FA W FA Cup Semi-Final

Everton 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 23 April 2016

Taxx

This feels like a huge dose of drug we have missed out on for a long time. I'm feeling ecstatic.
I feel the same way! I have not been this happy about a result for a long time. Genuine, euphoric happiness. This is why we love the great game.

Oh, and that block from Fellaini against Lukaku, how he tracked back and sniffed it out - that was huge. He had a great game.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
motm for me is Lukaku. I can't imagine the everton fans are too impressed with him right now.
I said this so many times during the match - Lukaku did great today...for us.
He won't sleep easy tonight, that's for sure.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
This is how it used to feel in post-match threads. I've missed it.

But these aren't the glory days and Watford or Palace won't make the final easy so it's difficult to get too excited until Rooney lifts the cup.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
There's no way for a referee to see that, Fellaini should have done better as well. Apart from that I don't remember that many decisions going overly one way or the other? The penalty decision Everton got was harsh but it didn't matter in the end.
Doesn't matter if the ref or linesman should have seen that or not. Jagielka saved a goal with his hand.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
If all the Van Gaal haters and 'lose for the big picture' muppets can feck off and do one for a day and let us enjoy a good FA Cup win, that'd be great. cnuts

Eddy_JukeZ

SO HAPPY WE WON!

Really want us to win the FA Cup!

Great performance the first half. Tailed off in the 2nd, but get in!

SER19

Fantastic hopefully we can enjoy it for while before threads disintegrate into the inevitable.

On a side note that's amongst the worst refereeing performances I've ever seen

red_devil83

Good win. Game turned on the non penalty decision and then not giving us one and not sending Jagielka off.

Fellaini MotM

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Get in. We were almost robbed. Penalty that never was for them, though fortunately they didn't capitalise, but it gave them all the momentum. Penalty that should have been for us, which also should have been a red for Jagielka. Would have been shite to go out like that. Martial was magic throughout.

We worryingly ran out of steam though. Carrick was done after 50 minutes. Rojo was garbage throughout. TFM started strong but looked rattled after half time. Rooney same, his passing got sloppier in the 2nd half, but he was decent overall.

Smalling's day will be summed up by the OG but he was very good for the majority of the game. Just a stupid reaction to lead with his right foot.

For once, I thought the Fellaini sub was the wrong one. He was having a great game.

Celebrated the winner more than any other goal I can remember in the last 3 years.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
In the next round we will face either Palace (who are currently showing relegation form) or Watford.
How did Everton, Palace and Watford get to the Semi Finals?

Theonas

Scout
If all the Van Gaal haters and 'lose for the big picture' muppets can feck off and do one for a day and let us enjoy a good FA Cup win, that'd be great. cnuts
Yes please. Just skimmed through some of the comments complaining about how we did not win more comfortably. I am genuinely beginning to think the Caf has been infiltrated by the scousers. Ridiculous!

Aporkalypse

Seemed determined to feck ourselves in that second half.

What a moment of magic though, Herrera on his arse and Martial as cool as ever.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Is it still possible, from an ethical standpoint, to sack the manager if he wins the FA cup? :nervous:

Great game either way. Martial was outstanding from start to finish, Rooney looked calm and creative in the attacking midfield role, De Gea was practically unbeatable aside from the goal, Rashford and Lingard looked dangerous - if a little raw at times.

Wembley here we come!

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
They get a shit penalty.

We have a goal saved with their hand.

We still fecking won.

That'd sink a lesser team. Incredible spirit.
You sure all of that happened? I didn't hear any of that from the pundits.

Some of the most biased punditry I've seen this season and if they'd won today I'd have lost all faith in football.

UNITED! UNITED! UNITED!

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
For once, I thought the Fellaini sub was the wrong one. He was having a great game
He was having an okay game, getting into good positions, and not elbowing people in the head... But I thought him being on the pitch was stopping Rashford getting forward as he kept getting right up with Martial. Pointless.

So I agreed with the sub

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Tony Marshall!! You little beauty.

Great game of football, what a feeling!

Missed this feeling of dramatic wins, big time.

Devil may care

We were good in the first half but faded badly in the second, some good work from the front 3 though and Big Dave steps up for us once again. The winning goal was class from Martial, he'd been our most dangerous player all game and worked the opening and took the chance superbly.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Harsh on Everton if I'm being honest. I thought they were going to win it in the second half. It was a very balanced game and very good to watch.
They had a penalty they shouldn't have had, didn't concede one they should have, and didn't have two players sent off that they should have.

Other than that,yea, harsh on them.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Holy feck. We could actually win the FA fecking CUP???!!!!

Esquire

I'd go gay for Martial.

Van Gaal is fluking some potentially job-saving wins here. His lack of action in the second half could well have cost us the game. The guy is totally clueless as soon as teams don't roll over for us and allow us to control in a 1-0 win.
When Everton was storming us that second half and he was typically just sitting there and looking stoned. We were lucky as Lukaku could have scored a couple more. But who cares for now. Getting into the final was all that counts today.

Drifter

American
Proper FA Cup semi final that. Got a bit nervy second half ,But what a composed goal from Martial.

Red Stone

When Everton was storming us that second half and he was typically just sitting there and looking stoned. We were lucky as Lukaku could have scored a couple more. But who cares for now. Getting into the final was all that counts today.
Agreed. Another huge positive that we avoided the strain of another half hour of football. We need to save as much gas as possible for Leicester.

Man of the Match

Anthony Martial image Anthony Martial 61% of 861 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 606 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw