PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 4:0 Crystal Palace

Post-match discussion

Sat, 30 September 2017

Ban

It most likely won't make any difference. It rarely does. And we literally have the same GD as them. How are we far away?
They play better. They're massively better . First top team will comfortably beat us.

OK I'll stop.

Sterling Archer

Best I've seen crystal palace play this season, game raising cnuts.
I think anyone feeling unsatisfied with our performance needs to hear this. Particularly after a trip to Russia, great win. Great momentum heading into the break.

carlosp

Incredible! 10 different Manchester United scorers in the league. Highest in the league.

Bailly, Valencia, Pogba, Lingard, Fellaini, Mkhitaryan, Lukaku, Martial, Rashford, Mata

JohnnyKills

Delighted with that. The numbers of goals / assists that Lukaku, Rashford and Martial are racking up is crazy. Fair play to Fellaini who had a very good game too. I'm not a huge Smalling fan but can't fault him today. Very good afternoons work.
Yeah Fellaini had an excellent game. Smalling's distribution is crap but defensively he's really solid. He'd probably be the best CB in the squad if he played for Liverpool.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
The only surprise is you didn't score more than 4, I genuinely expected a 6-0 or more. This must be what you all meant by you'll miss Pogba, you might have got 5 :D

Well done for not being the first to concede vs Palace, I bet no team wants that honour this season.

JohnnyKills

I think it's safe to say, CP will get relegated. They are not going to be able to turn this around, although, they initiated some good attacking plays in the second half. 0-7 record, o goals. Wow.
Yeah they're going to have to find Europa League-level form and maintain it for the whole season to get out of this. 40 points from 31 games is a huge ask.

Can easily see them making another managerial change before the end of the season. Hodgson looks like he's accepted relegation already.

They should offer to make Allardyce the highest-paid manager in world football to get him back!

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Can't have any complaints after such a great start to the season. Well, have one. Feckin international break.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
We're cursed.
Any Palace fans on this forum?
They're right up there with the worst sides ever in this league.
Would be incredible if they avoid the drop.
I believe in the other divisions below, that the record holders for longest stretch without a goal to start the season all AVOIDED the drop. Bizarre stat if true but NBC was talking about it during the broadcast.

As for United, I honestly can't remember us being this dominant in years. Incredible stuff, just wait till we fill out our ranks with Pogba and Zlatan too

Ban

The only surprise is you didn't score more than 4, I genuinely expected a 6-0 or more. This must be what you all meant by you'll miss Pogba, you might have got 5 :D

Well done for not being the first to concede vs Palace, I bet no team wants that honour this season.
you're are a Liverpool fan but I like you.

JohnnyKills

They play better. They're massively better . First top team will comfortably beat us.

OK I'll stop.
Not sure if you're WUMming or not but City are comfortably better than us. We've improved massively but they're a couple of steps ahead - we still need a top-quality playmaker and LB. Reckon they'll win the league by 10 points. Hope I'm wrong though!

Esquire

Just another day at the office. Palace were never going to be a threat, such a sweet way to go into the international break.

Fellaini MOTM, but not one player was below par really. Give Mkhi a pass, he played in Russia as well.

Our squad players are stepping up in Pogba's absence. Some playing through knocks and injuries, excellent attitude and spirit within the squad.
Like Miki but thought he was very poor today, lacked that sharpness and never connecting on passes. Hasn't been at his best since a very fast start. Perhaps he needs to be on the bench and Mata being given a go in the no.10 role...

Otherwise a very good game from everyone. The big Afro deserves to start in front of Herrera at the moment, but Ander did a very good job coming on and controlled the tempo.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Fellaini was good, but Rashford though!
That kid is insane! MotM for me, by quite a margin.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Job done. 4-0 is becoming a routine score line, which is a good thing.

Some tired performances but we still won easily enough. Can't complain about that.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Incredible! 10 different Manchester United scorers in the league. Highest in the league.

Bailly, Valencia, Pogba, Lingard, Fellaini, Mkhitaryan, Lukaku, Martial, Rashford, Mata
Given the finishing issues from last few seasons, this is th biggest and most pleasing improvement this season. Quite astonishing

Zlatattack

That third goal wasn't a cross, that was a shot aimed at Fellaini's face... Lol

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Bookies will start giving smaller odds for 4-0 than 2-0 at this rate
I picked 4-0 before the match, shocking that not everyone did, to be honest.
We win 4-0 against bad teams this year, that's just how it is.
Expecting 4-0 vs Liverpool

TehRed

De Gea - 6 - Didn't have a whole lot to do, but did it without incident when required.
Valencia - 7 - A good performance, tackled well and linked up well. Still no left foot.
Smalling - 6 - Still not the best on the ball or when required to think but did well in the air.
Jones - 7 - Another good performance, reading the game well and reacting well.
Young - 7 - A threat going forward, good crossing, and worked hard. Another good game.
Fellaini - 8 - Good positioning for his goals, tackled and pressed well, executing his role well.
Matic - 7 - Spread the ball well, his longer passing worked really well today. Solid.
Mata - 7 - Typical finish for the opening goal, good work rate too today. Did well.
Mkhitaryan - 6 - Didn't have his passing boots on today. Could have done more.
Rashford - 8 - Worked hard, used his pace well, adding assists to his game too now.
Lukaku - 6 - Hold-up play was patchy at times, missed a great chance, but still got a goal.

Lingard - 6 - Didn't do much, good leave for Lukaku's goal, needs to contribute more.
Herrera - 7 - Got about well, tackled effectively, and passed well. Good cameo.
Martial - 8 - He's becoming almost unplayable and his crossing is coming along nicely.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
That’s why it’s ridiculous. Because he made it look so easy.
But it is very easy. He showed composure and confidence but the move itself was as simple as it gets. Townsend's lunge helped to make it look as cool as it did.

Ban

Not sure if you're WUMming or not but City are comfortably better than us. We've improved massively but they're a couple of steps ahead - we still need a top-quality playmaker and LB. Reckon they'll win the league by 10 points. Hope I'm wrong though!
Don't agree. A bit better maybe. Comfortably no nor they have proved that anyway.

Paul_Scholes18

Really good performance I think. An excellent week for us. Our defense did really well. Rashford played great. Only players that didn't perform that well today were Matic, Lukaku and Mkhitaryan. Can understand that after all games they played. They still did alright. The "injured" players did really well .

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Chelsea got 16 points v the other top 6 last season. We got 11. They finshed miles ahead of us.

That stat alone shows how important it is to beat the "lesser" teams.

Bobski

Yeah Fellaini had an excellent game. Smalling's distribution is crap but defensively he's really solid. He'd probably be the best CB in the squad if he played for Liverpool.
Lindelof would probably be the best CB in the squad if he played for Liverpool. They are atrocious at the back, would not want any of their defenders near our squad.

Smalling is very limited on the ball but as a pure defender he is one of the best in the league.

carlosp

Lingard - 6 - Didn't do much, good leave for Lukaku's goal, needs to contribute more.
I actually think Lingard got a slight touch on the ball that went to Lukaku to score. In the replay, you see the ball slightly change and slow down. Was slight touch though.

Player Ratings

6.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 594 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 31% Man Utd 4:0 Crystal Palace
  • 28% Man Utd 3:0 Crystal Palace