PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:3 Everton

Post-match discussion

Sat, 06 February 2021

Gazautd18

AWB with a poor decision in giving the ball away with about 4-5 mins to go and the rest just fell into place for Everton.
No game management what so ever.
Piss poor.

Real Name

Never change Cafe.

Said it before, I'll say it again. Playing for United is the easiest job in the fecking world. You can turn up, bottle a lead like that twice (after missing a dozen chances to kill the game off) and go home knowing people will blame the manager.
He has been on Ole's back for months. Sickening.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Who is the bigger pussy? Ole or De Gea?

De Gea doesn't want to play football anymore. Let him go wherever the feck he wants to go.

Ole screws us over with subs every single game making it harder than it needs to be.
How is Ole to blame?

If Rashy had scored one of 3-4 superb chances, or De Gea, Lindelof and Tuanzebe hadn't made such gross errors, we'd have seen that through comfortably.

Judas

Open to offers
Our attack deserves better than what our defence and keeper provides. They completely fecking lost us that game.

Just a real shame to not take 3 points, just bitterly bitterly disappointing.

Barthez

Come on guys, it’s a sickener yes but we have come on leaps and bounds. I love watching us again.
Maybe time to give Henderson a chance but remember the grass isn’t always greener.

performance 8.5/10 for me tonight

CM

Awful decision to chuck Tuanzebe on last minute. We were doing fine managing the game with Greenwood on, and if you are going to make a defensive change, we have Nemanja Matic on the bench.

Rashford had his fair share of missed opportunities and de Gea's made a clanger to let them back in but that kind of result proves why we won't win the title (or probably even seriously challenge City). We aren't close to ruthless enough and probably about 90% of our league wins have been by the odd goal.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I feel sick. You can’t win anything with the deficiencies we have. I thought the way we threw it away tonight was disgraceful.

Member 101269

Everton aren't a bad team, DDG gifted them.

The freekick is 35-40 yards and we cannot defend that?

time to move on..

mav_9me

How the feck we did draw that game. Honestly can’t be arsed with the rest of the season now. This team are just a let down.
Let me ask you something. Do you think we are in a title race? Or before this did you think we were in a title race?

Siorac

Total freak result. We were in complete control of the game. DDG looking shaky. No idea how we didn't get 3 points there. Bruno goal was class though.
Is it really though? Our defenders always do these things nowadays. After the comedy that was Sheffield United's second goal, I can't call this one a freak result: it's something we have to expect of this bunch every so often.

At least it was an entertaining performance. That's a positive.

bsCallout

DDG cannot keep his place after that performance to be honest. So annoyed with this one.

Renegade

Rashford has to bury that chance. People will point to his assist and ignore everything else.

Mike Smalling

I thought AWB was good today. Maguire, De Gea and Lindeloff screwed that for us.
He was lucky not to cost us a goal on more than one occasion, by being two yards deeper than the rest of the line and playing on Everton's forwards.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I really like our defence - even Lindelof - but performances like today are infuriating.

De Gea needed to do better with that last goal. Should have stuck out a leg at least.

Very annoying.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Really good overall performance, but that doesn’t matter when we defend like we do. De Gea was poor, Lindelof again poor, less said about Axel the better. The midfield and attack all did well I thought, just need to look at the defence in the summer. If Henderson isn’t good enough to take a poor De Geas spot then we need to look for a keeper also.

Acole9

Outstanding
We played very well going forward. Just suspect defensively. We need definitely one possibly two new centre backs.

bdspeedy

DeGea has a free kick with 20 seconds to go and we still figure out a way to bottle it. Sick of the sight of Maguire. How is such a mild, weak, distracted player still our captain? Dude's got NO fight in him. Starting to think that Ole's way over his head.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
One of those games, very very unlucky tonight. We have some weak characters in the backline, Lindelof and De Gea need to be looked at as they’re not type of players who stand up and be counted in these scenarios. They’re too inconsistent for title winning material.

Having said that we need to keep a sense of proportion - we were on top 90% of that game. On another day that free kick leads to nothing and we talk about an excellent performance.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Our own fault and not because Everton were good. I was saying at half time we better not become too cocky, which we did.

Should comfortably have won.

I was thinking to myself that we have to kill the game in the second half like City do. Just pass and pass and pass and keep the ball.

RedIan

For large parts we controlled the game and played well... but once again our slow lumbering centre halves are found out by pacey strikers.
And axel is a fecking liability. Basics ! Leading with a Minute to go, dont give away any freekicks in your own half. Just defend and then play keep ball. we were naive in the last few minutes. Control the ball Dont take risks.
frustrating results as we deserved to win. - the defence needs a serious looking at in summer.

deGea a nightmare game. 2 points thrown away By stupid play.

man united 4eva

2nd half was a shit the bed performance.. Axel the jinx strikes again.. absolutely brainless defending to give them that free kick.. Words fail me right now apart from goodbye title race.. oh and hopefully the Dippers and the Berties make a draw.. ah feck it.. we're fecked..:mad:

I'm sick to death of saying that our defence is not good enough. That's thirty league goals conceded so far - a disgrace. Even when we dominate a game for 85 minutes, we concede three goals. Criminal.

We will never challenge for the league with Maguire and Lindelof as first choice centre-backs. Not good enough. Are we ever going to learn and sort it out? We've scored most goals in the Premier League, but the defence has more holes than a tramp's string vest. I'm fecking sick of it. Enough.

dave1956

Cowardly play by De Gea for the 3rd goal, had he dived towards the players feet he would more likely have smothered the ball.
Cannot recall in all the games he has played and saved at the players feet.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Just before the free kick that led to the goal, AWB had the ball and cavani was making a run to the corner flag and AWB makes a shite pass towards the goal, everton intercept and lob it forward and fred (was him ?) commits a foul.

I blame AWB for that goal also, if you check the replay Cavani was shouting at AWB also. Fred had to commit a foul because AWB was caught out of position.

lost7

Come on guys, it’s a sickener yes but we have come on leaps and bounds. I love watching us again.
Maybe time to give Henderson a chance but remember the grass isn’t always greener.

performance 8.5/10 for me tonight
It's exactly because we played so well that it hurts so much. What a way to throw 2 points away and perhaps our (slim) chances to win the title

Toad

I feel sorry for half the team. So many great performances but let down by the defence again. Shaw is excellent as usual but the team must look at Maguire, Lindelof and today De gea and wonder what the feck this club is up to.

MonkeysMagic

We spend upwards of £200m on defence but not one of them is capable of defending.

It cant be right that everytime the opp go forward they looking scoring, we just have zero awareness of the players and spend ball watching. Ole's game management is horrifically bad, for most games this season we are clinging on in the last min giving free kick upon free kick. Its doesn't matter what your opinion of the manager, if its not obvious that under him the team will never win titles I dont know what other evidence is required.

Houdini

I feel sorry for our forwards and midfielders. We did so welll and the defence+GK cost us points without any pressure from Everton. And it's not the frist time! We have a leader in Cavani, we have a leader in Bruno, but Maguire is no leader. We need one at the back.

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 321 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 30% Man Utd 2:1 Everton
  • 20% Man Utd 3:1 Everton