PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:3 Everton

Post-match discussion

Sat, 06 February 2021

Giggsyking

I can't wait to hear you explain how this was Ole's fault.

I bet you can't though :p
It is his fecking fault. Ancelotti getting 3 goals in the second half is only on the manager who does not know how to see a 2 nill lead through the end of the game. What an absolute idiot. What was he fecking thinking in the second half? Why did he even put Tuanzebe on? What was he going to change in the last 2 minutes except giving the ref reason to add another ½ min on the added time.

MrBest

He was lucky not to cost us a goal on more than one occasion, by being two yards deeper than the rest of the line and playing on Everton's forwards.
Out of position a couple of times, one of them he tried to play the offside but Lewin got the better. His tackling was generally very good, getting forward was much better, got an assist too (standard one but still). I never said he was amazing but he does not deserve to be put in the same bracket as Maguirr and De Gea today.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Dominated from start to finish yet gave away 3 of the softest goals I've seen all season. We're currently Liverpool before they signed van Dijk and Alisson.

That result is bitterly disappointing, one of the most disappointing of the season because Everton deserved nothing. Wan-Bissaka's come on leaps and bounds but his positioning still needs work. Rashford's decision making is baffling sometimes. I think McTominay was really good up until the last 10 minutes where he, Fred and the entire back 4 became incredibly sloppy.

Lindelof, Maguire and de Gea have ruined what should've been an excellent and resounding win. I've said it countless times but we looked so much better with Bailly instead of Lindelof, sign a quality, pacy CB in summer and we're laughing. Don't really know how people can have a go at Solskjaer for that, we were in complete control from start to finish, he can't account for our defence being completely absent. The defence have let us down a lot this season, I'm sick to death of it. 9 clean sheets in 27 games for de Gea is pathetic.

Greenwood, Cavani, Shaw and Fernandes were excellent going forward, McTominay was also very good up until the last few minutes. Greenwood's been absolutely quality since the Liverpool game, his all round game has been such an asset, his passing and crossing have been top notch. People should avoid getting carried away with negativity though, we're so close to being a really good team. 2 defensive additions and we're challengers, no question.

DON’T PANIC ™

It’s frustrating, we are so much closer to challenging for the title than I thought we’d be. Defensive calamities are really costing us!

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I see captain pudding playing their best striker onside, being unable to correct that mistake and playing them again onside for the 3rd goal as much more of a problem. De Gea didn't aim for the centre and if we had someone coming back, we won't be talking about De Gea.
Maguire narrowed the angle for Calvert-Lewin for the first, De Gea then palmed it back into the box, which is a schoolboy error. It doesn't matter where De gea was aiming, and you can't excuse him by saying someone could have come back, because when you palm the ball into that space you create danger. If you want to complain about Maguire then go ahead, but to blame him for the first goal is a bit foolish.

Lentwood

How people can blame the defenders is beyond me...Everton had three shots!

You expect to face shots from teams with international attackers. You would hope your keeper might save one shot per game

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It is his fecking fault. Ancelotti getting 3 goals in the second half is only on the manager who does not know how to see a 2 nill lead through the end of the game. What an absolute idiot. What was he fecking thinking in the second half? Why did he even put Tuanzebe on? What was he going to change in the last 2 minutes except giving the ref reason to add another ½ min on the added time.
Supposedly to tighten it up.
Dreadful defending.

In fairness though, if you can't deal with a long ball from 50 yards away, with all of your team back, it can't be pinned on one player.

Schmeichel=God

Basically on wan bissaka for not passing back to de Gea and instead taking the high percentage of turnover route.

Then it's on the players who didn't just hold up their players on the left wing instead of leaving them against Tuanzebe

Then its tuanzebe in the actual tackle, although he was in trouble anyway.

Then it's that shit defence

And then de Gea...maybe...nah.

Rashford left foot chance?

If we didn't waste so much time with that Cavani down and De Gea goalkick....ref probably blows on time.

For me....mostly on awb for not slowing play down and triggering the rest of it as it played out.

Just poor...and I like many of you I'm guessing, was not surprised one iota.

OLLY ORANGE

Degea error for Evertons first goal was the game changer. Two nil up and playing well and then a total confidence booster from a soft goal.
Agree with G Neville thought we played well as a team up front.
Centre backs defo don't like pace and being dragged apart, still an ongoing concern for this team to move forward.
Degea back to his bad habits of not liking direct physical english footbal.
Gutted

Heinzesight

We looked so good, some superb play but to concede those three goals in that manner was simply a joke.

The last few minutes we shit ourselves. The sub was just an invitation for Everton.

The time we needed to play out from the back and waste valuable seconds was in injury time yet we lump it the last 5 minutes.

A real kick in the nuts and taints the Fernandes goal somewhat. We did more than enough to win but let down by a few lads who should be ashamed of themselves. Hope Fernandes is cracking skulls as we speak.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Bruno, Cavani, Greenwood were all excellent in retaining possession and link up play. Shaw was superb again.

Lindelof, Wan Bissaka, and Maguire - very poor composure.

I hope to never see de Gea in a United shirt again.
You will. Next PL game after Henderson has a faultless game. There are currently 4 keepers playing better than DDG and neither of them play for City and Liverpool

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
This might have changed Ole's mind regarding transfers in the summer or he has to get a coach in to actually coach that defence.

SteveCoppellFan

These things will continue to happen until we change keeper and sort out that woeful defence.

Houdini

Yes, you can get away with a sub like that if its an 'old head' , but not a green kid, they are too rash. And its stupid to change the shape in the last minute.
On such small margins titles are won or lost.
True. We were not under pressure. Even that foul was stupid. The sub added that +1min which cost us points. You can not run down the clock by subs in stoppage time. You can put the opposition out of tempo and that was not needed.

DDG: every fecking shot went in..
Maguire: slow just slow
Axel: not ready, stupid decisions
Ole: stupid sub

Siorac

We played very well going forward. Just suspect defensively. We need definitely one possibly two new centre backs.
And a goalkeeper. Our own Van Dijk and Allison transfers, if you will.

Josep Dowling

Stop blaming the attack when we can’t defend. 2 goals should be enough to win a game, let alone 3!
Agreed but that chance Rashford had. Why did he cut inside when it was on his stronger foot? The type of decision he keeps making.

There’s too many jokers in our defence, Maguire is the main culprit imo he’s not good enough, I don’t know how more games it will take for people to realise this.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
And potentially be out of top 4? De Gea is our best bet with the likes of Maguire, Lindelof, Axel in front of him. He makes mistakes, but can come up with some excellent saves. Don't see that happening with Hendo.
The data from the last two seasons suggests that Henderson is comfortably the better performing keeper in terms of his save performance. It is not even close in fact.

Real Name

I'm fuming, mad as hell. We had a great first half, pinned them back, they couldnt cross the halfway line, scored 2 nice goals deservedly. Good chance for Shaw in the beginning of the 2nd half and what do we do. We have 2 brainfarts and let them back in the game from nothing. Lindelof and Maguire slow and De Gea pumps the ball straight to Docoure for the 1st goal.
And then we score, seemingly control the game and then concede the stupidest goal ever in the dying seconds.
De Gea is such a giant wuss if I ever saw one.. You go straight from your line to claim that ball but no him. He waits and then he's late for the challenge. It's his fecking 5 meters in front of goal, you own that and you dont let a player score so close to you you coward!

He should be on the bench indifinetly and hopefully sold in the summer if anyone will take him. Same goes for Lindelof. Actually we might need 2 more CBs cause Axel isnt ready.

Anyone blaming Ole for this is having a clear agenda.

We're a good team but we need to sort the defense if we want to be close to the title and fight for it.

Ffs.

UDontMessWith24

We're a top four team and anyone thinking otherwise is deluding themselves. The manager and the players are that level, at best.
How many points have we lost because we lost our discipline and focus? Everton are a good team and we played them off the pitch.

Judas

Open to offers
AWB playing that reckless pass was idiotic, just asking for trouble. His decision making is baffling, he just doesn't seem to think in those sort of situations.

I'm just really annoyed, in so many departments we were good, but its always our defence and the usual suspects letting us down.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I thought we played fairly well, but a combination of terrible game management, nonsensical defending and piss-weak goalkeeping cost us.

That was a terrible sub to make. Bring on someone who can keep the ball and keep it simple (VDB? Matic?) and not a defender who is probably low on confidence since his last appearance was a shocker. Why did we not make a change earlier? It's a maddening trend of waiting far, far too late.

Maguire looked like he was playing in slow motion. He's been excellent as of late, but awful today. Lindelof not much better.

De Gea is dogshit. the 1st and 3rd goals were just awful errors. So poor. How was he made it to 30 years old as a pro and not one coach has drilled him in coming off his line? He should have been all over that heavy touch from Calvert Lewin late in the first half, but his starting position was so deep. He should have smothered that ball on the 3rd goal, but he barely moved.

TsuWave

Well, a draw away at Leicester isn't a criminal result, it's more the manner of it that was frustrating.

No words for this one though, we basically gifted Everton a point.
It was criminal in the manner it happened. it was not a good result. We should have seen it off.

Stormrage101MUFC

Barring some miracle I think that spells the end of the so-called title race. Hey maybe we'll buy an actual defense this summer.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Disappointed..... comfortablely having 2-0. Ole and team thought they could brush away Everton 3-0 or 4-0. Team came out flat, Everton took advantage. Lucky to score a third goal, dominated but to concede a silly freekick which lead to the goal. City is coasting to another title, 1st and 2nd place will have at least 12 points gap.

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 321 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 30% Man Utd 2:1 Everton
  • 20% Man Utd 3:1 Everton