PL L FA Premier League

Everton 4:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 21 April 2019

KomodoBadger

Honestly, what is even the point anymore? It feels like nothing is ever going to change. Like we're destined to be shit forever. Maybe we should just give up, as a club.

It doesn't matter who's the manager. It doesn't matter who's on the pitch. It doesn't matter who we buy. We're just a graveyard for players anyway. I'm certainly not going to bother with following the summer transfer window - even if we buy 10 players for a billion pounds, we'll still only fight for top 4 last season while unable to string two passes together in most games.
You’ve basically summed up how I feel.

Devil may care

I've not been this angry in a long time, the sheer hopelessness I felt watching that was unbelieveable, the performance was spineless, clueless and pathetic from each and every one of those players, I gave them all 1/10, something I have never done before, I can barely think of a worse United performance, just utter dogshit from front to back.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
OGS won't be able to handle this shit show, he'll be eaten alive.

He thinks he can say and do what SAF did. Rude awakening

buchansleftleg

They should walk back down the East Lancs road and thumb for a lift from the fans.

I think few cars would stop and Martial would still be there on Thursday, pretending to jog back whilst going slower than walking pace.

haram

Why was Pogba playing so high up in the first half.
Why was Dalot playing on the left.
What was that Matic and Fred midfield two.
Rashford and Martial on each wing is fecking shit, always has been.
Phil Jones can feck off and so can Ed Woodward. fecking liability.

AgentP

Zero positives today. Not a single player did anything worth credit. Absolute dross. Worst performance since Moyes' loss to Everton.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Starting Matic looked to be a bad idea, in the end. It seemed like the plan was to have Matic and Fred sit so that Dalot and the other attacking players could be freed up. The whole time, however, we struggled to keep possession of the ball, and any time Everton got control of it, we dropped way too deep. Matic in the lineup allowed Everton way too much time in the midfield to build up their attacks. Fred didn't want to push up and leave him isolated, and the rest of the back line had to drop back because Matic was. Everton weren't even enterprising; they were just direct. We wilted under the pressure. There were no particular individual mistakes, just an overall lack of effort.

Ole's mistake in starting Matic wasn't the key decisive factor, though. The way we played the whole time suggested a lack of confidence and self-belief in the players. None of them wanted to play in a relatively more hostile atmosphere in Goodison Park. None of them wanted to face any of the attacks from Everton. None of them really wanted to try hard enough to beat Everton. Instead of trying to protect their dignity and play knowing that they need to work hard to win, they stopped putting in any effort to really go for a win.

This is quite reminiscent of Arsenal under Wenger, except our players are just giving up from the start instead of trying to save their own faces. I think most of them have already given up on this season; there's nothing else that can explain their lack of fight and effort.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
The club is fecked unfortunately. It won't happen, but we should really be giving as much time to the likes of Garner, Gomes, Greenwood and Chong as we possibly can before the end of the season.

rio's upper lip

1-2 signings
Yes. Couple of decent signings, nothing too extreme. Just need to tinker a bit. Got some incredible talent at our disposal already, no need for wholesale changes.

Right.

These last few transfer windows have been atrocious. Now we've appointed a manager that can't get a decent 10 minute spell out of this side, let alone a whole game. How the feck we couldn't have waited to announce his full time contract is beyond me. Ed and the board need to have a long, hard look at themselves.

logan99

Ole is at the wheel ... of a car that falls down a ravine.
This team needs major surgery
there is no passion
there is no identity
there is no leader
there is no football idea

Andersons Dietician

For all Pogba’s good passes and obvious quality he ignores about 90% of the good runs our forwards make.
There was one moment where Lukaku made 3 runs all ignored. Then 1 where he occupies the 2 CB’s, McT makes a great run ignored. Same with Martial, made good little runs again ignored.

He honestly just needs to get better at the mental and decision part of the game.

Betson

Far too early to be rounding on Ole , this is not his team. At least let him get his own players in before we start hammering him.

vidic blood & sand

I remember back in 84 losing there 5:0. Atkinson locked them in the dressing room and ripped them a new one.
Our current squad is too egotistic and mentally fragile for that nowdays. Sad times.

Hoof the ball

Can you imagine if this squad, fresh off the worst losing streak since the early 80s, compounds things worse by actually making history and handing Liverpool the title by beating City?

Don't you dare....

Super Hans

Honestly, what is even the point anymore? It feels like nothing is ever going to change. Like we're destined to be shit forever. Maybe we should just give up, as a club.

It doesn't matter who's the manager. It doesn't matter who's on the pitch. It doesn't matter who we buy. We're just a graveyard for players anyway. I'm certainly not going to bother with following the summer transfer window - even if we buy 10 players for a billion pounds, we'll still only fight for top 4 last season while unable to string two passes together in most games.
Looooooool

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Gary Neville was right, way back before Ole got the job - The club is rotten to the core. It's way bigger than just the managerial appointment. The squad we've acquired and the wages they're earning, the technical structure above the manager, the ambition of the people in charge, it all needs to be tipped on its head.

siw2007

Embarrassing performance. Nowhere for players to hide now, fans will side with Ole.

Reddy Rederson

Oles should be the phone to molde asking for his old job back. Run, ole. Run before you get the blame for everything like moyes, lvg, and Jose before you.

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Even at the peak of the 'bounce', I wasn't convinced Ole was the man to appoint... my worst fears are now bring realised.

Frankly, I'm hoping theres some clause in his contract that allows him to be moved on if there's an appalling drop in form... can't see it though.

We are in a terrible mess now. If we assume Ole must stay then surely a really top drawer DoF is a must to give this the remotest hope of working. I'd vote Paul Mitchell but I still have serious doubts it's enough.

I desperately hope everything I've just written is total crap.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Pathetic from the players. We need to shipped players who doesn’t put in their heart and soul to this as well as average players.

Martial, Fred, Lukaku, Young, Smalling, Jones, Darmian, Rojo, Matic, Bailly, Lingard, Sanchez

Oh god, why do we have so many such players. I am speechless.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Would we be in a worse position if we'd let Mourinho get shot of the players he wanted to last summer? Nope. 'Potential', 'talent'. Feck me. :lol:

Looking at that we need a new right back, a left back to come in when Shaw's out, a world class centre back, a mobile defensive midfielder, a box to box midfielder, probably a right winger. Its shocking how far behind we are.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I'll just say what I said in July which brought abuse and the closure of the thread. The club is in danger of losing its soul, it's dying and the rot starts at the top with overpaid "legends". we can't even stick to a promise of appointing a director of football and not naming the manger til end of season. On the field, no one deserves to play next week. DDG is done; his mind is elsewhere. for some time he was very possibly the best keeper in the world; I'm not sure he's the best keeper at the club (or in Manchester) right now. His errors in the past few weeks have to been down to lack of concentration which is a disaster or a keeper. Gary Neville is laying into the players right now and he is right. Defence is a mess: only keep Lindelof and Shaw, the rest can go. Midfield: no one deserves to be at United (Scotty McT is young so can be given a chance. Forwards: don't make me laugh. Possibly Lukaku would score goals if we play to his strengths. everyone else can feck off

ManUtd1999

It appears Jose was right, the players are shite! Thats why he played the likes of Fellaini and Mctominay etc over “established” players.. because they put 100% in every game regardless of their technical ability. Jose may of been toxic with regards to his man management, but today just shows the many numptys on here who said “ if players are happy they will perform etc”. They haven’t and they wont.

OGS has came in, laughing and joking with the players, which is fine when you’re winning, we’re the worst we’ve been since Moyes maybe on par so OGS has to find his balls and make the correct decisions for Wednesday and with transfers.
I wish that we had today, and in recent weeks, some of the fighting spirit of Fellaini.

Major surgery required. That was a rockbottom performance from us. Attitude stinks out there. Lacking heart, desire and just effort, which is criminal.

As bad a performance as i've ever seen from us. Too many 2nd and 3rd chances have been given. Need to be ruthless with our decision making.

Siorac

Can you imagine if this squad, fresh off the worst losing streak since the early 80s, compounds things worse by actually making history and handing Liverpool the title by beating City?

Don't you dare....
I can't imagine this lot even scoring a goal against City.

ants7

Going full Ty here and say at least it was not five.

I was not confident we would win but I definitely did not see that coming. Would love to hear the story behind all this.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Would we be in a worse position if we'd let Mourinho get shot of the players he wanted to last summer? Nope. 'Potential', 'talent'. Feck me. :lol:

Looking at that we need a new right back, a left back to come in when Shaw's out, a world class centre back, a mobile defensive midfielder, a box to box midfielder, probably a right winger. Its shocking how far behind we are.
think we probably need two wingers

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Both Van Gaal and Mourinho bought a shitload of their own players.

It's the club. As a whole. We're just steeped in shit. Our blood and DNA have turned to shit.
And it's mainly a different group of players. People making the point that you quoted don't actually think. And I agree with you it's the club as a whole, in particular executives and managers.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I can't imagine this lot even scoring a goal against City.
I'm heading up on Wed, and I've seen 3 United goals in 8 games this season. So I can certainly say we won't score many!

EwanI Ted

Godawful, but this has been long in the making. The team is 3/4 filled with players who are just not good enough and 1/4 filled with players who can be good on their day but are way too streaky to rely on. Its hard to name a single player who's a solid reliable performer week after week. So when the streaky ones have poor runs, like they are doing right now, we're there for the taking by any team who plays well. Just looking forward to the season finishing at this point.

Player Ratings

2.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 433 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 25% Everton 1:2 Man Utd
  • 14% Everton 0:2 Man Utd