LC W League Cup Quarter-Final

Everton 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 23 December 2020

TrustInOle

Dominant. Not once did we look in danger, and loved killing them off at the end. Cavani's strike :drool:

What's our away record now?

Irwin99

Dominant performance. Credit where it's due, Pogba was very good again.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Waaaaa Waaaa Waaaa Bruno played 90 minutes Waaa Waaaa Waaa

Really good first 30 minutes and last 10 minutes. The scoreboard was lying until Cavani scored. Surprised how dominant we were against Everton playing their strongest available team.

We essentially played Bruno, Maguire and our current second XI. We have a deep squad and it shows now we are playing with confidence.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Get in. Only annoying part is we ran Bruno for 90 minutes... he'll desperately need a rest soon. Deserved win but we fecked up too many chances til Cavani's brilliant goal.

Rabbiz

I thought that was sublime from a rotated side. Dominated. Everton barely had a chance.

United58

Very impressed by Ole and the boys today, and that's coming from someone who isn't "Ole = SAF" like many on the Caf. Long may this run continue!

siw2007

Very good performance and well deserved victory. Most players played well, though for me Cavani gets the plaudits for his goal, was worried he’d get the red for one moment though.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Weird game. There was a moment in the second half where the ball bounced off about 10 players before Martial then air kicked the ball...

Great quality at the end though... Should have scored 3 or 4.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
A weird game. You'd have said 2-0 would have been no less than we deserved after 20 minutes but over the entire piece it seems to flatter us given the ridiculous heavy weather we made of the match. Another 90 minutes in Bruno's legs is not ideal and the game was listless for too long a period in the middle but we can't complain with being the better team over the 90, Cavani's superb strike and a place in the semis.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
About as dominant as I can ever remember us being at Goodison. Granted we didn’t do an awful lot with it from 40 - 85 mins, but nevertheless, well deserved.

always_hoping

A great nights work to win against a tricky opponent after making nine changes to the starting line up. Cavani showed his quality and the icing on the cake with Martial getting a confidence boosting goal.

Toad

Good game for Pogba, Cavani and Telles for me. Fernandes and Rashford (when he came on) were pretty wank from what we usually expect.

LS17

9 changes to the team against one of the better teams in the league that is a great result. Seriously good performance from everyone out there, solid and dominated for most and never really gave them a chance.

Anybody's Guess

Good start, then a long period of incredibly sloppy and poor stuff, finished off by a moment of quality while dumb and dumber came on with the sole intent of being shit. Rashford's first 10 touches was some peak Rooney nightmares.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
It would have been a travesty if Everton nicked that. I am so happy we won! Would love a trophy - any trophy!

Just need a good draw now.

Edit - seriously nice goal by Cavani:drool:

Woodzy

Could have 6 or 7. We are looking like a proper team sometimes, just wish we were more clinical.

Godfather

A pile of wank sandwiched between 10 minutes of good stuff each side of it.

Can't wait to draw Spurs as City get a home tie to Brentford
What. Great first 30 mins and dominating for the whole of the second with some sloppy moments. Good performance overall.

King Eric 7

Brentford next please. Should be one of the easiest semis we've played in a long, long time if we get them.

Judas

Open to offers
Hard not to be positive and excited by that performance from a much changed team. Everton weren't at it really, but we still look like we're a side really growing in confidence.

onemanarmy

If you had told me we would have excellent options from the bench a year ago, I would have laughed. I'm really starting to think we are building something nice here. Just need to add 2-3 quality players and we are contenders.

DickDastardly

Should have been out of sight in the first half really.

Also, that Rashford miss. Dear me.

If we pick up our conversion rate by 10%, we are getting at least one trophy this season.

Just put them on shooting practice all the time!

leontas

Our passing was so sloppy at times. Largely uneventful until a moment of brilliance from Cavani unlocked the Everton defence for us. Otherwise we didn’t seem to threaten much in the second half. Pleased we’re through

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Brilliant game. When there is no high press Matic and Pogba just bosses that midfield area.

If we had a competent right back, think we would have won in first 30 mins

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 244 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 36% Everton 1:2 Man Utd