PL L FA Premier League

Everton 4:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 21 April 2019

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
This interview is the only positive thing to come out of today. Feel proud this guy is manager. Standing up and being honest, clearly very angry and upset but holding it together and not singling out any players.

If some players thought they could pull the same trick as they did with Mourinho then they are mistaken. The translator had a fragile ego that was easy to gameplay.

Ole will hold real power now and some players have shown themselves up badly.

Some should be training with the Women's team to see what real hard work, effort and a love of the game looks like. However I suspect Casey would have marched them out of the ground a long time ago.
Loved how he said about he wants them to be the hardest working team. Maybe some of them don't fancy knuckling down to a bit of hard work. I said in the gamethread for the women yesterday, that this lot should give those girls a guard of honour, if they find it humiliating, then tough.

Sing you a song

Something feels off.

To show so little effort and desire in such a crucial game is baffling.

Coincidentally, the last time I remember thinking something wasn't right was the Spurs defeat in August. We ran 10km fewer than Spurs.

Today we ran 8km fewer than Everton.

As much as you don't want to give credence to what we're hearing/reading about matters behind the scenes, it's not difficult to believe that there might be trouble in camp.
Yes there is trouble in the camp Pogba , martial , lukaku and others a disgrace to the shirt they crapped all over Jose now they are doing it all over Ole
Absolutely lowest of the low please god fund a way of clearing these parasites out.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
4-0 to Everton :lol: This squad needs to completely dismantled and rebuilt. Bar a couple of players I’d ship the lot out.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
One game closer to Ole being sacked.
I'm beginning to think that he may not last next season.
At present we are showing relegation form and if that continues into next season, he'll be fired in 2-3 months.
The problem is that the manager will take the fall, on behalf of the players, just as Jose did.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Ole is not going anywhere soon. I hope he gets rid of all the players.
I beg to differ. If this relegation form continues into next season, he'll be fired faster than Moyes was.
Jose and LVG were the kinds of managers who would get time, due to their status and history. Sokjaer has none of that, and will be axed ruthlessly.
Let's hope that something clicks during the Summer and we are able to win matches at the start of next season.

Sing you a song

I beg to differ. If this relegation form continues into next season, he'll be fired faster than Moyes was.
Jose and LVG were the kinds of managers who would get time, due to their status and history. Sokjaer has none of that, and will be axed ruthlessly.
Let's hope that something clicks during the Summer and we are able to win matches at the start of next season.
The ones that were here with LVG , were crap for him and crap under Jose and now they are crap for Ole the players are the common denominator pointless sacking the manager again it’s the players that are a disgrace

Eddy_JukeZ

I fast forwarded my DVR after 3-0.

Stopped and saw it was 4-0. Then I turned it off.

The worst performance I've honestly ever seen from us. We looked like 11 players strolling about in a charity match.

Pathetic display.

montpelier

Aside from anything else I thought that the defence, MF & attack looked like they were from 3 different teams todays. There was no coherence between the 3 parts of the team.

RuudTom83

This squad only really challenge for top 4 every other season, they have no experience to fall back on so when the campaign comes to a close they are dreaming about the summer holidays.

Mentally they are a million miles away from playing high level football for a full season.

One off games they can surprise you, but away to Everton in late April...no chance.

Backrow Singer

He, and we, need to have a serious look at some of the characters we’re bringing into the club. If you’ve got good characters you will have a chance of winning even if you aren’t playing well because they will stay in the fight and they’ll have a go. If you’ve got the wrong characters and if you aren’t playing well, I don’t think it should be a suprise when you lose 4-0 away from home like that today and I don’t think it is a suprise.

Very difficult mess to get out of. One way to do it is you sign two or three top, top players. You then hope that those players are good enough to get you results in the short term and in turn, you’ve then got time to build other areas of your team and bring on the other players. I’d say that would fit in well with our team at the minute but there must be a reason why our signings have been so hit and miss in recent years.

I just think we’re asking players who aren’t good enough to be the main men in the team.

ken11

What I'd give for a captain like Roy Keane to sort the dressing room out. Too bad most players in our dressing room are fragile fairies.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Ole won’t be sacked as he unequivocally has the clubs interests at heart, he understands Manchester United and wants to play attacking football. LVG wasn’t sacked for winning the FA cup, he was sacked for playing fire football that the fans hated and for lacking a plan, Jose wasn’t sacked for getting beat by Liverpool he was sacked for his deliberate destructive decisions and not being interested in the success of the team (he gave up). Ole will stick with it no matter what and the fans will stick with him and with longevity and continuity will come success, it won’t be instant but that doesn’t matter because we’ll all be on the journey together and it will be one we can all enjoy and believe in. Looking forward to the ride (appropriate emoji)

Last edited:

ice-bionic red

After today’s result I believe De Gea and Pogba will leave in the summer. I’ll be staggered if they are here next season.

Ashley R1+O

:lol: the nauseating eulogizing about the club. You all wanted this. Every comment talking about SAF not leaving behind a great squad, every comment mindlessly asking for whatever flavour of the month player "WHO CARES 49802490240B PRICE TAG JUST SIGN THE feckER".

You wanted this, you got it. Enjoy it. This will take years to fix now that we've blown the wage bill wide open on players with zero consequences to what they do on the pitch during 90 minutes.

IrishRedDevil

I was in Galway yesterday on the rip for a stag party. Massive hangover today, no sleep last night, 4 hour car journey home, while this game was on the radio. Oh, and I was in the car along with 3 Liverpool supporters...

Hell!

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Matic has come out and said he was the worst player on the pitch.
Why the feck was Fred subbed off and not him?

DSG

:lol: the nauseating eulogizing about the club. You all wanted this. Every comment talking about SAF not leaving behind a great squad, every comment mindlessly asking for whatever flavour of the month player "WHO CARES 49802490240B PRICE TAG JUST SIGN THE feckER".

You wanted this, you got it. Enjoy it. This will take years to fix now that we've blown the wage bill wide open on players with zero consequences to what they do on the pitch during 90 minutes.
Oh. I see. There is a DoF position open... you should apply. Clearly, this is all easy and we have complete idiots in charge.

Efcinpeace

Supports
Everton
I’m glad we won. I think we deserved it and some credit should be given for our performance too.

You have some problems though. Some of your squad are just getting paid and living a life of luxury.

I have never had a problem with your team and support, even if you do refer with some venom to us scousers! We have a lot in common.... and not every scouser supports the red sh*te....... for the long term good of the game, please lose to Man City on Wednesday. It will be forgotten about in 2 weeks. Don’t give klippety and their horrible fans a chance.

Please lose on Wednesday

tony54

Oh. I see. There is a DoF position open... you should apply. Clearly, this is all easy and we have complete idiots in charge.
So the fans are responsible for buying cast offs. Is your name Woodward?

Melville Red

He needs the backing of the board to get rid of Martial, Pogba and a few others.
Then he needs to promote from within because we all know now that we are not going to attract the top signings without CL football.
Of course Woodward won’t back Ole and until we get a DOF we are fecked.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I hope football god won’t be punishing us further by letting Liverpool win the League. That would be a little bit too much.

I have faith in Ole. His style of football suit me to the boot. And now it’s a lot easier to see what improvements can be made.
Under Jose though, it’s like trying to solve traffic problem in Los Angeles. You know the problem, but you just can’t have the solution.

Irishman

Club run so poorly. Massive contracts handed out in last few months to Smalling, Jones, Martial and even Young hardly suggests players will be easily moved on. Depressing stuff.

Surprised there haven't been more comments on this forum about a formal fan protest against the owners.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Absolutely fkn unacceptable. United players strolling about. This is the same lot that won 14 from 17. They have the ability, but it appears not the will.

There are clearly some bad eggs in this club. Pogba is one of them. Sell him. Martial. Sell him. Lukaku can go. Matic, sell him.

I'm absolutely sick of watching these players represent our club.

Pfmpd

Supports
Liverpool
This united team looks worse than what mourinho had going.

Sorry, but your going to get absolutely slaughtered by city. After getting slaughtered by Everton. Wow. Massive summer for united needed.

Kharhaz

Supports
Liverpool
I’m glad we won. I think we deserved it and some credit should be given for our performance too.

You have some problems though. Some of your squad are just getting paid and living a life of luxury.

I have never had a problem with your team and support, even if you do refer with some venom to us scousers! We have a lot in common.... and not every scouser supports the red sh*te....... for the long term good of the game, please lose to Man City on Wednesday. It will be forgotten about in 2 weeks. Don’t give klippety and their horrible fans a chance.

Please lose on Wednesday
You may not realise this, but the 4-0 hammering of United may well have given them the spark or kick up the bum they needed. They now need to perform to save their careers at OT. Whereas a result against Everton may have resulted in a half assed kind of performance, that 4-0 has humiliated everyone at the club. OGS will demand a performance, many of the players will also up their game, they cannot carry on with this poor run they are on and will be determined all the more to put an end to it.

So by all means, beg and plead that they lose to City on wednesday, however thanks to you blue lads, you have probably given them the best incentive to actually perform and deliver a match winning performance at home, against their "noisy neighbours", against the current champions of england, what bigger scalp to claim to show that united are not as bad as that?

So thank you Toffee's, that 4-0 could be the worst result you have got this season!

Reactions: SteveJ

Tapori

Players cannot hide. No way we turn on Ole. That's 2-3-4 different managers for some players and they still don't put hard yards in which should be the bare minimum irrespective of "But there's no proper tactics - the players around talented players are poor - its' this or that"

Ole bringing that ice and it's needed.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Pathetic and disgraceful. Most of the players don't deserve to wear the badge.

RedCurry

It was a silly starting lineup to begin with. Dalot is nowhere near starting quality, let alone starting as a left-back. Then we had a centre back playing right back. Fred has played his best games alongside McTominay who is a far better midfielder than Matic and somehow gets dropped. Bizarre.

Djemba-Djemba

It was a silly starting lineup to begin with. Dalot is nowhere near starting quality, let alone starting as a left-back. Then we had a centre back playing right back. Fred has played his best games alongside McTominay who is a far better midfielder than Matic and somehow gets dropped. Bizarre.
Who else was there to play at fullback?

Maybe we could bring in some kids, difficult to see how they could be worse.

Scholsey2004

Please lose on Wednesday
Look at our form against city and our current form. Santa's coming early for you I reckon.

RedCurry

Who else was there to play at fullback?

Maybe we could bring in some kids, difficult to see how they could be worse.
The forgotten man Darmian maybe? He’s not the best but he’s still better than Dalot and Lindelof at right back.

Djemba-Djemba

The forgotten man Darmian maybe? He’s not the best but he’s still better than Dalot and Lindelof at right back.
I dunno, he's shite and he's barely played.

The last time i remember seeing him he was getting ripped apart by a championship winger in the FA Cup 3rd round.

And as shite as Dalot was, the only other options at left back were Young and Rojo.

Shit from top to bottom our squad. Especially in defence.

MrSingh2002

What if Ole's not actually a good coach and doesn't know how to really have the team controlling games? It looks that way to me. When the honeymoon period and the players short lived motivation went... we've been horrible.

RedDevil@84

Glad to have skipped watching this for some family time.
Tried to catch this on phone for a few minutes and that was when the 2nd went in.
Went back to doing what I was previously doing

What a disaster of a result

Player Ratings

2.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 433 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results