g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

CL W Champions League Group A

CSKA Moscow 1:4 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 27 September 2017

TimScoreboard

Supports
Palermo
Our most positive and encouraging away performance in Europe for a good while, they'll be delighted to have got away with 4.

crazylegz

I think the combination of herrera and matic is a very promising balanced pairing even if we know herrera is just filling in for pogba whilst he is injured, I've grown to respect fellaini as a united player but i don't get how he can claim a place in midfield alongside matic ahead of herrera

wolvored

I think the combination of herrera and matic is a very promising balanced pairing even if we know herrera is just filling in for pogba whilst he is injured, I've grown to respect fellaini as a united player but i don't get how he can claim a place in midfield alongside matic ahead of herrera
Mourinho values him for his size, the way he can bring a ball down, his ability to hold onto the ball, and his goal scoring. Like you I prefer Herrera, but we dont pick the team

Bestietom

I would like to see Rashford and Martial on both sides of Mkhitaryan in the front 3 behind Lukaku. Rashford played on the right for England and done very well. I think that teams would not be able to cope with these 4 up front. I would like to see them play together for a few games.

oldhand

Fine performance, Martial fantastic....did a 5th official really give a decision ? I wonder if Golovin is on our radar ?
Take it that he was their number 17 who stood out, not many guys dink past Herrera multiple times almost as if he wasn't there and he was good at sliding dangerous passes as well as his running with the ball

hn4manunited

Lets hope your right, but do you think Mourinho would have been happy when both 4-0s ended up 4-1 due to tiredness/carelessness?
Jose said in the post match interview that it’s only normal for the team/players to relax a bit after the score line due to looking ahead to the game on Saturday. It sounds like it was his instructions to preserve themselves if they go a few goals ahead. Conceding 1 in that scenario in my opinion is fine as long as the score line was reasonable. If we ended the game with conceding 3, then there would be concerns.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Take it that he was their number 17 who stood out, not many guys dink past Herrera multiple times almost as if he wasn't there and he was good at sliding dangerous passes as well as his running with the ball
Loads of players perform well against us, doesn't mean they ought to be scouted or signed by us.

Player Ratings

7.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 568 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Moscow win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 27% Moscow 0:2 Man Utd
  • 20% Moscow 1:2 Man Utd