PL D FA Premier League

Everton 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 01 March 2020

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I wish Everton got relegated. I know they won't this season, obviously, but I wouldn't miss the cnuts. Just once I'd like to see them play with this energy against Liverpool instead of meekly rolling over.

Our second half was abysmal, we completely fell apart. So many sloppy passes from the midfielders, it was a bit bewildering after the promising first half.
This too.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Nothing new. De gea costing us champions league football two years in a row now. But hey he made me that one save in the end so I guess we should be grateful or something.
What a mind-bogglingly stupid post.

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Utterly pathetic second half. Not one player turned up. Ighalo should have wellied that effort, instead of trying to place it. Maybe tiredness from Thursday, but yet another chance to close the gap to 4th blown.

SAFMUTD

Great first half and shit circus on the second, it seems we ran out of space jam water.

MrBest

Not the worst outcome. Yeah we want to be beating them but they are in great form and other teams around us dropping points is good.
We seriously should of been beating them. They were awful at the start and we made them look good after. No disrespect to them, but it is only Everton.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Take the point and run after the second half performance.
De Geas mistake was pathetic, people will be rightfully questioning if he’s good enough for us still.
Massive games coming up now, I don’t know if we have the consistency to get that fourth spot.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
It was always coming.

I'm actually surprised we didn't lose. There's about zero consistency and backbone to this team. A good game or two are always followed by crap. Always.

SouthPredators4

Wanted to blame Ole for the poor 2nd half but realised its just a lack of quality in our midfield and attack.

vodrake

Correct me if im wrong, but if its deflected off your own player, then offside is basically a non factor is it not? I'm sure that has always been the rule?
Offide is considered if it's potentially interfering with play, even if they don't touch. I guess they though Sigurdsson was possibly blocking De Geas view/making it harder for him to reach the ball

Superunknown

The team that started the second half was not the same team that finished the first. Poor attitude and didn't look at all like we were going to kick on and get the winner. This team are allergic to challenging for a top 4 spot.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
1. Bruno is good. Good shot and good passing game overall. What a signing!
2. Last season De Gea is back, maybe next season we should try Henderson instead
3. We are still shite. Dominated by Everton in 2nd half suggest something not right with this team, still need a big rebuild project ahead.
4. VAR is always our best friend.

Eriku

Goodison Park is often tricky for us, and Everton were full of shithousery and the ref was abysmal. Add to that the fact that De Gea gifted them a goal right from the off and you get a rough fixture.

At least we're not Spurs, losing a lead at home and being overtaken by Wolves. Hopefully we'll outperform expectations in the next few matches.

And OMG Oghalo should have had a goal, that would have been sooooo brilliant if Pickford didn't miraculously keep that out.

Gasolin

Freak result for me, but it will force us to play for 4th only. I think if we had Rashford and Pogba, this game can be different as we would have the ability to create from both Pogba and Brunon + AWB.

R'hllor

After decent 1st half, you come out in 2nd 10x worse after team talk, what they got told i wonder. Overall piss poor, late subs yet again.

JG3001

Good first half. Not great in the second half.

Could have nicked it there at the end.

Bruno looked really good.

Martial i thought was poor. He has better ability than Calvert Lewin and yet watching the match you would say Calvert Lewin played better.
Martial wouldn’t have survived under Ferguson, cheap mans Berbatov.

I’ve tried to stick by him as he does have talent, but run out of patience. I think we can do better.

morbidsaint

Deansgate preaching scientology with Tom Cruise
Fernandes, Fred and Harry. Only players that delivered quality worthy of Manchester United. Wan Bissaka is nowhere near good enough offensively. Horrific to watch.

How come VAR can't step in on situations like that one with Fred's "kneeball"? Holy hell, that ref should be suspended from PL-games only for that.

Krits

I thought our tactics were wrong from the start. Way to narrow. Martial and greenwood out wide without someone spearheading is wasteful. Should have had Ighalo from the start. This front two being wise didn’t work at all. I put this one to Ole. Don’t think Diamond is for us cause our fullbacks aren’t tricky.

DevilRed

Draw was the right result. Thought our midfield was a little too lightweight at the end. When the chips are down, I just don't think Fred is good enough to command such an important position in the team. He constantly gave the ball away and is prone to conceding freekicks. He gets surrounded immediately and opponents are targeting him to win the ball back from us in dangerous positions.

However, it was a performance full of fight and belief. We have a special player in Bruno who almost won the game for us. Igahlo really should have finished that.

I also think that Lindelof is inferior to Bailly and/or Tuanzebe. Its an area we need to improve upon. We can get a better defender to partner Maguire. Someone who is more aggressive and athletic.

With Rashford and Pogba in the place of Fred and Mason, I think we win this one.

With spuds losing as well we have made a step towards "top 5", although wolves are looking decent.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Fair result. We were much better first half. They were much better second half.

Awful mistake from De Gea but he was alright after it.
Maguire fantastic.
Bruno fantastic.
Ighalo isn’t good enough but he tries his best and was unlucky not to score. Freak save from pickford

I’d be fuming if we had a goal ruled out for that at the end

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
we are poor and poorly coached. williams for martial with a few minutes to go should end any debate about whether ole is an attacking manager.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Nah, that is shite. You were better in the first half and dominated the midfield as I expected and the ref was giving silly yellows to you for no reason which was unfair but we were much better in the 2nd half. Maguire was excellent in organising your defence and showed signs of the leadership he was expected to bring but you were really poor going forward in the latter stages aside from Fernandes who is going to be brilliant for you.

I'd wager most of you would be livid if the goal at the end got disallowed for you. There is no way that De Gea would have time to react if Gylfi wasn't there. He didn't need to adjust because of him and he could see over him so there was no obstruction to De Gea. He followed the path of the ball from when DCL hit it and from when it deflected from Maguire. It was just one of those goals that was very lucky and left a keeper with no chance to react. With or without Gylfi being there. Obviously I will be a bit biased but it was a poor choice to disallow it.

The ref didn't have great control on the game either and I'm interested to hear what Carlo said to him. Don't like to abuse them but good on Carlo for sticking up for a poor decision.

Xeno

- Martial and Greenwood showing no movement or desire
Greenwood's movement was great first half. Martial his usual lazy self. There was one where Bruno played a brilliant ball and he hadn't even started moving until after it was played. No desire.

L1nk

Offide is considered if it's potentially interfering with play, even if they don't touch. I guess they though Sigurdsson was possibly blocking De Geas view/making it harder for him to reach the ball
Yeah i get that, but because it came off Lindelof i didn't think it would matter, if the ball didnt hit Lindelof then yeah offside absolutely, but because it has then usually they've never considered it an offside? I dunno, just felt like a weird decision considering what ive seen over the years, glad it benifited us of course.

hobbers

Looked like there was some sort of competition going on to see who could give it away more in more pathetic ways. Fred and AWB the clear winners.

Ole threw the game when he put Mata on. Down to 10 men and in the usual toothless formation. Really clever in game management from him as usual.

Martial back to his usual self second half. So disinterested. Greenwood and Bruno burned themselves out.

El Zoido

Not sure the panic, we did fine against a good team. We were better in the first half, they edged the second. Welcome to football. A draw here is a decent result.

Man of the Match

Bruno Fernandes image Bruno Fernandes 48% of 295 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 309 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw