PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:0 Crystal Palace

Post-match discussion

Sun, 05 December 2021

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Clean sheet

chiz2kul

Tasty football but more importantly clean sheet??

Scary hours.

MrBest

The next 4 weeks is going to be very interesting

largelyworried

Great first half, no goals. Poor second half, scored. Football is funny sometimes.

My hope before the match was to see a few glimpses of a better team, and we got more than a few. Much of the first half we began to see the type of directness, tempo and high press that I hoped for. None of it looked very fluid - and why would it after one training session? - but in some respects we did better than I expected.

Second half, not great. Think we were just tired and lacked the intensity in our game needed to make it work.

Overall, lots to like, but lots to do.

Suedesi

Played very well, good pressing, energy, almost in complete control. Rushed the last pass / shot many times. Deserved win. Fred MOTM

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Good off the ball, more work needed om the ball so people need to be patient.Very important win! Fred was incredible.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
We were good value for the win on the balance of play and I'm excited where we're going. The second half was poor though, work to be done.

Also, Fred!

space

Phew, happy we won - thought we were quite good and other than the Ayew chance they didn't trouble us. We were a constant threat without that killer pass so it's positive signs going forward

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Encouraging signs. First half performance was good, second half scrappy but got the goal. Dalot was impressive again.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
All things considered, very happy with that.

Slight worry is the sheer exhaustion over the next weeks, but we have a big squad.

cyberman

A lot better defensively already and Palace are a side you should worry about cutting us open

JeffFromHK

McTominay is a big reason why we cant build attacks. He is too lazy showing up for the ball and always positions himself wrongly.

There was one throw in when Dalot asked Mctominay to take up the space instead of standing still.

Abraxas

First half was excellent.

Second half was a bit sloppy if we're being honest. I think the additional work-rate told on our execution. We also started to force things too quickly trying to play this quicker style of football.

However these teething problems are totally expected.

SuperiorXI

Great first 30 minutes then we got tired and thankfully got the goal. Hope to see those 30 minutes stretched over 90 in the coming months.

Red Royal

Good first 30 minutes, then it was a normal kind of game for us. I am optimistic that give it a month and we will be able to keep going at high intensity for much more of the game.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
The fitness level is a major concerne for me. Playing gegen fotball for 30 minutes before burning out and playing shit will not work.

passtheball

That first 35 minutes was very tasty. Sign of things to come.

Drop McT and Rashford.

Ollie Derbyshire

Excellent first half, clearly tired in the second as not used to running so much.
Defence played very well, his comments about the leaky defence seemed to concentrate them more than previously.

Once we build our stamina we’ll be good to go.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Style of play is a real thing and players can be coached very quickly and a new coach doesn't need 3 years and his own players to play a cohesive style and system. Who's have thunk it eh? It's almost like the coach makes all the difference.

Revan

Assumptionman
3 points and a clean sheet.

The first half was very entertaining and we pressed better than I have ever seen us doing. The second half was not that great.

Happy with the win and the points, the performances will improve. We should not have expected magic after a single training.

Shiva87

What a good game. Feels great to not look like we'll concede at every counter attack.

Dalot having his best spell for us since arriving. Fred.MOTM. was everywhere!

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
All I can say is let's hope we aren't relying on a Fred masterclass every week in order to win. Still, not often Ronaldo looks as clueless as that so the attack should get more fluent as we go.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Much better in the first half especially. We’re going to need to be patient, but it’s good to seem like we have a plan again. Second half was hard but Palace are a good team so it wasn’t going to be easy. Still sloppy in our play, hopefully going forward we see Sancho and Greenwood together more as they keep the ball better.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Some good spells in the first half. Looked leggy and sloppy in the second. Some poor individual performances, from Rashford especially. I've been a fan of him in the past, butMcTominay just doesn't offer anything right now.

Great goal to win it, and a clean sheet. Decent.

Firestorm

Great result and very promising first half, clearly the players aren’t fit enough to play at this pace for a whole match. RR will sort this out and I expect us to be top 4 by January and playing consistently well ..for 90 mins .

Man of the Match

Fred image Fred 81% of 367 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 328 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw