g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

PL W FA Premier League

Crystal Palace 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 27 February 2019

reddevil702

I don't think this game would have been much different even with a full squad. Credit to Ole and the rest of the staff for getting them prepared and not making any excuses! Well done boys.

SqueakyWeasel

Wait, that was mistake score prediction? I thought you we thinking CPwill win it. Oh dear, sorry about that.
Even in the worst times during Moyes, LvG and even Jose, I have never predicted even a draw for United. It goes against everything I stand for. Typical that the time I screw up I actually get the scoreline spot on :lol:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
A midfield three of Fred, McTomimany and Pogba. A front three of Sanchez, Lukaku and Young. Dalot right back. Just think about that for a minute and then reflect on the result.
That team under Jose would have somehow managed to score a minus number of goals.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
A win on the road with half the squad out: That’s what gets you into the top four.

And what gets you prominent managerial positions...

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Even in the worst times during Moyes, LvG and even Jose, I have never predicted even a draw for United. It goes against everything I stand for. Typical that the time I screw up I actually get the scoreline spot on :lol:
Sorry, misunderstud you that is why I put :eek: in match day thread.
Anyway, good lad (bolded)

Schmeichel=God

All things said and done there were more cracking performances out there tonight.

1st tier performances : Shaw, McTominay, Lindelof (for performance and communication with Fred, leading)
2nd tier performances : Pogba, Young, Smalling
Playing their part : Dalot, Lukaku (hurts me to put him here :lol:)
Could do better : Sanchez, Fred, De Gea (distribution)

Ridiculous how much light work Ars and Che made of their opposition today. Bournemouth are limp this year. St Totteringham's day is nigh, as they are wilting. Strange comments from Poch before this match. And so much for Sarri staying being our trump card for an easier top four battle. Arsenal winning with Ozil back in the side. Nothing has gone like it looked.

Lock yourself in for quite the tense season finale.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
One of the most pleasing things about the game was that we managed to score 3 goals with that line-up and Pogba had a quiet game.

fergosaurus

under the last guy we would've lined up with 5 at the back , mcT centre back , Darmian wing back, Fellaini in midfield 3 and lost 3-0 or something.
Thank god Ole knows our real 'football heritage'

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
8 consecutive away wins! New club record. Professional performance, felt very comfortable throughout, except for 5 or so min after they scored. We were able to find way through Palace regularly and after the first goal went in, got a good grip on game. Great displays from McTominay, Lukaku and Shaw.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
A win on the road with half the squad out: That’s what gets you into the top four.

And what gets you prominent managerial positions...
I can't believe that with most of the big hitters missing we drew against a very strong Liverpool who have just put 5 past Watford and beat a strong Crystal Palace who hammered Leicester away in 4 days!

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
How did we do? First united game i have missed all season as i could not find a stream on mobdro.

How did Fred do? And Sanchez? I assume Lukaku was good given he scored twice.

Siorac

The ten minutes of panic after their goal were a little scary.

But apart from that, very composed and professional performance. Great win, considering almost everyone who is actuallly really good at football was out.

If only we had Ole from the start of the season...

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Really pleased with that.

We dominated the match apart from 2 sloppy moments that nearly cost us.

Young was fantastic against Zaha, Shaw was a 1 man army up and down the left and mctominay bossed midfield - his best performance by far. His passing was really good with plenty forward into strikers. He looked a player today.

Fred took a little while to get to the pace but 2nd half he was fine.

Top away performance against a tricky team.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Big 3 points for us, and a strong performance.

McTominay was impressive. He was always passing forward between the lines, and I haven't really noticed that part of his game before tonight.

Have to agree that Sanchez is really struggling. It's difficult to see what is going to spark something within him as the effort is there. He could well be done, and I can't see any way that we will be able to get rid of him

Devil may care

Ole may well have the spirit of Fergie in him to get that 3 points with that front 3 and so many key players missing. Overall I didn't feel we were in danger of conceding until the little German lad came on and started to get between the lines, but thankfully we got a 3rd and finished the game off.

Decade long lurker

Was at the game Sunday. With the savage intensity and our players dropping like flies. I was worried about tonight. A fantastic result lads!!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Couldn't be happier with the result, to their credit, Palace are a good team and they linked up well when attacking. Shaw and McTominay were the standouts, solid performance from Pogba playing in a more unfamiliar RCM role and Lukaku, those goals will do him the world of good. Little shout out to Dalot who did admirably in a more advanced position.

Some shaky performances, Fred looks like he's lacking confidence, reminiscent of Lindelof. Young was torn to pieces a few times but made up for it with the goal. All things considered, I think Sanchez did fairly well tonight, he's not the Arsenal Sanchez we're used to but he was dragging players out of position, kept the ball nicely and linked up well with Shaw and Lukaku. Very important three points, another difficult game crossed off the list.

SqueakyWeasel

Is that Ole's best result to date? That's a fecking terrible XI :lol:. Especially against a team who have went toe to toe with Chelsea, Liverpool and even beaten City.

McTominay and Shaw were fantastic.
Lukaku got his goals but outside of them goals he showed why the forum hates him, such an average footballer. Young was bested too many times and at fault for the goal with stupid defending. Took his goal well, though.
Sanchez and Fred look lost at this level.

Everyone else was good.
I dunno? I'm on the fence until he encounters a serious challenge!

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Need to keep an eye on GD with some other teams scoring more freely. Feel it will be tight but think we'll be back in there Saturday evening!
Just keep the patience. We will get back in there eventually. We're in title winning form and I can't see us stopping.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Did anyone else listen to that Scottish twat on TSN telling everyone that Ole is "A great motivator of people but tactically inept and is way out of his depth at Manchester United … they deserve a lot better". I think the Sourness genes travel well :p

I'd love to know who said that.

Schmeichel=God

Good result that.

Spurs have Arsenal next, Liverpool and City to play soon too, both away. Be funny if they end up fifth.
It's in the stars. Tottenham 5th, us 4th. Poch loses his sheeet...and ends up taking another job elsewhere...when he desperately wanted the OT hotseat. Only for Ole to come in and steal it in injury time :lol::lol::lol: It's alright Poch...the Germans know how that feels.

tony54

Great to watch the fighting spirit returning. Very, very impressed with mctominay, he seems a lot more confident and powerful than last season and his passing was good too.
Fred had a poor first half and ok second half but he needs to be a lot stronger as he was pushed off the ball too easily at times. I feel sorry for sanchez as he does work hard but is a good squad player but his magic has gone.
Going to be a fantastic run into the end of the season.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
All things said and done there were more cracking performances out there tonight.

1st tier performances : Shaw, McTominay, Lindelof (for performance and communication with Fred, leading)
2nd tier performances : Pogba, Young, Smalling
Playing their part : Dalot, Lukaku (hurts me to put him here :lol:)
Could do better : Sanchez, Fred, De Gea (distribution)
:lol:I wish all our players will 'play their part' scoring crucial braces like that. Sure you're not too complimentary towards him?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Need to keep an eye on GD with some other teams scoring more freely. Feel it will be tight but think we'll be back in there Saturday evening!
We did score 3 with half a team out!
Dalot and a horribly out of sorts sanchez as the wide boys!!
Pretty excellent to get 3

Man of the Match

Romelu Lukaku image Romelu Lukaku 53% of 602 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 400 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win