PL W FA Premier League

Crystal Palace 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 14 December 2016

Raw

Unbeaten in 9 games which is good to see. If we can start converting more of our chances we're golden!

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Going to be a tough match against West Brom. They should have got something against Chelsea.

LouisDanGaal

Unbeaten in 9 games which is good to see. If we can start converting more of our chances we're golden!
I didn't realise we had gone that long, far too many draws still, but its always good to be hard to beat

Fracture90

This was definitely because Sissoko made Darmian his bitch in the last match and Mourinho was worried Zaha would expose him tonight, I think playing Bailly there was a great call personally.

Fantastic win and thoroughly deserved. Have to keep this up now and win our next 3 before Christmas, no excuses!
I meant he should have played Darmian on the right since he already opted for Blind on the right.

In all fairness Sissoko was fresh from the bench whilst Darmian was already fatigued.

Coops73

Ok, I hate commenting on games straight after because I've more often than not had a few beers but I'll make an exception here.

Not the greatest game you'll see but there was certainly determination and you could see what it meant to the players at the end.

Whatever the whys and wherefores of the game, we deserved that, a hard fought away victory at a shit little ground with it's arsewipe fans, let's take it to the Hawthorns which I think will be much tougher and bring that determination and fight in equal measure.

GwilDor

I think a couple of people are of the same mindset about Pogba. In my books he won us the game. Careless passes don't really add up to that much and didn't hurt us. Whereas the two good things he did had a huge impact. It far overshadows any poor bits of play.
My point is that wether it cost us anything in the end or not, his performance should be judged the same. To flip it from the other side; Is his pass to Zlatan better because it ended up being a goal? Would it not have been just as good a pass if Zlatans shot went wide?

Raw

I didn't realise we had gone that long, far too many draws still, but its always good to be hard to beat
Could go further back and say that since we lost those 3 games in a row earlier this season we've gone on to lose 2 in 19 (Chelsea and Fenerbahce). Too many draws of course, but not too bad either way.

donkeyfish

That shit journo should get a stern message, totally unacceptable. Class responses by Mou though, love it!

Dunno what the rest of you think about Pogba in this game. He had a goal and an assist, but beside those two situations he was quite horrific imo. Lots of unpressured personal mistakes. I understand that the goal+assist makes people vote him MoM, but for me he was way too inconsistent today!
He also had a great chip to Rooney in the first half, and a great run for a volley around 7-8 yards out from a Carrick pass. Directly part of 4 chances. I agree he was inconsistent, but his positive contributions was quite a bit more than "just" the goal and the assist.

SirScholes

even when we won i'm furious with mourinho. this coward has to stop this fecking 1:0 managing. it almost cost us again if it wouldnt be the brilliance of pogba and zlatan.

go for the god damn killer goal
I don't get this at all? We pressed for the second

BIGbadBOO4

I'm happy we won a game where we dominated. Pogba can be lazy but boy can he pass, and he has great technique. Great finish for the winner by Zlatan. Rojo very lucky again, glad he did not injury Zaha. Like others have said Rojo needs pulling aside and being told to cut out these 2 footed tackles. No place in football.

kidbob

One thing I like is that we are usually the better side in most games now. We're creating more chances and playing better football. I feel like Jose needs to shed the protecting the lead mentatlity and realise we aren't his Chelsea squad, we are much better playing on the front foot. Still some individuals who need to step up but we are finally seeing progress.

Shout out to Ibra and Pogba who finally repaid my loyalty on fantasy football.

I'm content about our situation right now, knowing there's more to come from the likes of Pogba, Martial, Rashford, Mata, Rooney and Shaw. Onwards and upwards.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
can someone put that photo from BT of offside:

1. It is taken from right side, not in the line.
2 CP player in the air while Mata is running and they said it is offside.

Can someone put CP player on the grass, and then we will see if it was offside.

Alexrad

Supports
Red Star Belgrade
Oh my...I was in a state of shock after those back to back ref decisions robbing us of penalty and a goal, I was already thinking what will Jose say after the match now cause that was unreal to witness. That handball was the most blatant penalty in the entire season that I saw but ref somehow didn't see it.

Incredibly important 3 points. That celebration in the end, Pogba was screaming and clenching his fists, you could see how much it meant to him. And to everyone else, Jose out with players, everyone hugging, it felt so great. Emphatic.

Positives...Pogba was immense. Ibra as well. Jones becoming everything we hoped for. De Gea with incredible save. Team staying focused and trying even after those ridiculous decisions against us. 3 points and still in catching distance from top 4.

Negatives...We can't keep inviting teams to pressure us once we take a lead. It keeps happening. We don't have proper wing options beside Mikhy and Martial. Mata is not a winger, he's wasted there. Rooney even less so. Rashford...just not playing well at all. Lingard simply not good enough, decent pace and workrate and that's it. Anonimous 90% of the time. Martial needs to play on the left 24/7, even when he's not playing well he's still offering more than anyone else down that side. Multiple times today just his pace alone would open some avenues for us. Having Valencia back will help the right side a bit but we need Mikhy back...That area of the team needs strengthening...maybe even in January. Bailly injury scare...Royo having a difficult game, reckless start. Blind too slow...we had no width what so ever.

Onwards to WBA, Carrick will probably sit that one out, it's in less than 3 days and he played so much. Positive is that WBA is less of an attacking threat so we might be able to do ok without him shielding the back 4. Pogba a bit back and Mata at #10 position would be my choice there. Darmian left...or Blind, weakness either way. Shaw playing well would offer so much for us at the moment. Martial simply has to play.

GwilDor

He also had a great chip to Rooney in the first half, and a great run for a volley around 7-8 yards out from a Carrick pass. Directly part of 4 chances. I agree he was inconsistent, but his positive contributions was quite a bit more than "just" the goal and the assist.
Good points, goes a way to prove i might overemphasize his poor contributions. I still think people put too much value on the, randomly or not, match-deciding situations when considering a performance.

Oneunited26

The consistency in our spine continues too , still question marks who plays has the central CB pairing, but? we need martial and miki fit, just to give us more acceleration and creativity if we going to push on for that top 4. Do not want to see rooney and mata out wide too much, to slow and its too much relying on pogba and herrera to be the pace in the team. Its a relief we got those 3 points, when we get ahead we got to push on kill these games, gone of the days of 1-0 every week, teams always find a way. Jones has been a huge surprise, while everyone thinks smalling is the go to guy, jones rises out of the ashes. We slowly getting there, we just need more ruthless aggression

LouisDanGaal

My point is that wether it cost us anything in the end or not, his performance should be judged the same. To flip it from the other side; Is his pass to Zlatan better because it ended up being a goal? Would it not have been just as good a pass if Zlatans shot went wide?
The actual important thing is impact on the game, that's how you decide a motm award. its like when someone was asking should mkhi have passed instead of shooting for his goal at the weekend, the answer is no because he scored and it was a great finish but if he puts it into row Z questions get asked. If Pogba gives the ball away in genuinely dangerous positions a couple of times ( I don't think he loses it much in dangerous positions) then it goes against him, and if they score it goes against him even more. In reality his impact on the game was not particularly great pass accuracy which means very little and a goal and an assist. The pass has more of an impact because it becomes a goal but its also still a great piece of work on the ball before then but yes with the finish it becomes better as it has a larger impact on the game.

minoo-utd

A very important win, we won it at the dying mins whic is always feel like us, good un beaten run too, but we need to improve for our next game West Brom will be a different story IMO. Pogba was not at his best lost too many balls and yet he scored and made a great assist, really wish to see his best.

SalfordRed1960

Great result, but still meh is so many aspects. Really let Palace back into the game, just don't get it. Very sloppy at times, but at least we saw a reaction to Palace equalizing. That is probably the positive to take from this.

LouisDanGaal

Could go further back and say that since we lost those 3 games in a row earlier this season we've gone on to lose 2 in 19 (Chelsea and Fenerbahce). Too many draws of course, but not too bad either way.
The Fenerbache game still annoys me. Chelsea not so much as they just are a lot better than us currently.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I'm a very happy man today. If we can just get past the Baggies at the weekend, we'll be laughing. Good solid performance all round. That Ibra signing already looking an excellent bit of business! Bit miffed about Bailly but at least we're winning games.

Peanut Butter

We went for the winner so hard.

The team mentality is getting there.

Mourinho is building a great team.
Couldn't agree more.

If people can't see an improvement on the shower of shite we were consistently serving up for the previous 3 seasons then I don't know what to say.

Give Jose time and the resources and he will deliver.

lewwoo

This Jake Humphries hates us or what? Constantly on our case for everything!
The guy's a kids tv presenter. Knows as much about football as I know about kid's tv post 80s. I wouldn't take anything he says seriously.

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 540 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 29% Crystal Palace 0:2 Man Utd
  • 23% Crystal Palace 1:2 Man Utd