Jose to be honest.

Leaving Porto to progress his career was the right thing to do after winning two league titles, the Champions League and the UEFA Cup.

At Chelsea, Real Madrid and Inter, there hasn't been a single manager who managed more than 3 seasons since Jose departed. Not one.

He managed more games than everyone in this list:
  • Grant
  • Scolari
  • Hiddink
  • Ancelotti
  • Villas-Boad
  • Di Matteo
  • Benitez
  • Conte
  • Zidane
  • Ranieri
  • Stramaccioni
  • Mazzarri
  • de Boer
  • Pioli
Unfortunately people use the 3 season thing against Jose forgetting that football has changed, and that most clubs don't have a manager for more than 3 years these days.

Even at our club, his two two predecessors lasted only one season and two.

EDIT: I better say something about the Chelsea match to keep it on topic. We played terrible in the first half and really well in the second. Hope they can start putting it together for 90 mins.

Last edited:

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
Plus we didn't sit back! We pressured them high in midfield and broke straight onto their back 4 at times.
Its a strange accusation to make.
"at times" is correct. Watch the game again and the majority of the game Utd defended on the halfway line or maybe 5-10yds into the Chelsea half.

Utd had their best moments when they did press. It's a tough call for Jose to make as Utds defense seems to be the weak link. If you sit off at least you've got 11 men behind the ball but if you press you leave yourself open. On balance I think Utd will have more success if they press. Why they take half a match to do this is probably a Jose thing. He instils into the players that they mustn't lose and this makes them tentative in possession. They need the freedom to express themselves. Utd have the players to play an attacking game. Play Mata more.

Mata opened up Luiz who made a terrible error for the goal and Martial was excellent. Some posters are complaining about the 6 mins. To be honest I thought the ref gave 7 mins and Chelsea scored in the 6th. It was the Rashford injury/substitution that put quit a bit of time on. The crowd were going mad and the ref correctly added time. There was time wasting and with the subs and the goals I thought 7 mins was about right. Sorry guys, I know it's a choker but we've all been on the wrong side of that at some point. Fergie time?

On balance it was the right result and at least Utd have something to build on.

cyberman

@blue blue
I wasn't talking about the entire game, its how we played after the so called defensive subs.
They weren't defensive at all.

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 387 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% Chelsea 2:0 Man Utd