PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:1 Crystal Palace

Post-match discussion

Sat, 30 September 2023

ZainCRse7en

We will never be a serious club or fight for any trophies with the petulant bruno fernandes as our fking captain.

rpitchfo

Clearly the better team, with the better chances, against a parked bus that was tough to break down and a referee that was giving them everything.

Palace are pretty good at this though, nicking a somewhat fortunate goal and defending for their lives.

Having said that, we still partly have ourselves to blame as we win the ball in such dangerous positions and then end up falling over ourselves with poor decision making, either dawdling on the ball or getting the passes wrong.
Being the better team at old Trafford against palace should be a given. Its not a positive it’s barely even context. We need to judge the team by their ability to win games like this.

moodyred

Wonder if these losses can convince Glazers to sell United. At least that would be a positive.

Pughnichi

If Rashford still starts the next game, you know ETH is just waiting to get sacked.
I won’t be watching if Rashford starts

<edit> I will. I won’t be able to help myself. But he won’t have my support. Does that make me a d1ck. Probably….but he needs a run of strong performances before he gets this fan back onboard. And those performance shouldn’t be imminent. He needs to be benched and earn it when called upon

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
United reminds me of my love life when i was a teenager full of acne, and the carabao cup is the cute girl in class who smiled at me because she remembered something funny when she happen to look around where i was standing

MetoTTT

We're looking like a bunch of random players put on the pitch for some time. Depressing.

hobbers

We scored a lot more goals in the previous version of Moments FC. A lot more.
True.

Oleball with Martial, Lingard, Rashford, McFred and Mason was Europa league level stuff but a hell of a lot better than this.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Who brings on Maguire and Donnie if we are chasing an equaliser?

And what happened to Onana being the player who would transform United to another level?

goalscholes

We played ok. They parked the bus and we got in each others way a bit for the final ball.

We should have scored. But they were extremely lucky that every loose bounce near their goal went straight to their players. And that they scored a swipe from their CB which turned out to be a screamer.

Also special shout out to the officials. Gave some abysmal decisions to them that made no sense whatsoever and let them time waste and break up play throughout. Then gave 4 mins stoppage time in the second half when there was at least 3 times a player went down for 2+ minutes and 5 subs.

The most frustrating aspect. Amrabat continuously giving away stupid, pointless fouls that continuously bailed them out and wasted time. He should be fined for such idiocy.

James35

Palace looked dangerous every time they went forward and let us have a lot of the ball because they know we are shit.

If we get 6th it will be a miracle.

The talk of giving the manager a new contract better be bolllocks also. He is doing a horrendous job right now, like a lot of the players. Hojlund is not the answer either, he is miles off and with our forward play I can’t see him doing much more than WeghorstNot his fault of course but I’d rather Martial if that twat could stay fit.

Just a massive mess and I’m 100% certain this will be the worst season in our premier league history.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think we actually played well.

Kept the pressure on Palace for around 70 minutes, but just didn't score.

Final thirds the issue, I think we miss Antony on the right. Need a run of good form for the forwards and goals will do that.

When Shaw is back and Amrabat is in the midfield a fully fit squad makes us one of the best in the league IMO just need another game or two but I think we're turning a corner.

Ignore the result today there were some good performances and we're not far off it.
Agree, unlucky to not score today. I think Rashford needs to be benched for Martial though.
If you both think Antony and Martial are the saviors of this team, then I can just applaud your commitment to staying positive.

Unfortunately, as you will find out soon enough, they won't be of any help as we continue our march towards the inevitable.

Irrational.

CP scored a worldie that flies over 9 times out of 10.

We were unlucky not to put 2 or 3 past them, and had a stonewall pen denied.

We dominated and Palace never looked like doing anything of note.

When it rains, it pours. Horrible luck, shit refereeing.

JediSith

I think we actually played well.

Kept the pressure on Palace for around 70 minutes, but just didn't score.

Final thirds the issue, I think we miss Antony on the right. Need a run of good form for the forwards and goals will do that.

When Shaw is back and Amrabat is in the midfield a fully fit squad makes us one of the best in the league IMO just need another game or two but I think we're turning a corner.

Ignore the result today there were some good performances and we're not far off it.
It did look like that. But it was too easy for Palace to defend. There was no movement, no passes through the lines. All they had to do was stay in their positions and defend.

Irwin99

4 shots on target, only one in the first half :rolleyes:

This is going to be yet another season with an exceptionally poor goal difference and a mediocre goals scored return. The club's strategic planning just absolutely sucks.

Kinky Melinky

Nothing happening in the final 3rd. Ah remember the days Yorkie and Cole could read one another's minds :drool:

Red_Aaron

It's not clicking going forward at all, lots of work to do there. All our forwards and attacking mids are playing a different game to each other, no cohesion, no link ups. At best chaotic, at worst shambolic

Defended much better, didn't deserve to lose but didn't do enough to win either

Palace with a worldie and that was that

BorisManUtd

It is easy to see that the team has stopped playing for Ten Hag.
Don't think so, at least not watching that second half. But it's more of a case of not being good enough and also being unlucky/fecked by ref at times. But mostly about not being good enough because we should be scoring 2-3 vs Palace at home no matter what.

djembatheking

Played ok but it is hard to judge really because Palace were always defensively comfortable. We have struggled for so long now having to break down well organised teams that sit back .

OrcaFat

Losing once again at home to a poor Palace side managed by Hodgson. I'm sure even palace are left wondering how they managed to win this afternoon with just 23% possession and passing accuracy of 65%

All on United that defeat, I said at half time the true character of this group of players would be seen 2nd half, to not score nevermind turning it around it woeful. A long hard season ahead now that's the home form from last season has gone to pot.
We lacked that little bit of quality in the box but kept the pressure on pretty well. Most teams would have struggled to score against Palace the way they set up, even before the goal but especially afterwards.

Losing is a horrible thing. To lose 4 games out of 7 is agony.

I don’t think it’s a fundamental problem or even a problem with either the coaching or the players. We are in a deep rut. Might be difficult to climb out of it but a few lucky breaks could get us going again. Can’t say I’m not worried.

MADReaLJL

Rashford - consistently useless, allowed to play shite game in, game out because he's the manager's wet dream fantasy.

Bruno - captain invisible. Trash player with no composure and makes the whole team panick.

Mount - daylight robbery.

Team - total shite, everywhere.

Manager - losing the plot slowly but surely. He's set for the chop at the end of the season if he doesn't up his game. Doubly so if we get a new owner.

Seems like watching United this season will be a waste of time, just like 2 seasons ago
Your summary about Rashford and Bruno were spot on. With Bruno we are never going to win most games by dominating possession. His game is more suited to fast paced changeover, that's why we excelled in counter attack setup under Ole.

MaroonDevil

Rashford delayed all offensive path. When does ETH realize about Rashford’s performance?

Strelok

This is simply unacceptable. I'm a huge fan but please bench Rashford until he fixes his fecking braindead running into 3,4 defenders and doesn't even look up to pass to anyone. Who the feck he thinks he is? Prime Messi?

And what the feck all our defenders were doing when they scored? Fecking ball watching and not a fecking soul bothered to mark their single player standing there for eternity.

This is totally on ETH. We have no fecking idea what to do with the ball despite having like 80 % possession. What the hell was our plan?

sglowrider

True.

Oleball with Martial, Lingard, Rashford, McFred and Mason was Europa league level stuff but a hell of a lot better than this.
Didnt we have more 3+ goals scored than any other manager since Fergie?

Now we are going Wenger ball -- lots of possession and pretty intricate passing like we are trying to walk the ball into the net. Like Ole said -- just shoot. Fecking shoot.

So now if we are lucky we score more than 2 goals per match. And thats a good day.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
The big worry here was that Roy Hodgson outcoached him for the full 90. Completely schooled him.
While technically that might be right, Hodgson and Palace didn't do anything great. They were just better than us.

UpWithRivers

Strange for a team that was 30 goals off top teams last season and that couldn't break down a low block for 3/4 years.

lex talionis

All I can say is wow….re the USC offense.

Forget the steaming pile we all just witnessed.

baskinginthesun

If you both think Antony and Martial are the saviors of this team, then I can just applaud your commitment to staying positive.

Unfortunately, as you will find out soon enough, they won't be of any help as we continue our march towards the inevitable.
So what's your solution then? Rashford has been poor all season and Martial has been injured and looks to be playing back into fitness. Why not give him a chance? He's scored more goals than Rashford this season.

Cathy Ferguson

Rashford - consistently useless, allowed to play shite game in, game out because he's the manager's wet dream fantasy.

Bruno - captain invisible. Trash player with no composure and makes the whole team panick.

Mount - daylight robbery.

Team - total shite, everywhere.

Manager - losing the plot slowly but surely. He's set for the chop at the end of the season if he doesn't up his game. Doubly so if we get a new owner.

Seems like watching United this season will be a waste of time, just like 2 seasons ago
Harsh on Rashford and Bruno, none of our players performed today. Pellistri was terrible. If anything Martial should have started ahead of Höjlund against a low block. Very unlucky to lose this game but ETH is not taking us forward.

sglowrider

This is simply unacceptable. I'm a huge fan but please bench Rashford until he fixes his fecking braindead running into 3,4 defenders and doesn't even look up to pass to anyone. Who the feck he thinks he is? Prime Messi?

And what the feck all our defenders were doing when they scored? Fecking ball watching and not a fecking soul bothered to mark their single player standing there for eternity.

This is totally on ETH. We have no fecking idea what to do with the ball despite having like 80 % possession. What the hell was our plan?

Possession is the main objective. And apparently, then everything else falls into place including goals and wins.

Fergie used to beat Wenger with little possession but feck loads of goals.

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 207 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 39% Man Utd 2:0 Crystal Palace
  • 18% Man Utd 2:1 Crystal Palace