PL L FA Premier League

Everton 4:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 21 April 2019

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The match going fans tend to be super supportive however things are going. They were like this with Moyes right to the end.
It's the caf lot who are super negative given any chance.

Somewhere in the middle, a bit further to the negative end today is probably the correct position!
There's being supportive and there is passively accepting this shit.

They should be tearing strips off the players for that level of performance.

TheReligion

Abusive
Someone will link it i'm sure. Called the performance "rancid" and said there's a few players who have tons of talent but don't try. Looked disgusted that Everton covered more distance than Man United and gave Liverpool and Man City as examples of having very talented players who work their socks off.
He's not wrong. Really bipolar this bunch. Quite capable but mentally weak. Not sure what it is.

hobbers

Obviously we're all City fans on Wednesday but I'm torn between wanting Ole to put out an entirely new 11, because most of these deserve to be dropped obviously, but then another side of me wants him to put the exact same 11 in to the firepit to see if they can face their demons.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I blamed Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho.

It’s the players and has been all along.
Well stop blaming just the players, for feck sakes. Literally the entire club is rotten to the core. The board, the owners, Woodward, the managers, the players. Everyone has contributed to our downfall.

UpWithRivers

Yes players are sht. But Ole and staff take the blame as well. It wasn't just sht players out there it was a bunch of strangers. They had no idea what each other was doing. Partly due to Ole being a tinkerman and partly coaching. They should cover the whole of the training ground in mirrors.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Obviously we're all City fans on Wednesday but I'm torn between wanting Ole to put out an entirely new 11, because most of these deserve to be dropped obviously, but then another side of me wants him to put the exact same 11 in to the firepit to see if they can face their demons.
Put out Chong and the young lads, and hear Merseyside explode :lol:

Red Viking

We have to be the worst performing team in the league right now and it is scary how bad we look and play. We can not defend like a mediocre team can as we have let in around 50 goals this season. We can not attack like a professional PL team at the moment. We have no organization throughout the team. We have no desire to play. We have no pride as a team. We can not pass a football more than 10 meters and even that is a challenge with these players. We have no direction on the pitch or off it. We have become a team that deserves to be called a joke.

The most scary thing is the players or the board level staff properly won´t see any consequences from it as our fans won´t have the courage to kick up a fuss and show some serious discontent against the club for underperforming in the name of support. Our fans need to help motivate by demanding far better from the players/management starting from this summer. If you do not perform adequately you should be facing the music as being nice have not worked with our players.

Minimalist

Hand up if you have any love for a single player we have in the squad (aside from Dave).

Bunch of nobodies to me after watching that.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Hoping to see the players redeem themselves in the next match! They need to make a statement and win the next fixture!
:lol: How kind of you to lend your disinterested support.

Jim Reaper

I would say play the kids against City. But, i dont want Liverpool to win the league and the kids will do better against them then that eleven today.

tomaldinho1

Ole can't be exempt from criticism here - pretty much a Mourinho line up and game plan. Guess what, we played like a Mourinho team. That said, huge issues throughout this squad that need to be addressed immediately that he can't really help. A large proportion of this team simply are too weak technically or mentally in my opinion.

If I hear the phrase 'Manchester united player' again, I think I'll go mad. Glory days are being us, we haven't even challenged for the PL since SAF, class of '92 are in their mid 40's.. we have to move on and create something new no matter how painful the start is because the last few years have shown that throwing money at the problem is no solution.

I really want us to use this as a positive, a huge reset on the dross we've been serving up recently and a way for us to kick off next season with a vision in mind for where we want to be. Get the right players in, more importantly get the wrong players out and drop anyone who isn't keen to be here long term. I want to see aggressive, pressing football and a waving goodbye to the sit deep, passive setups we've grown used to. If we don't evolve we'll keep getting shown up by more and more teams.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Couldn't see anything other than a loss pre match and that what i got. So predictable even just looking at the two lineups. We are Everton level.

Josep Dowling

Nevilles right

Forget talent and potential and "they'll come good". If they are not working hard on the pitch, get rid. They've had time.
I just hope we don’t have another ‘assessment’ of the players in the summer and just push out anyone who isn’t good enough. 8-10 players need shifting.

Chairman Steve

It’s been about 7 hours since our last goal from open play (discounting 2 pens vs West Ham). That is some sad shit.

AndyMUFC

Appalling performance, one of the worst I've ever seen. However, it was feck all to do with team selection or tactics.

Everton ran 4km more than us and were first to everything. The players could not be arsed and the buck stops with them.

RazorOz

The problem with Neville's rants where he invariably defends the managers (and it's far too early to judge Ole so it's not even worth talking about, he needs at least a summer to have a chance to build his own squad) is Neville has over the years defended Utd giving new contracts to a number of the players that have led to this mediocrity and he's effectively saying aren't good enough.

Reactions: SteveJ

TheRedHearted

Didn’t seem to be breathing and connecting with each other. Pretty important game and to start Matic who hasn’t played premier league minutes since I can’t remember when is on Ole. Especially on what seems like a pretty quick Everton team.

Dalot on the left doesn’t work it seems.

Seem to be missing a massive link from midfield to attack. That should be Pogba really. He should be more central. Players closer to each other but a huge disconnect with each other. Everton did a fine job pressing I thought but we also looked lost once they scored. Biggest thing to work on is that mentality and the mentality of working as a team. Moving towards the player who was the ball in certain instances and then opening up in others

Kopral Jono

What were the away fans actually applauding?
They were doing it for themselves if you ask me. The logic behind it was that 'if the team is shit, at least we have the best away following in the country'. This does feck all to improve the predicament we're in on the pitch.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Perhaps this is the kick up the backside these players needed to mobilise a result against city.

youmeletsfly

What boggles my mind is that Ole roasted the players publicly before the game and then half the team can't be arsed to even run.

This looks a bit familiar and it's such a crazy coincidence innit?

OneUnited24

Such a damning stat from bbc

“Manchester United ran 8.03km less than Everton in that match; the biggest negative difference for the Red Devils in a Premier League game since their 0-3 home defeat to Tottenham Hotspur in August 2018 (10.2km less).

They have now run less than their opponents in 15 out of 17 Premier League games under Solskjaer.”

It’s going to take a while to get the fitness levels up and change the way we play. The days of Jose and lvg haven’t gone just yet

crossy1686

career ending
What boggles my mind is that Ole roasted the players publicly before the game and then half the team can't be arsed to even run.

This looks a bit familiar and it's such a crazy coincidence innit?
And yet people are calling for him to be sacked already? How many managers do we have to go through before people realise what the issue is?

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Team is rotten to the core. I wouldn’t begrudge seeing anyone leave at the point. Pogba, De Gea - literally anyone. feck them all out.

Mancnz

Everton ran 8km more.. thats just effort, plain and simple. Im still on board with ole, he got us what 10 wins out of 12?
3 managers in 5 years and now we've got a squad that doesnt fit at all , gut it out.

Player Ratings

2.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 433 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 25% Everton 1:2 Man Utd
  • 14% Everton 0:2 Man Utd