LC W League Cup Round of 16

Chelsea 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 30 October 2019

BestRed

Excellent win, some great performances, well done boys!!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Get in! Didnt expect us to beat them again. Brilliant from Rashford but all around a very mature performance. Barely gave a chance away, clinical ourselves. We didnt really look like conceding either.

We're a big game team.

meamth

Rashford just hitting top form...and then took a knock. Why always the same pattern??

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
So damn happy.

When's the draw? Please let City and Pool play each other:D

caid

A lot of tired looking players in the second half. Same as against Liverpool really. Bit of a pity we didn't take the opportunity to rest a few more. Maybe a bit of conditioning wouldn't hurt James mind you. Nice to get the win even if i dont care much for the cup this year.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I just can't get over Fred, Scott and William's engines. It's really mind-boggling seeing Fred pressing opposition boxes in the 85th minute.

Would love to see them do the beep test

siw2007

For me, this game was a free hit but it was a great game and what an amazing free kick from Rashford!

slored1

Very good win. Hopefully we can build on that defensive performance, apart from the goal Chelsea didn't get a sniff.

The White Pele

I still think we should have rested a few more but enjoyed that!

Definitely building the confidence back.

baskinginthesun

Satisfying performance. Always great to win at the Bridge. 3 away wins in row, lets keep the run going.

Judas

Open to offers
Now that's more like it. Good game plan, and made the needed changes to take back control when it was beginning to get lost in the second half.

Probably the first time this season we've actually looked well organised and in general a good team.

Crashoutcassius

even when we don't look pretty going forward, we really have the ability to kill the opponent's gameplan. I don't remember any team playing brilliantly against us this season.
Nobody has made anything against us. Hard to predict ole as a solid defensive manager... more likely phelan factor tbf

redcafe_reader

Very good games. Chelsea didn't look dangerous at all, beside few half chances. I think it's very clear the way Ole want us to play and I like that.

MrBrightside1989

Solid performance overall. Mctominay continues to impress me in midfield and Fred looked alright too. Williams looks like he has potential and we finally scored a penalty. Overall decent night, never really created many chances but positive overall.

Reddy09

Good display and win. Williams should be starting ahead of Shaw and Young.
What are the odds of City getting Colchester or Oxford:drool:?

paulscholes18

Very good win, hope that Rashford, Maguire, Lindelof & Rojo will be fit for Saturday though, if not Bournemouth will be a very tricky game

soralapio

Good performance.

Williams is looking better by the minute and was really good today. With him and Wan-Bissaka United have two fullbacks who can defend, but also bomb up the wings with insane pace when needed.
McTominay also continues to put in excellent performances. Bossed the midfield today, made some crucial challenges and interceptions and would've been my MotM had it not been for that Rashford free kick.
James is also improving steadily, and is looking to be a steal.

Really, really happy with that. Definite signs of life in this team yet, and it will be even better once the likes of Lingard are replaced with decent footballers.

Reactions: Sultan

always_hoping

Delighted with that win. Three away wins in a row after that awful run :cool: A goal good enough to win any game. I did say before the match that Chelsea have been nothing great at home this season. Ole loves knocking Chelsea out of cup competitions in Stamford Bridge :D

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Another morale boosting result making it 3 in a row.

Regardless of other issues or discussions, OGS deserves alot credit for retaining his self belief.

Alemar

Fred is definitely getting better. Obviously no longer shite, and his partnership with McTominay is developing well.

Abysmal performance from Lingard, yet again. And good experience for Brandon

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
With the help of a bent ref, a suspect penalty and a freak free kick your old pros did scrape, foul and time waste their way to a narrow win against our brave kids.

Nah, we were shit first half, better second bit not good enough on the night.

McTom and Williams should both have been sent off though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Good win, albeit one where we were pretty much at full available strength and they weren't.

However, sod it, we need this, and a cup run is just what the doc ordered.

Let's hope for a better draw in the next round!

Flying_Heckfish

Lovely win.

It's hard to gauge exactly given it was the league cup, but there were some good performances on an individual level.

I was also very impressed with the way we bounced back after Chelsea scored. Some nice game management from Ole this time out.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Excellent result.

Was in full control from start to finish really. Full credit to Solskjaer and the coaching team for the set-up.
What a free-kick from Rashford.

Bring on Bournemouth.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Thought they were edging it as the better side but will take a knock out win at the Bridge. 3 important away wins, and a good performance versus Liverpool. Hope Ole builds further in his next few games. Just need to stay injury free.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Rashford just hitting top form...and then took a knock. Why always the same pattern??
He didn't go down the tunnel for treatment so I'm hopeful. Think he'll probably be on the bench for Bournemouth if he has a slight knock

MonkeysMagic

Impressed with William's, looks a better deal then Shaw. Some confidence returning and results improving will do that but injuries threatening to derail us once again.

Deserve a good draw but of course wont get one!

Shiva87

Mctominnay is getting very very good. He bossed the middle today after being on a yellow card. Playing with Fred is like playing alone! Another chicken in the headlights game from him.

Good win. Not convinced with our chances created but 2 good goals. Positive run from James and what a free kick!

If we pick up a few more wins and get the confidence up, we should be much better when Pogba comes back.

Onwards and upwards. Back to the league now. Big game on the weekend. Win that and the team should have some serious momentum on their side (for a change).

Happy that Ole didn't go all youth with this one.

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 355 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 21% Chelsea 2:1 Man Utd
  • 18% Chelsea 1:2 Man Utd