Everton 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 01 March 2020

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It’s not disallowed because “de gea wouldn’t have got there” . That isn’t the rule, in fact I don’t see what relevance it has at all.
He’s sat in front of him directly on the ground, about 1 foot away and there’s a question whether or not he’s in his eye line? As in What? unless David De Gea’s eyesight works differently to normal people’s there is no way Sigurdsson was not in his view. Degea could not have judged the path of the ball without seeing Sigurdsson because the ball was on the ground along with Sigurdsson. Dunno why I’m surprised though, judging by the Everton fans at the game today, all the fake injustice with the booing of the ref at half time and full time, genuinely laughable. Can’t even tackle an Everton player clean without the weirdos at Goodison shouting for free kicks.
De Gea is 6'3. I'm only 6'1 and I'd be able to see over him ffs.

DevilRed

Had a chance to win it in the end but fluffed our lines! Fine margins.

Im seeing improvement in the fight and spirit of the team though. We would have lost a match like this last season (we did).

I just wonder what we can do with Pogba and Rashford back and fit.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
We played tired in the 2nd half. I wonder how many players are in the orange and red zones in terms of minutes.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Why is everyone talking about top 4? Are we all assuming City's ban won't stand?

Jonno

"The defence is fine, look how good Maguire was"

And the 3 other clowns? I swear people here become fans of one player and get blinded to what's actually going on. Our defence is a nightmare despite over 100m spent :lol:
3 other clowns? You mean... Lindelof maybe was poor, but AWB and Shaw were largely solid today. Apart from a fluke goal, we put on a defensive masterclass.

Ludens the Red

De Gea is 6'3. I'm only 6'1 and I'd be able to see over him ffs.
Yes but you would still see him on the floor. If you stood up wherever you are now and looked straight ahead, you would still see parts of the ground let alone a 6 foot tall blonde Icelandic man and if you don’t I’d seek medical care immediately.
If Sigurdsson was the other side of Degea or further to the right then it would have been allowed.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
3 other clowns? You mean... Lindelof maybe was poor, but AWB and Shaw were largely solid today. Apart from a fluke goal, we put on a defensive masterclass.
I thought Lindelof had a good game?

UnitedChampionsAgain

The extra minutes we played over the week showed in the last half hour.

Can't way to see Everton bring that same energy and shithousing when they play Liverpool.
You could bet anything they won't.
Raise their game against us but lie down and take a walloping against that other lot.

Irrational.

I suppose you think we should win every game. Look at this way, we closed the gap on Liv this weekend.
Today should have been a banker especially considering Everton have been shit and having watched Chelsea drop points, so that we can allow for blips like when we lose to City next weekend.

Schmeichel=God

First half we dominated and the second half they got to grips with the diamond and started to overpower us a bit. Fair result.
"A bit"? It felt like utter domination. All those corners and the repeated inability to even exit our half successfully.

A fair result I suppose. A weird one though! It feels like I've watched two different opposition teams today with how different those two halves were; and given Everton's intensity through to the final whistle you'd think they had a fresh 11 for the second half.

OT1214

Martial and Greenwood were basically operating from either flank. If we had a proper CF we would have won that game.
And I think it’s a good point earned. We would have lost the game if this was somewhere in Nov-Dec. Our fixture ease up a bit after Spurs game, so it’s really upto us to grab that 4th place.

Denis79

We had a great reaction after De Gea's mistake, we took control of the midfield and dominated the first half. Don't understand why we capitulated in the 2nd though, we played as if we were defending a lead. A draw is a good result at Goodison, also a fair result.

I think we were lucky that VAR abolished the goal, don't feel Sigurdsson obstructed De Gea's view, nor change the decisions he took. Even if he wasn't where he was it would have resulted in a goal.

Denis' cuff

The player on the ground was clearly a distraction. Could’ve gone either way though. New castle at home a couple of years back; player was down and offside directly in front of Dave and ref allowed the goal. Weird.

Tony247

AWB needs a rest. When Ole going to recognize that?

Martial and Greenwood were anonymous.

Bruno, Fred and Matic where good in first half. Second half was equally poor by them. Bruno at least was better.

Ref was horrible. And thank god to VAR....again.

bondsname

We could've closed the gap but it ends in disappointment. Now we have even more difficult games coming up so I hope we win those.

fps

That's a very fortunate decision at the end, because with or without the chap on the floor that was going to be a goal. Really it's Sigurdsson's fault for not getting up and out the way, made it just plausible enough.

theklr

"A bit"? It felt like utter domination. All those corners and the repeated inability to even exit our half successfully.

A fair result I suppose. A weird one though! It feels like I've watched two different opposition teams today with how different those two halves were; and given Everton's intensity through to the final whistle you'd think they had a fresh 11 for the second half.
I guess playing Brugge affected the players, at least since we used our full strength XI . Why they kept on running in the game is beyond me...

At least we can rest some players against Derby.

PaulScholes99

Not too happy with the game but also not mad. Mixed feelings, Everton was really physical and played good, we were dead after 60 minutes. First 60 we were good.

Bruno again with some magic touches beside his goal which was a bit of a gift from Pickford. He has some weaknesses in his game like losing the ball in positions he shouldn't sometimes, but the difference between him and Lingard/Pereira, wow.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
I was so excited for this and disappointed I wasn't going to be able to watch it, but seems like it might have been a bit of a dodged bullet, again. You'd have thought I'd have learned recently not to get my hopes up for this team.

Other than the goal, I did enjoy misreading their first sub's name as Vagina though.

Irrational.

A point today is an excellent result. They’ve largely improved under a world class manager. We’ve ended Everton’s hopes of overtaking us, moved a point clear of Spurs, matched Chelsea.

Bigger picture.
Looking at the even bigger picture we have City next weekend. Just hope we don't fall too far behind.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I thought they all had a solid game, Lindelof if i had to pick one was the weak link, slightly ran ragged. I fail to understand who the 3 clowns were when we’ve just put a defensive masterclass on.
Agreed, it was the attackers/Fred who were poor.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mad error from De Gea, but came into the game and Bruno makes such a difference.

Average second half, with just the one real superb chance late on, but I dare say most of us would have taken a draw. And getting away with that last min shenanigans only adds to that!

dirkey

Today should have been a banker especially considering Everton have been shit and having watched Chelsea drop points, so that we can allow for blips like when we lose to City next weekend.
Rubbish. Irrational is right.

Okey

Phew! Got away with one there. We got battered in the last quarter of that game! They played even better than last season's 4 nil. Everton are looking real good under Ancelotti. Calvert-Lewin looks a different player. We escaped with a draw though, whereas last season we lose that easily. Disappointing, but could have been worse. Recover and go again...

Tony247

Ole's lack of proactive-ness is so frustrating at times. He watches the dreadful performance for 25-30 mins and then wakes up leaving little time for new players to settle in.

OrcaFat

The positives are a point away from home and a much much improved defensive display versus set pieces and crosses, credit to Maguire in particular for that.

Elsewhere poor on the ball; Bruno the only one looking like he had the quality but even he overhit it a couple of times and no control from us in midfield. Also an absolute pisspoor mistake from De Gea, giving him that massive deal has proven to be an error from us, as I'd happily part company and get Henderson installed as number one.

Once again when we're given a sniff of top four we find a way to waste it, so frustrating and predictable.
Mostly agree.

Bruno looktired to me second half, kept overrunning the ball and was a tad less composed. What a player though. Will be great for us.

Bit harsh on De Gea, I think. For each mistake he pays back with saves that many keepers wouldn’t make.

I’m also peeved that we can’t get a few more results just when we’re right on the cusp of 4th - always seem to drop points then. On the plus side, we’re back in the mix for top four after being 8th / 9th not so long ago.

LVGSdive

I was really impressed with Evertons corners. Every one was put into the right area. Too many teams now play pointless short corners or hit the first man. If it wasn't for Maguires excellent defending we would have lost today.

The Irish Connection

They were obviously getting pissed with the treatment of Richarlison and I thought it was quite good to see a bit of aggression from both sides.
I know what you mean but Everton will likely ease off against other teams. They always seem extra up for it against us. They were winning second balls like demons 2nd half. Maybe we should have matched them.

Man of the Match

Bruno Fernandes image Bruno Fernandes 48% of 295 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 309 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw