CL W Champions League Group A

CSKA Moscow 1:4 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 27 September 2017

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
CSKA Moscow 0:1 Man Utd - Lukaku (4')

CSKA Moscow 0:2 Man Utd - Martial (19' pen)

CSKA Moscow 0:3 Man Utd - Lukaku (26' pen)

CSKA Moscow 0:4 Man Utd - Mkhitaryan (67' pen)

CSKA Moscow 1:4 Man Utd - Kuchaev (90')

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
That's it, I have to say it. United cannot keep the game interesting for 90 minutes. What bs is this? Score 3 goals early, add one more in the 60th minute and then leave the viewer exasperated for the remaining 30 odd minutes. What am I supposed to do in that time? Eat popcorn?

Other teams are considerate of their viewers and keep the scoreline close at touch and go. Not us, Mourinho can't help himself. He has to have his 4 goals as early as possible the greedy bas**rd. And then that's it. He can't have any more goals.

So he brings on Lingard and Darmian and what do they do? Try to score themselves. Greedy bas**rds. And as if Martial already didn't have enough assists apart from a goal off a penalty. He wants more assists.

And don't even let me start about Lukaku. 10 goals in 9 games. Who does he think he is? Coming from a mid-table side like Everton and trying to ruin records of our legends.

Thank God he didn't get a hat-trick. Else Pochettino would have said he is better than Kane who as per him is better than Ronaldo meaning Lukaku is better than Ronaldo.

Well at least I saw one great goal in the 80th minute.

But, I'm so done with trying to watch us play for 90 minutes. Mourinho out!

3KDré

Our attacking trident were fantastic today but it must be said- Herrera and Matic kept it simple, tidy and effective. They won the ball back very well.

Trizy

Need to work on our finishing, could be 7-0...

Enjoyable game for 60mins.

Ban

We can't score more than 4 to save our life, that's not good enough. I'm sick to death of conceding those late goals.

Kaos

Delighted, that was probably the hardest fixture in our group on paper and we completely walked it.

Hope Martial is OK.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Dreadful defensive display tonight. Thank god for de gea.

Disappointed with only 4 goals. We missed about 6 more golden chances.

Great partnership between Martial and Lukaku.

El Zoido

Somehow never feel quite satisfied when we concede at the end like that.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Shame about the conceded goal but I think they sort of deserved it, just like we should've ended this match with 6-7. All smiles though, I thought this would be the most difficult game in the group in all fairness, win next two and we can rest people in the last two games.

JG3001

Team can't get past 4 goals, too defensive, Mourinho out

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That's it, I have to say it. United cannot keep the game interesting for 90 minutes. What bs is this? Score 3 goals early, add one more in the 6th minute and then leave the viewer exasperated for the remaining 30 odd minutes. What am I supposed to do in that time? Eat popcorn?

Other teams are considerate of their viewers and keep the scoreline close at touch and go. Not us, Mourinho can't help himself. He has to have his 4 goals as early as possible the greedy bas**rd. And then that's it. He can't have any more goals.

So he brings on Lingard and Darmian and what do they do? Try to score themselves. Greedy bas**rds. And as if Martial already didn't have enough assists apart from a goal off a penalty. He wants more assists.

And don't even let me start about Lukaku. 10 goals in 9 games. Who does he think he is? Coming from a mid-table side like Everton and trying to ruin records of our legends.

Thank God he didn't get a hat-trick. Else Pochettino would have said he is better than Kane who as per him is better than Ronaldo meaning Lukaku is better than Ronaldo.

Well at least I saw one great goal in the 8th minute.

Some people will post similar and actually mean it. Just watch them turn up.
We just cruised 4-1 in Moscow, who does that. Great display.

Borden

Impressive performance, though not sure how impressive it was given CSKA looked pretty dire. Still, 4-1 in Russia is excellent.

Martial is an absolute gem.

LoneStar

Annoying goal at the end. But another very good performance. Martial and Lukaku will be instrumental for us this season. We didn't have Pogba and absolutely didn't miss him today. Nicely set up for us to finish on top now. Lukaku is a goal machine.

Still not completely convinced by our defence sometimes, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. Now onto Palace and hopefully what is another trashing.

Pavl3n

That's it, I have to say it. United cannot keep the game interesting for 90 minutes. What bs is this? Score 3 goals early, add one more in the 60th minute and then leave the viewer exasperated for the remaining 30 odd minutes. What am I supposed to do in that time? Eat popcorn?

Well at least I saw one great goal in the 80th minute.

I feel your pain mate. I'm frustrated as well.

AXVnee7

Would've been nice to keep the clean sheet but I suppose losing concentration is inevitable in a game like this. Game was effectively over within the first half hour.

krazyrobus

Mkhi might be our new Veron. Good and ever present in Europe but flits in and out of matches in the PL.

Bailly is having a dip in form with his wayward clearances and loss of concentration at times.

Everyone else played well.

Kapardin

Making light work of this group. Incredible how we struggled in a similar group under LvG.

I think we can beat Benfica playing in 2nd gear, qualification is just a formality. Great work, just hope the walking wounded recover quickly.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Why do we step off the gas so often?

Other than the goal at the end, great attacking performance.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Disappointing to lose the clean sheet. Knowing Mourinho he'll be irritated by the loss of concentration at the end.

Great to go away and comfortably win though. At the end of the day whether it was 2-1 or 4-1 it was three points.

Some very good performances. Onto the weekend.

el3mel

Very entertaining game and excellent result. Now our situation in the group is perfect.

Really enjoyed the we were going forward today. Martial and Lukaku had superp games, Mikhi inconsistent but looked nice in many moments and the rest of the team was excellent except the defense. Didn't like our defending today at all and we were shaky throughout the whole game tbh, but David covered this with a superp performance as well.

Excellent game overall.

Ban

Dreadful defensive display tonight. Thank god for de gea.

Disappointed with only 4 goals. We missed about 6 more golden chances.

Great partnership between Martial and Lukaku.
Better team will destroy us.

InfiniteBoredom

Honestly dont think any of us would have cause for concern if we start every game like we did first half hour.

2nd half was a bit meh but game was dead the moment the subs were made. Our 2nd string defence is decidedly dodgy though. Could've conceded more than one goal easily.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
outstanding. Speed of movement and passing was a joy to watch and our forwards were clinical until Ikinfeev stepped up to be thier best player.

Progress achieved by Mourinho has been astonishing, albeit partly enabled by the cheque book.

Very happy.

Foxbatt

I noticed that Bailly lets the attacker gets goal side of him a lot. It happened against Southampton too. He does this even when he has the start on the attacker too.

Minimalist

Pre match I would have taken a draw given how Russian teams tend to be at home. Fecking hell though, it should have been at least 7 or 8.

Nobody played badly. Martial MOTM for me.

Player Ratings

7.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 568 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Moscow win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 27% Moscow 0:2 Man Utd
  • 20% Moscow 1:2 Man Utd