PL L FA Premier League

Everton 1:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 09 April 2022

R'hllor

Hard to sign top players when Utd are out of the top 4, the existing players not up to it, no CL etc. This will be a long, hard slog that will probably see the rest of the decade out before there is any real challenge for the top trophies.
The "top" players we sign, i rather not at all.

moodyred

When will we stop playing static no urgency football?

I dont feel anything anymore. They should cut all the players play and make tickets free for fans.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
First game I've simply not bothered to watch this season, do not regret it at all. Season was done a few weeks ago.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
A few days ago Burnley scored 3 goals and beat Everton. Burnley!
Yep. A team which otherwise can't buy a goal.

Today really was just absolutely fecking detestable. Absolute cnuts, the lot of them.

LawmanMan

Think there has been worse quality, but they put the effort it. This is down to self important attitude.
Yeah, that's what I mean. They are a disgrace for the club and should all be shipped out.

When you consider all the advantages we have over other clubs now in terms of resources it is simply astounding how bad we have become.

Hester_manc

Unlucky to lose this game. But we did not play well enough. Even if Everton scores a very lucky goal, we should be able to come back and win this.

Djemba-Djemba

The club and the players gave up on this season long ago.

I suggest we all do the same and just stop paying attention until August.

Bertie 2 Hats

Watching this current team is akin to 'Death by a thousand cuts'.. Our team from the 1973/74 season would give this lot a game.. :eek:

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
They don't care.

They're not playing for the manager because they know he's out of the door in a few weeks. Interim manager with this group, in hindsight was the most stupid decision we could have made. Their actual visible attitude is 'so what?'.

The fans have to put the boot in now and not bother to turn up to games, and don't even tune in on the TV. Don't engage with their social media platforms.

Each and everyone one of them should be at the lowest point possible in terms of their stock, but they continue to earn obscene amounts of money irrespective of how they perform.

I'm done and dusted until August. I've no further interest in this group and I value my time more than this.

I truly hope United fans collectively take a similar approach - but I'm not stupid enough to think it will happen nor do I think the minority who will do similar will make any difference :(

Blood Mage

Rashford simply must be sold. I don't want to see him start a game for us again.

Flexdegea

Any one trying to bypass the players again and blame Rnagnick for this effort they sticking out need to look at this.

Should he hitting you up the face that something rotten has been brewing with this squad this season

MUFC OK

Mata played well when he came on. Forgot what an intelligent player who’s good in possession looks like.

ShinjiNinja26

Ole got far more out of these same players. I think it’s far more likely this sits with our dross manager rather than every single player in our squad suddenly becoming crap. Almost all of them have played better at other clubs or international teams, we just haven’t had a decent manager post Fergie.
This the same Ole that had us in a horrendous state before he was sacked and that’s what led to us appointing an interim in the first place? Point is there’s one constant here and it’s this shower of shite out on the pitch. It’s the same old story with this lot, things start out ok and we have a season or two of playing reasonably well and then when they decide they’ve had enough they down tools and things go downhill rapidly. Now I’m not saying the managers blameless, Rangnick hasn’t had the impact we all hoped for and Ole was clearly out of his depth from the start but if ETH does come in, a manager currently on the up and who’s only ever known winning in his managerial career and he still fails then what’s the excuse going to be?

VivaRonaldo85

Cements this season as the worse season post Fergie by far. And that’s saying something. What a bunch of unbalanced dross this squad is. Everton very comfortable and that’s a relegation threatened team with a mardy home fan base. Embarrassing

Smithy89

Rashford simply must be sold. I don't want to see him start a game for us again.
I know he didn't play today but Shaw can go also, as can Maguire, AWB, Pogba, Jesse, Martial, Mata, Cavani and i could probably go on.

LawmanMan

Mata played well when he came on. Forgot what an intelligent player who’s good in possession looks like.
Yeah, I noticed that. We should make him a starter and keep Pogba as far away from the first team as we can.

I would have expected Fred to at least have made an effort to improve in the second half so Ralf's decision to bring on the laziest player in the squad in his place astounds me. It seems plain to me that Pogba deliberately plays badly to stick the finger up at the club and fans.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I can’t see wher when next win is coming. Even Norwich at home looks uncertain. We’re actually in relegation form but fortunately have amassed 51 points!
I think we should just load the bench with kids, what is the point of having players on there who will not be here next season, if any show something good when they come on, start them in the next game.

Redfrog

Surprised? Nope. Increase 5 year plan to 10. Really need 10 or 11 players - horrendous previous management signed absolutely dogshit players.

Paying for years and years of poorly run from above and poorly managed teams.
Well, « the plan » is 9 years now since Fergie retired. We should increase it to 20.

big_jeffstar

It’s the players, they don’t understand tactics, they play the same brain dead football regardless of what they’re asked to do on the pitch.. everyone is walking around.. the manager doesn’t ask them to do that, it’s absolutely rotten to the core

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yeah, I noticed that. We should make him a starter and keep Pogba as far away from the first team as we can.

I would have expected Fred to at least have made an effort to improve in the second half so Ralf's decision to bring on the laziest player in the squad in his place astounds me. It seems plain to me that Pogba deliberately plays badly to stick the finger up at the club and fans.
Fred was injured, that's why he went off.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
Hard to care at this point. Not going to stress myself out over players who couldn't care less. What's the point?

Smithy89

How have we let Pogba stay at this club on that wage for so long, club is a farce. Play Hannibal over him.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Watching them stroll around the pitch without a care in the world every single week is killing my spirit for the game.

Castia

Fecking rubbish the lot of them

Why Pogba, Mata etc are around the team when they’re all leaving is beyond me play the kids ffs

Player Ratings

3.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 240 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 20% Everton 1:2 Man Utd
  • 18% Everton 0:2 Man Utd