PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Everton

Post-match discussion

Sun, 28 October 2018

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
No idea why anyone would interpret it as "all on Pogba".

Yes, it's daft of him to attempt a nonchalant flick inside our own half, but it's not like it's an instant dangerous situation..There was absolutely no reason whatsoever for Smalling to lunge in like that, he's not put in a situation where he had to make a desperate last ditch tackle. Pogba makes a mistake, Smalling makes a mistake.
The only reason why SMalling has to try and lunge into that tackle is because we were in possession so he's opening himself up to receive a pass. All of a sudden Pogba gives the ball away foolishly and he's chasing his man. Yes, it was a bad tackle by Smalling, but it's all created by Pogba's horrible giveaway

UncleBob

The only reason why SMalling has to try and lunge into that tackle is because we were in possession so he's opening himself up to receive a pass. All of a sudden Pogba gives the ball away foolishly and he's chasing his man. Yes, it was a bad tackle by Smalling, but it's all created by Pogba's horrible giveaway
He doesn't have to try to lunge in, that's the entire point....Smalling just have to stay on his feet and close the angle towards goal, Richarlison isn't going straight at goal.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
José cost Martial a world cup medal
Of course he did.
He is also to blame for:
Brexit
Global warming
Donald Trump
The clocks going back
The clocks going forward
The big bang

Anybody care to add anything else.

keener

I think it's a bit harsh that some media is calling for an FA investigation into Martial's penalty. So many penalties are far worse but I do hate it when a player stops running and just doesn't put their next step forward. Just keep running! He'd have been tripped if he strides forward with his right leg in a normal fashion as the defender certainly was impeding his pathway.

But then again, why am I still getting upset about the media comments on United? Haven't I learned?

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
He doesn't have to try to lunge in, that's the entire point....Smalling just have to stay on his feet and close the angle towards goal, Richarlison isn't going straight at goal.
I get that. Mind you, I was surprised he didn't get the ball. I thought he was there. Never the less, without Pogba's stupidity and trying to show off, Smalling is never put in that situation in the first place...

UncleBob

I get that. Mind you, I was surprised he didn't get the ball. I thought he was there. Never the less, without Pogba's stupidity and trying to show off, Smalling is never put in that situation in the first place...
Smallings brainfart is bigger than Pogbas. There's no reason whatsoever to lunge in like that. If Richarlison was one on one against De Gea heading straight towards goal, then a desperate tackle is somewhat acceptable, but the angle is is getting narrower and he's not in a good position to get a shot in. Stay on your feet, stay close to him and it will be extremely difficult to get a good enough shot away. It's bizarre to suggest that Pogba making a mistake means that any mistakes after that is excused. If Smalling had roundhouse kicked the fudge out of Richarlison, would that also have been because he was put in a situation ?

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Perfectly correct, but remember if there is a defensive error it is always Chris Smalling fault.

lex talionis

Smallings brainfart is bigger than Pogbas. There's no reason whatsoever to lunge in like that. If Richarlison was one on one against De Gea heading straight towards goal, then a desperate tackle is somewhat acceptable, but the angle is is getting narrower and he's not in a good position to get a shot in. Stay on your feet, stay close to him and it will be extremely difficult to get a good enough shot away. It's bizarre to suggest that Pogba making a mistake means that any mistakes after that is excused. If Smalling had roundhouse kicked the fudge out of Richarlison, would that also have been because he was put in a situation ?
This.

Smalling was close to 100% responsible for the goal. If not 100%, then maybe only 98% with Pogba coming in at 2%.

A lot of misplayed balls in midfield lead to a change of possession and we can certainly blame Pogba for the change in possession. But Smalling made the wrong decision to go for the tackle when he didn't have to. And he missed the ball badly, leading to the rightly awarded penalty.

The_Order

Of course he did.
He is also to blame for:
Brexit
Global warming
Donald Trump
The clocks going back
The clocks going forward
The big bang

Anybody care to add anything else.
Manchester United's position as a mid table team playing dire football and becoming a laughing stock

Go on, do a funny,

Post something clever and witty

Jose zealots, never change

Greek9

Supports
Panathinaikos
Manchester United's position as a mid table team playing dire football and becoming a laughing stock

Go on, do a funny,

If you watched last game that surely ain't dire football, and come end of the season about League position, if the team is still mid table then sure but you know it will never happen...

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

Go on, do a funny,

Flattery will get you nowhere, but thank you for the compliment.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I know most people will go for Marital as MoM but Lindeloff was brilliant at the back again and nothing has changed my opinion of Pogba: he's a twat! His penalties are going to cost us dear one day soon. And wow.. how lacking in confidence is Lukaku. One minute scoring for fun, next not even able to time a jump to head the ball... Overall, we deserved to win and I don't care what idiot pundits say: it was a penalty. It was a foul, it was in the area and it was deliberate

Man of the Match

Anthony Martial image Anthony Martial 78% of 641 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 442 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw