PL W FA Premier League

Crystal Palace 2:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Mon, 05 March 2018

Trizy

Roller coaster of emotions. Great feeling getting a late winner but come on.. it's fecking Palace.

That was not good enough, especially the passing and decision making, utter dreadful.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Man. United first win from losing at half time in 29 league games.

Thought you guys were woeful first half. Pogba and Alexis could barely string a pass between them.

Second half better but a very harsh defeat on Palace.

Smalling goal was the key. Very often in these epic comebacks you see the losing side score quickly after the other team have gone into a 2-0 lead. Palace needed to hang onto the 2-0 for a bit longer.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
A comeback that reminded me of the Fergie days. Good determination & fight shown. Hope we’re not that poor at the weekend.

De Gea is not human. Another incredible save.

saivet

Very good comeback. We looked awful for the first half/early in the second but turned it around.

Good subs from Mourinho, so credit there. Thought Mata changed it for us, he made us a lot more dangerous going forward.

Roboc7

Delighted to win but it was an awful performance which highlighted all the flaws in this team.

We got lucky that a makeshift palace team ran out of steam, huge improvement needed against Liverpool and Sevilla.

Borden

Feck that felt good. It wasn't pretty, and we just barely got there, but finally we showed some fecking heart and determination.

Still we can't afford to fall asleep like that anymore.

RyRy11

Great result but we really need to sort out some glaring issues when had for the first 60 minutes or so.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
One of the worst first halves I've seen post SAF from us but the team showed brilliant character in a second half which was a throwback to our best SAF comebacks. Great game.

Also DDG is the best goalie I've ever seen.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Wooohooo!! Absolute trash for 50 odd minutes, quite good in last 40. Let's say 2nd Palace goal was blessing in disguise as otherwise we would have just plodded along whole match, ending 1-1 at best. Huge result for top 4 race.

Red Stone

Worst first half I've seen in ages, which is saying something. Atrocious start to the second as well.

Yet I'm still ecstatic! Fantastic final 40 minutes and what a fecking thundercnut of a goal to win it :D Hope that's the catalyst for a blazing run-in at the end of the season.

cyril C

3 points need addressing if we are going to challenge City next season.

1. CB pairing - OK Bailey on his way.
2. Pogba and Sanchez stop taking on 3 defenders
3. We miss Mata's game control. Played him and we cut our right wing, bench him and no-one can run the show.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Dreadful first half. Sloppy start to the second and then scoring 3 goals (with a world class save from de Gea as per usual). Jose made good subs. Hope this gets us going. Superb to turn this around.

Hope Jose starts to figure out this Pogba/Sanchez thing sharpish. They were passengers in the first half. Sanchez stays far too much on the ball and Pogba is the least committed player I have seen since Bebe, even though he's one of the biggest talents on the planet.

Idxomer

I blame the coaching in the first half, but the 2nd half turnaround is also due to them and that should prove to Jose that taking the initiative is the way to go.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Amazing to see the comeback spirit is there. Matic goal was a europhic moment.

That said, that performance was mostly inept, and it cannot continue.

For now though, yessss!!!!!

el3mel

How irony. I was fuming in first one and was ready to slaughter almost everyone. Now celebrating like crazy. Football bloody hell. :lol:

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Great comeback. But why do we make these away games against poor teams so difficult.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What a fecking comeback. Get in. Game of 2 halves, awful in the first but everyone improved in the 2nd. Not sure who would be my motm tbh. Lukaku didn't do much apart from the goal, matic was meh but scored the beauty, de gea saved us with his save after 2-2.... Rashford and Mata changed the game, but I can't really say either would be motm. Pogba and Sanchez both were way better in the 2nd half too, playing in midfield together.

Doesn't matter though. The Chelsea comeback and now coming back from 2 down should give us loads of momentum and hopefully we put in a full 90 minutes against Liverpool on the weekend.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Probably the worst first half I have seen from us in a very long time. Super subs by Jose and a much better second half. Great win!

Last minute winner! That's the Utd I remember, really happy with the 3 points, but the performance could have been better.

Reactions: SteveJ

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
A lot to like. Sanchez is taking a while to knit, Pogba does a lot of pointless stuff. I saw a lot of runs that were not seen by midfielders, and stuff like that. But amazing character to win that it will do the team the world of good. Also good to piss off Woy.

AndyJ1985

Great comeback and important win. But why do we always play so bad in the first half?? It's fecking puzzling. Another great individual goal and world class De Gea save bails us out, which is the story of our season. But at this point feck it, let's secure top 4 and worry about it in the summer.

MoskvaRed

First half dreadful, second half Fergie-esque. And De Gea has the best reflexes of any keeper I have seen.

pseudo_canadian

Shocked that we turned that game around. Why can't we always play with urgency like that? We look like a team when we do.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Don't care that we were shit in the 1st half, coming from 2-0 down to win away from home whilst the Sky commentators jizzed over everything Palace did was fecking ace.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Never in doubt.

TrueRed79

Can't beat the elation of a comeback like that and a last minute winner to top it off, but let's not forget the utter garbage that went on for the first 50 minutes of the game. Rashford and Mata made a huge difference when they came on. Great result considering we were two down and have the piles on Saturday.

mu4c_20le

Feck that felt good. It wasn't pretty, and we just barely got there, but finally we showed some fecking heart and determination.

Still we can't afford to fall asleep like that anymore.
Amen, havent felt that way for a while!

Renegade

Mata made a big impact coming on I feel. Played with intelligence. Unlucky to be on the bench for Sanchez I feel.

Rajma

Second half was entertaining shit more of that please and less of the cowardly stuff from first half, it is clear we have a potential to be a great team with the squad we have but our set up just diminishes quality of those players. Lets feck scousers now.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Who the feck are Man Utd, who the feck are Man Utd, who the feck are Man Utd, the reds go marching on on on!

Bring on the scousers!

Paul_Scholes18

great turn around! Don't think we played that well and Palace gave away a bit near the end. Still though always great to win games like that from a great goal from Matic!

Oldyella

Got out of jail there. Still need serious work on the training ground, but at least they had the balls to come back. Thought Mata made a big difference, keeping calm on the ball. Smalling was good second half too I thought. Sanchez doesnt look right at all though, thought he was our worst player today.

Dross first half though, as bad as we have been all season.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
What a way to score your first goal.

I absolutely loathed that first half performance, but the last 25 mins had me on the edge of my seat.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Also I though the fecking ref gave us nothing in the game. Jose will be livid i expect

Canagel

We are still trying to find our feet as a team but I can't fault the attitude and determination to comeback from 2-0 down. We did it the hard way and Matic.:devil::devil::devil::devil: :drool::drool::drool::drool: Take a bow son.

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 486 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 37% Crystal Palace 0:2 Man Utd
  • 18% Crystal Palace 0:3 Man Utd