PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 4:0 Crystal Palace

Post-match discussion

Sat, 30 September 2017

JohnnyKills

Can't argue with the result but it was a pretty flat and sloppy performance in the second half. We could have had even more, Palace were dire!

The lack of a quality number 10 could really hurt us against the best teams. We're still resorting to hoofball far too often when we've got the ball in deeper areas. Would be great to have a Silva/De Bruyne-type player to stitch the play together for us.

That said, we're clearly going places and are going to be hard to stop. Lukaku and Matic look like fantastic buys and when we get Pogba back we really will be strong.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Should have been a lot more, but you’d take a 4-0 after Wednesday night Russia trip. And it was my only correct score and result on super six this week.

Robbie Boy

Delighted with that. The numbers of goals / assists that Lukaku, Rashford and Martial are racking up is crazy. Fair play to Fellaini who had a very good game too. I'm not a huge Smalling fan but can't fault him today. Very good afternoons work.

Canagel

Crystal Palace were beaten before the game started. They are a very poor side but the fear factor is back guys.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Yet another laboured Mourinho shitefest where Utd somehow scrape a 4-0 win.

MDFC Manager

Easy win, some great performances in it.

Mikhitaryan's a worry. Smalling is, too. But he's not good enough anyway.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Routine. Don't think we played that well or looked a huge threat, but a deserved 4-0 being a routine result is a sign that you're a pretty fecking good team now. Next few games will be tough though. Liverpool away, benfica away, 2 easyish away games then spurs, benfica and chelsea. The true test for us lies there. Honestly for the first 10 games in all comps, it's pretty in line with what I expected from us (and anyone who should be aiming for the title with the fixtures we have). Thing is the past few years, this is where we dropped a lot of points (not necessarily today, but many games in our last 10). So it's encouraging.

AshRK

Top performance. It's great how casually we score 4 goals now. Should have scored 6, missing some easy chances but glad we didn't concede any. Now onto city /chelsea

Bobski

Solid, do not know about the rest of you, but I am just about ready for a real match. Real season starts after this international break, excited to see how they respond to it, could really not have asked for a better start to the season. The squad looks strong, everyone contributing, key signings look at home, players who needed to improve are doing so.

snk123

What's with the sarcastic Mourinho out comments - who in their right minds even wants that?

Scarecrow

Having a week off
We thrash a team without any issues and the average rating is 6.9. Miserable bunch :lol:

Dave46

I think it's safe to say, CP will get relegated. They are not going to be able to turn this around, although, they initiated some good attacking plays in the second half. 0-7 record, o goals. Wow.

Shimo

Amazing to be bored by a 4-0 game but, we are so good this season in these games that we can just stroll through them. Thought we'd at least get 5 against them. Now hope for a good international break for our players.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
It truly is incredible the level of form this season. 4-0 seeming routine when struggled to get a goal last season at times. Defence is incredible.

Add the fact this is after an away game in Russia and without some key players and it just defies all previous complaints and excuses.

This season it's simply keep going, no excuses allowed! Credit to Jose, he truly has put United back on the map.

rtr

We thrash a team without any issues and the average rating is 6.9. Miserable bunch :lol:
6.9 sounds lame, but in the world of statistics, I'm sure it's pretty strong. In any case, Palace were rubbish apparently (I didn't see it), didn't need to be awesome to win 4-0

wolvored

We seemed laboured today and if Palace had have had a pair of shooting boots between them they might have got their elusive ball. Goal aside Lukaku was poor. Lets hope it was down to the trip back from Russia. 4-0 4 times now, lets go 5-0 the next 5 times!:)

Ban

City scored 5 past this lot. Gd will make a huge difference and it seems we're far away from them.

vodrake

I think I heard the commentator say we've matched our best start to the season in the Premier League, 19 pts out of the first 7 games.

It took us till the 19th November to reach 19 points last season

peridigm

We have to be getting close to our total tally under LVGs entire season.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Best I've seen crystal palace play this season, game raising cnuts.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
City scored 5 past this lot. Gd will make a huge difference and it seems we're far away from them.
It most likely won't make any difference. It rarely does. And we literally have the same GD as them. How are we far away?

Player Ratings

6.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 594 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 31% Man Utd 4:0 Crystal Palace
  • 28% Man Utd 3:0 Crystal Palace