PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 Everton

Post-match discussion

Sat, 02 October 2021

devil in me

We must be the only team in the world to play with 2 DMs and be so easy to attack against. It's some effort tbh.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Hopefully we Ole leaves and we don’t sign Rice

big run of fixtures coming up, not sure if the board have the bottle but our season could be saved if Ole is sacked before Christmas
Problem with that is, you’re not getting a top coach in. Forget Zidane or Conte. The board have learned that these big egos don’t work at Utd. Sack him and we’d be left with Carrick as caretaker.

So he’s with us till the end of the season. Get used to it

Giggsy13

Last year it was set pieces, now these bluffers might need a tactical foul coach. Absolutely pathetic and piss poor watching Fred get outmuscled by Gray and then AWB doing nothing but ball watching.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Pretty standard performance from us really

We look so vulnerable on the break and corners for us are more of a threat for the opposition
I actually thought the exact same when Townsend randomly gifted us a corner. Very clever, even if not deliberate.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I’d say yes. If you want a double pivot, I’d have him and McT with Bruno alongside
Not convinced Bruno and Pogba work against sides who play like that
Actually think Paul is a big problem, you can get something out of Bruno, even when he is bad. Paul has to be on his game completely to see anything worthwhile. That will be a lovely big contract for Paul then.

bonothom

Fred doesn't have intelligence though, otherwise he would have made a foul to stop that Everton attack.
I really don't see the point of either Fred or Mctominay. They offer nothing in attack and they still can't break up a counter attack as was perfectly demonstrated by the Everton goal.

tjb

I don't see the need to insult Ole. I think it's time he leaves as I don't think he's good enough but he's obviously giving it his all. He's just not up to it.
He should be the one to resign. He's trying new things every game now, but it's not working. He looks lost for ideas. It's not the group of players either. Outside of our midfield 2, for most if the games this season, I don't really think we've had bad attacking performers outside of martial a few weeks ago. I also don't think our defenders have been bad either. A weak midfield should not hurt us as much as it seems at the minute

Denis79

1-0 up against a depleted Everton at home and we get destroyed off a counter from our own corner despite getting 4 or 5 players back to their 3 attackers.

You will struggle to see that at an u-8s match. You really would.
There wouldn't be 4 or 5 players at the back in a U-8 team. All are on the ball.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Shocking second half. If Davies shot like he should have it would have had the same outcome as the Townsend one.

They were missing Calvert Lewin and Richarlison as well. Shambles ffs

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Get Brendan in.
An ex-Liverpool manager though?

Wasn't the whole issue with Rodgers that he was a good manager who took Liverpool a good distance, but needed to be replaced by Klopp who could take them to the next level?

And aren't we basically saying we need to do the same thing? So is Rodgers really the answer?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I think we actually did decently today. Especially the first half. We made more than enough chances to win this game. Poor finishing has cost us two points. If we don't concede, and everything else stayed the same, I think our fans would have been mostly happy with that performance. We still look too open on counters, though. We send a lot of players forward, so we'll get countered sometimes, but it happens too frequently. It happens a lot from our own corners. This needs to be sorted our asap.

I really thought we'd go on and get the second, but it sadly didn't happen.
Kinda how I feel, we were really in control and dominated the ball. I feel like we really wanted that second and that cost us. But we always have a clown cart goal that we can concede at any moment. Very frustrating and questions will rightly but put to the manager.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Until now he had excuse of rebuilding but I think he himself realizes at this point he is out of depth here with this world class squad.
What gives you the impression Ole thinks he is out of his depth?

Exactly. Having a joke with one of the worst perfoming players on the pitch he should be bollocking
Publicly? No

Giggsy13

An ex-Liverpool manager though?

Wasn't the whole issue with Rodgers that he was a good manager who took Liverpool a good distance, but needed to be replaced by Klopp who could take them to the next level?

And aren't we basically saying we need to do the same thing? So is Rodgers really the answer?
Rodgers is a better manager than Ole though.

IncyWincySpider

I thought for the first 20 minutes we were playing really well, moving the ball around quickly with some slick passing and good movement. It seemed to change after the brief bust up when McTom picked the Everton player off the floor, it was as though our players' frustration boiled over but I don't really know why they were frustrated at that point because they were doing well.

Of course we were hit too easily on the break and should have controlled the game better once we took the lead. I'm actually feeling a little better than I was after the Villa game because there were signs of improvement. It really wasn't anywhere near as bad as the last two games.

Ixion

we had 72% possession
Possession doesn't mean shit really, plenty of teams have shown they can win with less possession. Ole clings to it to try and suggest we dominated the game ignoring they had the better chances like practically every game.

MrBest

That was a shambles from the 10th min to the end. Nothing has changed, he is making this sqaud look like small timers. I hope we do enough to stay in the top 4, Ole is not getting sacked. Maybe next year will be our year? Oh I sound like a Liverpool fan, how times have changed.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The fact he mentions the DVB has built himself up physically while Fred loses possession if someone sneezes on him.

SirScholes

Problem with that is, you’re not getting a top coach in. Forget Zidane or Conte. The board have learned that these big egos don’t work at Utd. Sack him and we’d be left with Carrick as caretaker.

So he’s with us till the end of the season. Get used to it
You never know, managers move all the time.
I’m not a massive zidane fan, but at this point I’d take my Nan over Ole

In Einsteins words, The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Rodgers is a better manager than Ole though.
That's as may be, but only two managers (post-war) have won the league with United, and only three have won a European trophy.

It just strikes me that if we replace Ole (and I am coming round to the necessity of that) we need a manager of the highest level to compete and win trophies given the level of competition that exists especially in the EPL. I am just not sure whether Rodgers is that man, and worry that we could appoint him we will be back in a similar position having similar discussions three years down the line.

Inigo Montoya

You never know, managers move all the time.
I’m not a massive zidane fan, but at this point I’d take my Nan over Ole

In Einsteins words, The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
:lol:

Inigo Montoya

This is my worry. The managers we should appoint are probably less than ten, and a lot of those already have jobs.
Ten Haag isn’t :lol:
He’s an eleven

But you’re right, no one’s moving until the summer and the Glazers know it

Giggsy13

Maybe, but not good enough for us now
Why not? His Leicester side bossed us in the fa cup and have beaten us at OT. He would be presiding over a top side 4 if not for injuries last season and the season before. I’d put money on them winning Europa this season. He’s a very good manager with more credentials than Ole.

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 288 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Man Utd 2:0 Everton
  • 21% Man Utd 2:1 Everton