PL W FA Premier League

Crystal Palace 2:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Mon, 05 March 2018

Bobski

Old style Utd game, replete with rage, bewilderment, then a comeback and it all turns.

So much wrong with that performance but they steadied after the Smalling goal and deserved to win in the end.

Pogba in 2 against Pogba in a 3 shown up for what it is tonight, embarrassing first half in a 3, played like it mattered in the second. All on him to become a proper player instead of a sideshow.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Obviously the knives were being sharpened during the game by fans and journalists alike but it’s the kind of comeback that we came to expect under Fergie.

So no, to the disappointment of some, the narrative isn’t that the players have given up and don’t care about a fight for second place, which is a handy prologue to the next game...

prateik

That second half was fun.
I dont understand why we sit back so much.. It's understandable against the top sides, but there is no reason to start so slow against teams in the bottom half. Once we were forced to attack, we did really well.

Injury time winners are extra fun. What a goal to win it too.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Shoot out to Kasper Vikestad. Hope he's ok after that scream.

And Matic, what a goal :lol:

yamo123x

Mentality was wrong at the start. No urgency or passion and I do not understand why we allow other teams on to us. However the smalling goal came at the right time and DDG save from benteke was brilliant

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Got out of jail there. Still need serious work on the training ground, but at least they had the balls to come back. Thought Mata made a big difference, keeping calm on the ball. Smalling was good second half too I thought. Sanchez doesnt look right at all though, thought he was our worst player today.

Dross first half though, as bad as we have been all season.
Now that you say it, so true about Mata. A player i give a lot of stick to, Rashford also played a part.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
We have some fantastic attackers, unleash them Jose you seen what they can do with some intent.

TsuWave

didn't like the performance but important win. winning like that used to be our trademark, to always believe we can turn it around/make something happen.

second come back in a row too, good stuff

Siorac

Last 30 minutes were great fun. Let's not play like we had during the preceding hour against Liverpool. Please.

But yeah, great comeback. Lukaku's goal was funny as feck.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Classic United. Shades of Blackpool (a) 2011 or Villa (a) 2013. Is it safe to say it looks like the comeback kings might be on the comeback?

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
What a fecking hit Matic you beautiful beautiful man

Eriku

That winner really caught me off guard... holy feck!

Horrendous first half, second half the ref was an absolute bitch but we clearly showed a lot more determination, even if we still kept making some silly mistakes.

I'll echo what most people are saying... takes me back to Fergie days :drool:

feck all of Matic's haters, btw.

Flying_Heckfish

Delighted to win but it was an awful performance which highlighted all the flaws in this team.

We got lucky that a makeshift palace team ran out of steam, huge improvement needed against Liverpool and Sevilla.
For sure, if we start like that against Liverpool it'll be 4 or 5.

But let's enjoy the comeback for the moment!

Kerniuslink

Supports
Vilnius Zalgiris
What a game!

Been a rather terrible first half, thought Mourinho was outsmarted by Hodgson, but my oh my, what a second half. What a come back from the team, and very very well played by Mourinho to turn it around! What a difference can 45 minutes make to turn a terrible day to a one to remember!

Reactions: Mciahel Goodman

Gusjaros

Supports
Several teams
Two straight comeback wins. This team can win the Champions League, unironically.

Utdstar01

We looked much better with Mata on the pitch. Him, Lingard and Alexis(although not a great game from him) have a good understanding, keep play moving quickly and through the lines.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Hardly saw the game at work. Looks like we got very lucky?

King Eric 7

Love a late winner. Genuinely didn't think we'd recover from 2-0 down after that first half performance.

Minimalist

Really poor first half but better in the second. Great win regardless of how we played.

Thought Lukaku, Matic and Mata played well. Everyone else pretty all over the place. Young and Lindelof pretty awful I thought.

Negative or not, I'm still not all that encouraged by our attacking play. First half in particular was shocking.

Still, you can't not love that last minute thunderbastard by Matic to win it.

And uh...

Shaws some fecking size isn't he?!

Traub

That was a bit Fergie like .
Yip. And we had plenty of games like this under fergie - especially towards the end of his tenure.

Mata was absolute class imo. Completely transformed us - motm for me

Ban

We were awful in the 1st, better in the 2nd, when we scored we smelled blood and were going for it. It was great to see. Deserved in the end. Huge win for our position and before the derby.

Peanut Butter

@BluesJr @Rajma

You along with many others were an embarrassment to this forum and to the club I love tonight.

Feck off and support someone else you spoilt cnuts.

And wait until full time next time.

Deleted member 101472

What a finish. And some posters who ran to the McTominay choosing Scotland thread can now be banned :)

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Even when we were 0.2 i believed . Our second half was joy to watch. Excellent subs( except maybe shaw). Even first half was not that bad. They had that chance and that is that.
But we really really need to sort our defence. Smalling and lindelof( and jones when he comes back) are mid table pair. This was awful performance by them.

The Hacker

Mata made the difference for me. He came on and provided balance and someone who stayed in position! As soon as he came on we gelled in the front and looked better all round.

Geekie

Fantastic game. It was Palace's awful goalie that made me confident we could turn this around.

ash_86

Comeback feels like Blackpool game from Fergie era. Great 3 points!!

El Zoido

Watching this with a room full of reds and it’s been far too long since we’ve experienced that.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Mata changed the game I thought.

Seems a no brainer to me that he should be in the side instead of Sanchez.

Sanchez was awful. Needs to pull his head out of his arse. Don’t think he should be anywhere near our CL side where possession is king.

SuperiorXI

Could feel the winner coming but was thinking this is Jose not SAF, how wrong was I.

Even so, there's something wrong going 2 down to shite like Palace but I don't give a feck right now, get in! :devil:

DocRockter

They had some many injuries and so many important players out that this reminded me of our comeback against Blackpool, who were not build for the league..

But still, FCUK YEAH!! United will find a way..

Toad

I’m happy again, although that first 50 minutes Pissed me right off

Coops73

fecking shite but I’m so happy to see a bit of spirit. I will never watch United without alcohol again,stupid fecking idea.

Denis79

Fantastic comeback! The players showed alot of character which makes me very happy!

red_devil83

Big win. Pathetic first 50 minutes. Nice to see we've actually got some fight in us still

Oldyella

Now that you say it, so true about Mata. A player i give a lot of stick to, Rashford also played a part.
I dont know what it is with Mata, his personal stats are much worse this season, but whenever he plays we just look a much better side. I would be finding somewhere to fit him in if I was Jose, at least atm while Sanchez beds in.

A-man

Very strong to come back like that after a poor first half and a bit unlucky start of 2nd half! Great subs by Mou! CP didn’t have the stamina for 90 minutes and were one step behind very often at the end.

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 486 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 37% Crystal Palace 0:2 Man Utd
  • 18% Crystal Palace 0:3 Man Utd