PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:1 Crystal Palace

Post-match discussion

Sat, 30 September 2023

hobbers

Same old same old. Moments FC embarrassed. Manager embarrassed.

Season over, just a question of how long to the inevitable sacking. Meanwhile Rashford will pocket 375k every week back to his true self of lazily moping around without the ball and running into defenders with it.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I think we actually played well.

Kept the pressure on Palace for around 70 minutes, but just didn't score.

Final thirds the issue, I think we miss Antony on the right. Need a run of good form for the forwards and goals will do that.

When Shaw is back and Amrabat is in the midfield a fully fit squad makes us one of the best in the league IMO just need another game or two but I think we're turning a corner.

Ignore the result today there were some good performances and we're not far off it.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Unacceptable performance! Absolute rubbish joke! Now we’re in a crisis

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
The money in the bank is dropping game by game for Erik.

We don't look coached or drilled more than anything, and that really worries me. What is going on?

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Dont want Casemiro to start another game for us, sure he scores some headers but he cand defend and he gives the ball away every time he has it.

Rashford needs to be a last 10 minute sub as well, Garnacho is levels above him.
Be ready for the Rashford PR team to come at you for this post.

Garnacho did more in his spare minutes than Rashford did the entire game

DavidDeSchmikes

with our defensive injuries, if this had been a wild high scoring game, it would be a little more understandable

better second half, but a lot of huff and puff amounting to nothing

Very worrying

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
As bad as anything under Moyes, LVG, Jose or Ole.

Insipid, listless, pathetic, slow, zero plan, zero execution.

We're fecked this season.

I don't care if nobody else would do any better with this shower of shite, it's no excuse to keep on carrying on as we are.

Woodzy

No injury excuses for this. We have almost a fully fit attack and barely got a sniff on goal

Superunknown

Losing 1-0 at home to a Crystal Palace team managed by Roy Hodgson in 2023 is disgraceful. There's zero positives to take from this. It was another disaster of a performance in a very, very underwhelming and overall poor season.

We can't score goals and don't want to score goals. Not sure where Hojlund's first goal is going to come from. Sick of these cnuts.

TrueRed79

Pathetic. We are useless in all aspects of our game. Can't score, can't keep a clean sheet. I despair at this stage. Yes there are certain factors affecting us, like injuries and loss of form to certain players. But the results and performances have been unacceptable.

Get In Scholesy

I’m off to work so this will be quick,

One of the main reasons we don’t create mis that we often rely of Dalot to create something around the area. Partly by design, but also teams are onto that and are willing to let him have possession. He isn’t a threat.

Not to point only him out obviously, but just an observation.

Says more about the state of our team in possession more than anything else.

Vernon Philander

We played far better when Rashford went off. Martial and Garnacho have better interlinking passing

Shinjch

May have been one of the worst officiating performances I have seen this season. And that's saying something.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Didn’t see the game but I feel like I’ve seen it a million times anyway.

Ten Hag has a mountain to climb if things don’t pick up.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Palace didn't even break a sweat. Got their goal and it was job done. Cruise control to an easy win at Old Trafford.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Awful. Putting VAR to one side, just generally awful.

jackal&hyde

Very bad. The issue is not one of individual performance but of general play with big issues in all phases of play. ETH needs to address this ASAP as it's on him.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I wish I could say I was surprised. Horrible really. Until Garnacho came on there was no real desire to get around the back of them and cross. The plan seemed to be to try and walk it in. Pouring with rain but we barely tested Johnstone to see if he might drop one. Poor really.

Kopral Jono

I really don't know what to make of that. There were bright passages of play, a lot of shitty braindead passages of play as well as chore-y stuff somewhere in between. Van Gaal-esque?

rpitchfo

Dont want Casemiro to start another game for us, sure he scores some headers but he cand defend and he gives the ball away every time he has it.

Rashford needs to be a last 10 minute sub as well, Garnacho is levels above him.
Absolutely, rashford has done literally nothing to deserve a place in the starting 11

RuudTom83

Gonna be a long season.

Palace parked the bus and United didn't have any composure in attack and got what they deserved.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Might as well enjoy Champions League this season because it won't be back in Old Trafford next season. Maybe we will get a lucky cup run. League season is over before it began.

Betson

Loud boo's ring around the stadium , and they are deserved . Not good enough form the players , manager and Club.

Another all too familiar day of failure.

We are boring to watch , ineffective and going backwards.

fallengt

United is beyond shit.
So easy to defend against. Just kick Rashford and leave right flank to do whatever, they won't create jack shit from it

RedChisel

Absolute disaster. ETH is another false dawn. Don't see where we go from here.

Winrar

This season is officially a writeoff.

Time for me to be a Manchester City fan this season in the hope that Liverpool doesn’t win the title.

Oh, they lost too.

Abraxas

I don't think we were that bad. There will be a lot of block back for ETH and the team because it's an awful result and we did lack some cutting edge against a deep, well drilled defence, but I don't think overall it was that bad as an individual performance. We had huge control over the game, we just couldn't find the killer blow. It happens in football but we're on a poor run so things will also be seen in light of that. Which is not totally unfair either, the results at the moment are very poor.

Baxquux

Less to do with intensity or any injuries - just mediocre coaching. Such a pedestrian, lower mid-table display anywhere near the opponent's box. Palace defence were feasting on being able to make easy blocks and cut out space. Awful sign, honestly, in terms of claims to making any on the pitch progress. Don't think Antony being back would have changed things either.

Gorse Hill Red

And the Glazers still value this club at £10b.
Disgusted with the players today.
This is an awful Palace side too.

MonkeysMagic

The thing is, you could tell from very early on that our team looked utterly uncapable of creating a decent chance.

There is no creativity in this team whatsoever and against an average Palace side, to have created almost nothing of note playing at home,does not bode well at all.

Jackal

Ten Hag is a worse manager than Ole.

This was painful to watch.

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 207 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw