PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:3 Everton

Post-match discussion

Sat, 06 February 2021

joeunited

Your teammates ran their bollocks off and this is how the 3 of you do to them? Gifted goals?

Well, not a fan of throwing in an extra defender for time killing. It causes confusion and they tend to be over eager - fouling and everything. How many times has it backfired.

Gordon S

That was a suckerpunch! We we`re better all game but still concede 3 goals from so little attacking play from Everton. We still played good football against a very strong team so still positive about this season.

RedDevil@84

The data from the last two seasons suggests that Henderson is comfortably the better performing keeper in terms of his save performance. It is not even close in fact.
Yes, the great Sheff United. If Jose was coaching us, we would not have De Gea leaking goals. Because defending as a team is our only strategy.

Jimmyheals

Scored two brilliant first half goals. Then DDG gives it away. Don’t get me wrong defence was crap in the second half, but DDG needs to deal with those. The first was pitiful, and then he doesn’t even go in for a challenge on the last.

Siorac

We need a dominating goalkeeper like Big Pete. Someone the defence trusts, organises his defence and gives his defence hell.
Yeah, with a 28-year-old Schmeichel this game ends 3-0. But there's no point to daydreaming about such things.

Irrational.

The league was never on anyway. We aren't consistent enough.

I feel sorry for winners like Bruno and Cavani having to put up with a bunch of fragile fannies.

RRCE

Absolutely two points thrown away.

Another game where we were seriously let down by weak goaltending and shocking defending from Lindelof and Maguire. Their dismal displays speak for themselves.

That said, there were a few other things that contributed to the loss. Why bring Tuanzebe on? I know Ole was trying to kill the clock, but Tuanzebe‘s biggest contributions of late have been own goals. The two things he had to do when coming on were to not score on his own net and not give away any cheap fouls. He couldn’t manage it. Why did Wan-Bassaka try a Hollywood pass prior to that? He just needed to keep possession. Crazy decision. Why can’t Rashford and Greenwood see simple passes? I know they‘re strikers by nature and think shoot first, but they’re professional footballers. Their selfishness and poor decision making cost us easy goals. The attackers were good overall today, but we left a couple of easy goals on the table.

Ole should be fuming after that. A small handful of players really let him and the team down today (and not fir the first time this season).

hubbuh

The wife just said it... ‘it’s only a game’.
:lol:

:(

The defence has some serious apologising to do to the forwards. I can't believe they've let everyone down with the biggest bed shitting in a long time. That's such a joke, I'm sick.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
What a strange match. The first half we were by far the better side and deserved a 2 goal lead.

Positives
- AWB is becoming a better attacker. He is showing some moves and looks really comfortable with the ball. I wish he had not tried to pass it to Cavani at the end, though, he should have dribbled to the corner and wasted some seconds.
- We played much better without having a passenger in Martial.
- Shaw in fantastic form
- Greenwood looked sharp

Negatives
- Losing Pogba for a few weeks is going to hurt
- Rashford didn't seem totally in the match, just a thought too slow many times
- DeGea is just not brave enough to be a top keeper any more. He has to throw his body at Lewis at the end. One time is not a big deal, but we know it's been about 10 times this season.

Leeuw

Supports
Sporting CP
Think that if liverpool doesn't win tomorrow, that it will be man city this year. Too bad we -some players but also the directors - don't lift their game. Too much mistakes DDG and not the right signings in the transfermarket. I don't know which goalkeepers are the best in the PL - not talking about the big clubs - but I bet there must be a better one DDG cost us the cup last year and the last week his mistakes cost us problably the title.

Man Utd. scouts should watch Rui Patricio of Wolves at Sporting and Portugal he was very reliable and at Sporting he played with a high line defence but maybe there is an even better one.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
How the shit are we to have conceded a set piece goal taken from there?

Seriously, when does anyone conceded from a free kick taken from there!? It's such an easy ball to defend....yet we feck it up royally. Absolutely pathetic.

gazbradley

Feels like a loss.
Wouldn’t be against giving hendo a run of games now, some ok fixtures before Chelsea and city games. Just don’t think de gea suits the way we want to play anymore, makes me nervous every opportunity opposition have to play a ball into the box
Positives, thought Greenwood looked closer to his form last season especially first half, Bruno’s goal was delicious and dealt with losing pogba early well

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Guessing Bruno has destroyed a door somewhere within OT.

Coops73

De Gea shite tonight, he’s been shocking on more than one occasion.
I’ve never seen a goalkeeper with less bollocks.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
How can Ole be smiling in the interview!
Put some fire in your blood Ole!

DavelinaJolie

The defence is just a gaping hole waiting to be run through.

Rashford is the most infuriating player in the squad, capable of pure brilliance, but also capable of mind melting vacuousness.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yeah, with a 28-year-old Schmeichel this game ends 3-0. But there's no point to daydreaming about such things.
I know. Is Dean that goalkeeper, he has looked dodgy at times, or do you just bite the bullet and let Dean grow into the role. Pogba going off as well. Sigh!

UDontMessWith24

Basically on wan bissaka for not passing back to de Gea and instead taking the high percentage of turnover route.

Then it's on the players who didn't just hold up their players on the left wing instead of leaving them against Tuanzebe

Then its tuanzebe in the actual tackle, although he was in trouble anyway.

Then it's that shit defence

And then de Gea...maybe...nah.

Rashford left foot chance?

If we didn't waste so much time with that Cavani down and De Gea goalkick....ref probably blows on time.

For me....mostly on awb for not slowing play down and triggering the rest of it as it played out.

Just poor...and I like many of you I'm guessing, was not surprised one iota.
It’s an I’ll-disciplined and highly naive team that can arbitrarily lose its focus at any given time no matter how well things are going.

OrcaFat

One of the most annoying capitulations of the season. It was a mistake to put Axel on, we needed calmness and players to give us out balls, probably better to leave it as it was for one more minute.

Shame Shaw didn’t manage to put his chance away.

RedDevil@84

Anyone blaming Ole for tonight is having a laugh
I am. He could have made attacking subs long back and tried to get 4th or 5th. Instead he sat there and waited and waited and then threw in a defender in last minutes, expecting something magical.

Ole is of course not the only reason we did not win today, but he had a very solid part in the fiasco.

Dobba

It is his fecking fault. Ancelotti getting 3 goals in the second half is only on the manager who does not know how to see a 2 nill lead through the end of the game. What an absolute idiot. What was he fecking thinking in the second half? Why did he even put Tuanzebe on? What was he going to change in the last 2 minutes except giving the ref reason to add another ½ min on the added time.
Read this a couple of times and all I'm getting from it is that we gave up 3 goals, all of them absolutely feebly, because Ole brought Axel on in stoppage time.

It's one way to look at that 50 minutes of football, I guess.

MU655

I'm surprised about the low ratings on players. Currently, Pogba 5.8 and Fred 5.5, Mctominay only 6.8. It seems weird considering we dominated possession (63%). We scored goals and we created other chances also. We were on top pretty much the whole match, and if we won, it would have gone down as a great performance.

It seems odd to downgrade other's performances because of some bad individual mistakes. Maguire and De Gea heavily to blame for the draw, so they should get low ratings.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Yes, the great Sheff United. If Jose was coaching us, we would not have De Gea leaking goals. Because defending as a team is our only strategy.
I’m not sure what your argument is. It is post shot XG data. What else are you going to judge a goalkeeper’s shot stopping by? Henderson has comfortably been the better shot stopper over the last two seasons.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
DDG cannot keep his place after that performance to be honest. So annoyed with this one.
giving DDG that contract was the first mistake. Second mistake was giving Henderson his deal to come back and to breathe down each other’s necks. Whats the fecking point. Neither of them are playing well now. It’s just bad management with Romero and Grant getting paid top dollar to train and chill.

doom and gloom aside I thought we played quite well. We controlled the game and had plenty of good chances. Rashford had Cavani/Greenwood open a few times and wouldn’t use them. Standard Rashford these days. What can you say about the central defenders and goalie though? That’s borderline criminal. These are all players at their peak ffs. Highest paid keeper in the world. 80 million quid defender. Argh

Roboc7

Going forward lots of positives but defensively a shambles. Big concern is it wasn’t an off day for the centre backs just that they weren’t good enough and couldn’t cope.

Maguire has been decent for us overall but he is a big problem. He’s too slow to play a high line and in a team that wants to push fullbacks forward. He can’t cover the channels and is almost redundant when he can’t sit deep.

ken11

We have to move on from DDG. I'm sorry but giving us 8/10 in 1/4 matches doesn't cut it these days. He has lost his desire to prove himself. The guy was never a brave keeper to begin with but he had reflexes up the wazoo up until a few years ago.

wolvored

This wont happen, but I would hope the manager gets rid of Jones, Tuanzebe, Injury prone and useless at this level. Lindelof too slow and cowardly and Bailley who is injury prone and bring in 2 top class CD in the summer. Promote our next big thing from the youth. Otherwise this will hppen again and again. We ought to start looking at goalkeepers as well as De Gea isnt aging very well and not sure Henderson is the answer to replace him if we want to battle for the title next season.

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 321 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 30% Man Utd 2:1 Everton
  • 20% Man Utd 3:1 Everton