FA W FA Cup Semi-Final

Coventry City 3:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 21 April 2024

Paul778

Why are we so bad in the last 20 minutes of a game. If it's not tactics, is it lack of conditioning? We must have set a record for most penalties after 90 minutes and goals conceded in extra time.
Physically we aren't great but a lot of it is mental. Lots of time on Sky and MOTD they have picked out players jogging or walking when they should be sprinting. The "can't be arsed" attitude is an epidemic. If you see Casemiro strolling as a senior role model in the team it starts there and everyone in the team sees it. In his role he should be bawling at players.

Gause

Watching our team this season has been really exhausting. And depressing.

RuudTom83

United just love to entertain the neutrals.

3-0 cruising in the 70 minute…to then collectively crap the bed is some feat worthy of admiration.

Not quite sure how you could blame a manager for such a turnaround. But the players outdid themselves today.

JohnnyBravoMcFred

Wow, It was embarressing to win in that way. A bunch of bottlejobs, with no mentality at all. Rotten from top to bottom. The end of this shambles is nowhere near.

Wrecking ralf

To come back and win that at 3-3, what character from the lads. I’d put that up there with Barcelona 99

Jacko21

Dave Brailsford is going to have to tap his network of contacts to get this squad some serious psychological input.

What a drain this season has been.

erikcred

Missed all of second half and ET and see this is the score. Wtf happened to us. Is it worth watching a replay? Surely their goals were all jammy triple deflections?

redmanx

Onana and Harry were good.
Bruno and Dalot ok.
Rest were absolute garbage.
Onana did well, apart from the fact that he clearly has no concept of time and was trying waste time with more than 20 minutes still to play! Dalot was very good, as was Maguire and Wan Bissaka. Casemiro did a good job but why oh why did ETH take Mainoo off? Rashford was a waste of a shirt.

Prodigy24

I don't want to sound over the top or anything but that was some of the worst stuff I've seen in all of my years as a United fan. I've been so mentally scarred from this season, and especially the Chelsea game, that I don't even react to anything that happens after the 90th minute. When Coventry scored the fourth goal, I instead started to laugh. It's a very weird feeling, being embarrassed to reach a cup final.

There are some serious issues with this team and the new board has to deal with it either tomorrow or in the summer. Lot's of people has to go, staff and players included.

RomfordRed75

Only this United side could make an FA Cup semi final win make you feel so flat

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Feels like a loss, genuinely couldn’t celebrate the win after witnessing that.

Enough is enough. Ten Hag has to go.

Gator Nate

We just won a penalty shootout.

We just made the FA Cup final.

It's tournament ball, and I said I don't care how we win, so long as we win. So...

I really hope we can pull off the upset over 115 Charges FC in the same fashion. Especially now that they've been knocked out of the CL as well.

kerrygold

Supports
united
We just won a penalty shootout.

We just made the FA Cup final.

It's tournament ball, and I said I don't care how we win, so long as we win. So...

I really hope we can pull off the upset over 115 Charges FC in the same fashion. Especially now that they've been knocked out of the CL as well.
We are soft as cotton. What’s the football equivalent of ptsd?

Gazautd18

Embarrassing that was.
Typically played alright for 20 - 30 mins then predictably turned to shit.
Well done to Coventry though.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Missed all of second half and ET and see this is the score. Wtf happened to us. Is it worth watching a replay? Surely their goals were all jammy triple deflections?
I mean, kinda, but they also deserved to score them as they massively outfought us from the second they scored the first.

BootsyCollins

Onana did well, apart from the fact that he clearly has no concept of time and was trying waste time with more than 20 minutes still to play! Dalot was very good, as was Maguire and Wan Bissaka. Casemiro did a good job but why oh why did ETH take Mainoo off? Rashford was a waste of a shirt.
Forgot Mainoo, he was good to. I dont think AWB plays good on the left at all and he is way to often out of position for me.
Casemiro is already in Saudi me thinks.

ScholesyTheWise

It's going to be even more embarrassing when City are going to win 2-0 in the final while on second gear...
I'd rather they tried their best, won 5-0 or what have you,

than make it look like a practice match of offense vs defense and make do with a low score.

Woodzy

Even in scoring the 3 goals we were always only in second gear. We completely underestimated our opponents and when they stepped up we could handle it.

erikcred

I mean, kinda, but they also deserved to score them as they massively outfought us from the second they scored the first.
Feck me. City will be rubbing their hands in glee, knowing that even if we lead, they just have to put us under serious pressure for a brief stint and that'll be that. Wait a sec, they already know that from experience.

Anyway, knowing that we won, it'll be easier to bite the bullet and put myself through a replay. Probably our last win in an FA cup fixture under ETH.

Barnslig

How is that a penalty against AWB when yesterday's farce against Grealish is not? It's mashed at him from a shorter distance, and actually hits his upper arm/shirt sleeve. VAR is an absolute joke.

Jonty

Ten Hag playing Rashford from the start is a straight up handicap, taking off Mainoo was suicidal.

henrysquire

It was entertaining and that's what football should be about. Much rather that than some 1-0 borefest.

Red Regista

Worst United team since SAF left, bunch of losers. Biggest fraud of a manager I have ever seen, he should be coaching Wolfsburg or Trondheim, has absolutely no business managing a club like United.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
An utter disgrace. Still fuming.

hobbers

Nice that he's looking forward to once again shitting his pants in the first 15 seconds, flying into a 50/50 and missing the ball by 10 yards, causing us to concede the fastest goal in a final ever, and spendin the rest of the game racing to get sent off.

whitbyviking

Rashford; the place attacks go to die.

I was out this afternoon, endured a tedious gathering with no internet/phone activity and saw the match on a watch again. Utterly diabolical. They literally walked through us from the start of the second half and they had decent chances in the first. We are so poor I multiple positions.

JG3001

Huh? Both were the right calls.
the handball was a 50/50 decision and highlights the lack of consistency in applying the law (looking at the Grealish decision yesterday), for me it’s harsh. Regarding the offside, whilst I agree, If we’re giving offside for being a toe offside then it defeats the purpose off the game

Man of the Match

Harry Maguire image Harry Maguire 33% of 213 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 223 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Coventry win
  • Draw